Deion in Hot Water With Colorado Liberals

AU-24

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/deion-sanders-center-religion-controversy-months-colorado-starts-2023-season

Colorado head coach Deion Sanders has yet to officially appear on the sidelines for the Buffaloes after taking the job in December, but he’s already at the center of controversy over his religion.

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/deion-sanders-center-religion-controversy-months-colorado-starts-2023-season

Colorado head coach Deion Sanders has yet to officially appear on the sidelines for the Buffaloes after taking the job in December, but he’s already at the center of controversy over his religion.

Hey Itchy, this is your boy! Lol!

The Freedom from Religion Foundation sent the University of Colorado a letter on Jan. 24 about Sanders’ references to Christianity and claimed they were contacted by residents who were concerned players were potentially being pressured to pray during their team meetings.

I don’t understand why we’re posting articles on a non Auburn coach in the political forum. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, creed said:

I don’t understand why we’re posting articles on a non Auburn coach in the political forum. 

LMAO, you gotta be joking right?

:lol: 

I hope so.

6 hours ago, AU-24 said:

I came away from those other threads thinking you were anti-Deion.

Now you're posting gems about him.

Now I wish we would have hired him as our head of recruiting even more ;) 

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, creed said:

Because it’s a discussion about the intersection of politics and religion?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Mims44 said:

I came away from those other threads thinking you were anti-Deion.

Now you're posting gems about him.

Now I wish we would have hired him as our head of recruiting even more ;) 

i believe the majority of folks on aufam wanted sanders or that is what i got from reading different posts. do you agree?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i believe the majority of folks on aufam wanted sanders or that is what i got from reading different posts. do you agree?

No

• Like 2

13 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

He had a good bit of support here. And I think others who didn’t have him as their top pick would have gotten on board quickly had he been hired. But I don’t think it was a majority or really that close to one. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

He had a good bit of support here. And I think others who didn’t have him as their top pick would have gotten on board quickly had he been hired. But I don’t think it was a majority or really that close to one. 

it seemed like it did but i bow to your wisdom oh mighty one. you seem to have always been fair minded on opinions on here. i will admit you being republican and being honest has been very refreshing.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

No

54 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I'm gonna hop on this train also and say 'No'

He was def the most popular, most polarizing, most talked about, but that doesn't necessarily translate into most wanted. His name came up more in threads than anyone elses, but it was just as likely to be a post bashing him as praising him.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

I'm gonna hop on this train also and say 'No'

He was def the most popular, most polarizing, most talked about, but that doesn't necessarily translate into most wanted. His name came up more in threads than anyone elses, but it was just as likely to be a post bashing him as praising him.

well mr mims i do have senior moments. um, an occasional pot moment as well. i just hope that i am one of your favorites on here...............wiggles eyebrows.

There's something about 'Football coaches" at all levels from pro to pee-wee, that so many of them think they received some special calling from God to go be a football coach.

Edited by CoffeeTiger

16 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

There's something about 'Football coaches" at all levels from pro to pee-wee, that so many of them think they received some special calling from God to go be a football coach.

That's not a 'football coach' thing, as much as it's a Christian thing.

Ask a Christian why they started mentoring kids, giving to charity, volunteering to help the needy or homeless. Very rarely will the answer be anything other than God calling upon them to do it. 

My first reply in this thread was kinda tongue in cheek, but I really do appreciate the Christians that aren't afraid to speak about their faith publicly these days, it is def not in a celebrities best interest to constantly bring up God or Christian values on  TV.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

well mr mims i do have senior moments. um, an occasional pot moment as well. i just hope that i am one of your favorites on here...............wiggles eyebrows.

You don't want to be my favorite fifty.

All my favorites get banned from these boards...

or they lose their minds *cough* @homersapien *cough*

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Absolutely no

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Absolutely no

you ready to buy me lunch yet? i wanna come down and visit old haunts and hit the fight song on the road in. i would love to see the football museum as well. it has been a while and i would love to see what was added.

3 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Wow!  I'm Famous!  

(Or at least notorious.)  :-\

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you ready to buy me lunch yet? i wanna come down and visit old haunts and hit the fight song on the road in. i would love to see the football museum as well. it has been a while and i would love to see what was added.

How long since you have been to Auburn?

4 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

How long since you have been to Auburn?

the museum was new lol. i would probably get lost now. i am not even sure what all there is to do.

15 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

i just found some gummies that have delta 8 and delta 9 and they just put me on my behind. and i have been partaking 53 or more years. and they are legal. i still do not understand until i was gifted a couple. all it takes is a half. and they do not leave that white crust around your mouth either..........grins

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well, then how about notorious? 

sometimes you just have to be a legend in your own mind. look around your house and see all the scalps you have taken on this board.

55 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

That's not a 'football coach' thing, as much as it's a Christian thing.

Ask a Christian why they started mentoring kids, giving to charity, volunteering to help the needy or homeless. Very rarely will the answer be anything other than God calling upon them to do it. 

I don't really consider "coaching football" to be on the same level as charity and helping the disadvantaged. 

Football coaches are the highest paid public employees in most states, and most high schools have more male employees wanting to coach the football team  than they have available spots. At my high school it sometimes seemed like we had more 'coaches' on the sideline than we had players in uniform. 

If coaches really are doing it because God telepathically tells them to then IMO God's calling too many people to fill up the sidelines of football fields and possibly not enough to do charity, homeless service, fostering, etc. 

55 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

My first reply in this thread was kinda tongue in cheek, but I really do appreciate the Christians that aren't afraid to speak about their faith publicly these days, it is def not in a celebrities best interest to constantly bring up God or Christian values on  TV.

Deon talking about his faith publicly on his own time if perfectly fine and nobody has a problem with that. The issue is Deon preaching to his players during team/school events where the players have no real choice but to listen and participate. 

• Like 1