Deion in Hot Water With Colorado Liberals

AU-24

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I don't really consider "coaching football" to be on the same level as charity and helping the disadvantaged. 

Football coaches are the highest paid public employees in most states, and most high schools have more male employees wanting to coach the football team  than they have available spots. At my high school it sometimes seemed like we had more 'coaches' on the sideline than we had players in uniform. 

If coaches really are doing it because God telepathically tells them to then IMO God's calling too many people to fill up the sidelines of football fields and possibly not enough to do charity, homeless service, fostering, etc. 

Out of all the football coaches in the country there are a ton more doing it for free or for very little pay than the ones making millions. Even at 3a-4a schools a lot of the non HC/OC/DC coaches are volunteers or being paid standard EC amounts which amount to less than minimum wage when you tally up all the hours. I may be misremembering or it could have been 'fake news' :lol:  but didn't Deion take drastically reduced pay compared to the norm at most of his coaching stops?

Also, that last sentence makes you seem a like maybe you're just being goofy? Not sure.

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Deon talking about his faith publicly on his own time if perfectly fine and nobody has a problem with that. The issue is Deon preaching to his players during team/school events where the players have no real choice but to listen and participate.

Might need some FoS expert to weigh in, but I believe there would only be an issue if players were being coerced or punished for religious reasons. If it's just someone speaking their opinion it's ok. Not 100% on that though it would seem weird if someone saying "don't sleep with your co-workers wife" is ok. But if they say 'Ya know, the bible says not to sleep with other peoples wives' then there is legal issues.

Also, his name is Deion. It's been typed here a bajillion times over the past few months and is even spelled correctly in the title of the thread. Are you intentionally misspelling his name as a way to be disrespectful (the way bammers spell it 'Awbarn'?) or is it that hard for you to remember even very oft-repeated names?

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Wow!  I'm Famous!  

(Or at least notorious.)  :-\

I could make a thread and just fill it up with all the odd, spectacular, spot-on, and sometimes down right insane comebacks and remarks you have made to me and others over the years.

• Haha 1

On 3/3/2023 at 1:16 PM, Mims44 said:

I could make a thread and just fill it up with all the odd, spectacular, spot-on, and sometimes down right insane comebacks and remarks you have made to me and others over the years.

Be my guest....

Hell, make it easy and just limit yourself to the "insane" ones.  ;D

On 3/3/2023 at 9:31 AM, homersapien said:

Wow!  I'm Famous!  

(Or at least notorious.)  :-\

2809b724-f119-40a4-ad13-6f21da4224a9_tex

Read the story. Had nothing to with Colorado. They actually defended him. Just a group poking their nose where it don't belong

On 3/2/2023 at 9:29 AM, Mims44 said:

I came away from those other threads thinking you were anti-Deion.

Now you're posting gems about him.

Now I wish we would have hired him as our head of recruiting even more ;) 

Posting every bit of "bad" Deion stuff he can find.....add up his prior history, it's absolutely hilarious.

As if every coach down here in the sec does anything different as far as speaking about God. What did Gus do. As a matter of fact I will go as far to say if this was happening to Gus he'd be posting about how he stands with him and would be trying to make him a sacrificial martyr of some sort.

Freedom from Religion Foundation sends my clients these types of communications from time to time. This is much to do about nothing. 

i just do not get the hate for sanders. well maybe other than that pass interference no call. i just think it is early to criticize him at the moment. from past experience if you criticize someone you need to give them a chance to do something they can criticize him about right? explain the difference between him and harsin. both are tough it would seem right? until the wheels fell off they loved harsin for being tough right?