Biggest Scandal In American History

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

A problem is not a scandal. The border is a problem and we desperately need immigration reform to help address that problem, but a scandal suggests some kind of improper act by an elected official.

And not just policy one disagrees with by itself.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Moving on to another candidate for worst scandal, I think the current border crisis should rank very high.

Be careful, a bunch of “good ole boy” southern contractors starting sending convoys to the border in the late 80’s and 90’s. Illegals did not invade Atlanta to tour CNN and Coca Cola.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Be careful, a bunch of “good ole boy” southern contractors starting sending convoys to the border in the late 80’s and 90’s. Illegals did not invade Atlanta to tour CNN and Coca Cola.

My neighborhood would have never been built without them. 

12 hours ago, AU9377 said:

How is that a scandal?

Scandal or disaster, how would you characterize Biden's Border Blunder?

• Facepalm 1

21 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Fauci dismissed the lab leak theory under TRUMP.

https://nypost.com/2023/03/06/fauci-sneered-at-gop-lab-leak-concerns/amp/

Maybe Trump was in China’s pocket due to Ivanka’s business interests in China— whaddya think?

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/may/28/ivanka-trump-won-china-trademarks-donald-trump-zte-reversal

@Mikey always unprincipled and usually wrong.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

My neighborhood would have never been built without them. 

Sure it would. Just taken twice the time and cost four times as much.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Sure it would. Just taken twice the time and cost four times as much.

If it cost 4 times as much it wouldn’t be my neighborhood. 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Scandal or disaster, how would you characterize Biden's Border Blunder?

My point is that a policy decision, one someone agrees with or one that someone disagrees with, isn't a scandal.   A scandal is something like Trump  using the office of President to get some personal political advantage by strong arming a foreign country. A scandal is something like Bill Clinton and Monica's blue dress.

The border has been a disaster for the past decade or more.  The problem isn't solved by building more wall or even having more border patrol officers.  The vast majority of those coming into the country are standing in line and requesting asylum.

Until we change our immigration system, the problem won't go away.  We spent 200 years begging everyone to come and we are now full.  Policy has to reflect that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

This is true.

4 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

This is true.

Of course.My career was commercial contracting. Sub contractors would   give orders on how many “amigos” needed. Just like ordering pancakes at IHOP. I started hiring them in the late 90’s. Most had all credentials required although they proved in time to be fake. Biggest part of those guys were great people and made work life so easy.  Amazing how quickly they picked things up. 3 of those guys could do more than 8 of ours and without any of the drama.

Contracting is where I discovered how rotten most lawyers tend to be😀

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

What difference does that make? Fauci has continued lying. He did just a week ago under questioning by Sen. Paul.

This was the claim Texas was responding to, from Mikey:

I'll say the biggest scandal is Bungling Biden encouraging Faucci to cover up the Wuhan lab leak because Biden's in the Chinese Communist's pocket. After your family takes multi-millions of dollars from a certain source they own you. The Communist Chinese own Biden.

The fact that Fauci dismissed the lab leak theory while serving under TRUMP, before Biden even took office, makes quite a bit of difference with regards to the airheaded claim Mikey made.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Of course.My career was commercial contracting. Sub contractors would   give orders on how many “amigos” needed. Just like ordering pancakes at IHOP. I started hiring them in the late 90’s. Most had all credentials required although they proved in time to be fake. Biggest part of those guys were great people and made work life so easy.  Amazing how quickly they picked things up. 3 of those guys could do more than 8 of ours and without any of the drama.

Contracting is where I discovered how rotten most lawyers tend to be😀

The likely undocumented laborers I’ve seen doing construction are some of the hardest working folks I’ve seen. Much of our economic boom is owed them.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

The likely undocumented laborers I’ve seen doing construction are some of the hardest working folks I’ve seen. Much of our economic boom is owed them.

Contrary to opinion of some reports we always paid them well. Any decent contractor will pay every nickel he can afford for production. Rule of thumb is that finishing on time most always equates to good margins.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AU9377 said:

A problem is not a scandal. The border is a problem and we desperately need immigration reform to help address that problem, but a scandal suggests some kind of improper act by an elected official.

So isn't the fact that Sec. Mayorkas isn't enforcing the existing immigration laws an improper act? Isn't the fact that our open border is resulting in a huge influx of drugs which are hurting so many people, especially young ones, a scandal? Isn't the influx of a lot of MS-13 gang members who are committing serious problems a scandal? Isn't it a scandal that we are paying more to take care of illegals than our vets? I think so but that's just my humble opinion. I think it is also the opinion of law abiding citizens along the border who live in fear.

Edited by Son of A Tiger

42 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I agree but why can't we allow them in under something like the green card system and give them a limited time to become legal citizens or go home?

56 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

This was the claim Texas was responding to, from Mikey:

I'll say the biggest scandal is Bungling Biden encouraging Faucci to cover up the Wuhan lab leak because Biden's in the Chinese Communist's pocket. After your family takes multi-millions of dollars from a certain source they own you. The Communist Chinese own Biden.

The fact that Fauci dismissed the lab leak theory while serving under TRUMP, before Biden even took office, makes quite a bit of difference with regards to the airheaded claim Mikey made.

But Fauci continues to lie as he just did in a Senate hearing earlier this week. Yet he will still draw a huge retirement check from the gov't which we will come from our taxes.

Edited by Son of A Tiger

4 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

But Fauci continues to lie as he just did in a Senate hearing earlier this week. Yet he will still draw a huge retirement check from the gov't which we will come from our taxes.

That's a different argument than what Mikey threw out there and Tex responded to though.  You're not just moving the goalposts, you're obliterating them.

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

That's a different argument than what Mikey threw out there and Tex responded to though.  You're not just moving the goalposts, you're obliterating them.

So penalize me back to the OP which I made and let's try again with new goalposts😀

Edited by Son of A Tiger

16 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

I agree but why can't we allow them in under something like the green card system and give them a limited time to become legal citizens or go home?

I’m open to looking at options.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Because every time such a proposal gets raised, the conservatives scream "No amnesty!!" and any Republican who backs it gets primaried out of office.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Because every time such a proposal gets raised, the conservatives scream "No amnesty!!" and any Republican who backs it gets primaried out of office.

All conservatives and all Republicans?

Just now, Son of A Tiger said:

All conservatives and all Republicans?

Virtually.  Find me a Republican who proposes an amnesty track like this and manages to stay in office.  The ones who are in favor of it are vastly outnumbered in their own party and generally only survive elections because they exist in a unicorn district.

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Virtually.  Find me a Republican who proposes an amnesty track like this and manages to stay in office.  The ones who are in favor of it are vastly outnumbered in their own party and generally only survive elections because they exist in a unicorn district.

I guess time will tell if these do or if Sen. Tuberville does.

Handful of House Republicans Unveil a New Amnesty Bill | Federation for American Immigration Reform (fairus.org)

1 minute ago, Son of A Tiger said:

The opposition is already starting when FAIR starts raising red flags.

• Like 1