Can we finally all agree

TexasTiger

That Fox is not a news channel? It’s an opinion channel. A disinformation channel? A stoking outrage for ratings channel? 

And yes, I know all cable news sucks these days. But there is not currently an opinion person on other channels with a fan base that overwhelms the channel itself or the news team, or even tries to.

C934930C-1BCA-4872-869C-383C300DDC28.jpeg

https://news.yahoo.com/rupert-murdoch-worried-sean-hannity-005128847.html

On Jan. 4, 2021, Fox News host Tucker Carlson was done with Donald Trump.

"We are very, very close to being able to ignore Trump most nights. I truly can’t wait," he texted an unidentified person.

"I hate him passionately. ... I can’t handle much more of this," he added.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

That Fox is not a news channel? It’s an opinion channel. A disinformation channel? A stoking outrage for ratings channel? 

And yes, I know all cable news sucks these days. But there is not currently an opinion person on other channels with a fan base that overwhelms the channel itself or the news team, or even tries to.

C934930C-1BCA-4872-869C-383C300DDC28.jpeg

They are a news channel with some influential contributors or “host”. I have them on in the background some mornings after local news. Maybe just like their presentation. During the Trump years always wanted to hear what may have transpired or been tweeted at 3:00 in the morning.

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

They are a news channel with some influential contributors or “host”. I have them on in the background some mornings after local news. Maybe just like their presentation. During the Trump years always wanted to hear what may have transpired or been tweeted at 3:00 in the morning.

If the opinion guys can get rid of the news guys for being truthful, how can they be a news org?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Just now, TexasTiger said:

If the opinion guys can get rid of the news guys for being truthful, how can they be a news org?

Good point and I have always liked Wallace.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Good point and I have always liked Wallace.

Wallace gave them some credibility. When they first started, they were a legitimate news channel with a slant. The best news people have left.

• Like 1

The sad thing is that most of the Fox  viewers know nothing about all the damning evidence that has been made public because Fox won't report it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

The sad thing is that most of the Fox  viewers know nothing about all the damning evidence that has been made public because Fox won't report it.

giphy.gif

The problem isn't really Fox itself.  The problem is,,, Fox is very representative of how many Americans think, or don't. 

For the most part, we have been trained to perform tasks.  We have not been taught to how to think.  Even when we see facts, we often do not understand what they mean. 

45 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

The problem isn't really Fox itself.  The problem is,,, Fox is very representative of how many Americans think, or don't. 

For the most part, we have been trained to perform tasks.  We have not been taught to how to think.  Even when we see facts, we often do not understand what they mean. 

“Tasks” are important and completing many require a great amount of thinking. Often facts are skewed or presented in a way that make them difficult to digest. Often they are not presented at all.

Take yourself for example. You offer thoughts and lots of emojis yet rarely back them up with “facts”. Admit that I often do the same using a bit different style. Difference being that you post thoughts and many of us fail to understand what those thoughts mean. Same with the incessant emoji. Jmho Brother ICHY