2024 5*+ WR Cam Coleman FLIPS TO AU FROM A&M!!!

ellitor

On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine: Auburn heavily trending for On3 top-20 prospect Cam Coleman

Cam Coleman Photo by Chad Simmons/On3

Phenix City (Ala.) Central four-star wide receiver Cam Coleman is a fast-rising recruit in the 2024 cycle. He currently holds 20 offers, many of them from top programs in college football. 

Auburn is considered a serious contender for Coleman and the Tigers extended their lead for him on the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine. Following an expert prediction from Keith Niebuhr of Auburn Live, Auburn is trending for the 6-foot-3.5, 185-pound wideout at 93.7%. 

“They’re one of my top schools most definitely,” Coleman told Niebuhr about Auburn on Feb. 26. “Close to home, I love the atmosphere. It feels like home every time I go there.” 

“On coach (Marcus) Davis‘ first day (at Auburn), he introduced himself to me and we’ve been in contact ever since,” he added. “They have a lot of experience with Auburn and across the NFL and college football.” 

Coleman is the No. 89 overall prospect and No. 15 wide receiver in the 2024 cycle, according to the On3 Industry Ranking, a weighted average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies. He is also the No. 5 player in Alabama. 

For more Auburn recruiting intel, check out Auburn Live.

On3 rates Coleman higher than other recruiting services, according to the Industry Comparison. Per the 2024 On300, he is the No. 20 overall prospect, No. 4 wide receiver and No. 2 player in Alabama.

The Alabama native spoke with On3’s Chad Simmons on Feb. 27. They also touched on his interest in Auburn. 

“They got a great coaching staff,” Coleman said. “They got a lot of experience in the coaching room. Coach (Hugh) Freeze, coach (Marcus) Davis, he played at Auburn.” 

Coleman has an On3 NIL Valuation of $101K. The On3 NIL Valuation is the industry’s leading index that sets high school and college athletes’ projected annual value (PAV). The NIL valuation does not act as a tracker of the value of NIL deals an athlete has completed to date. It rather signifies an athlete’s value at a certain moment in time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cam Coleman was the overall MVP at a big camp in Arizona recently.

On3 MVP: Cam Coleman

On300 WR Cam Coleman was On3’s Day 1 top performer and continued to play at a high level during championship Sunday. Coleman led the tournament in receiving touchdowns on consecutive days as arguably the hardest receiver to contain from the start of OT7 West, and that includes facing double teams throughout the day on Sunday.

The top-20 pass-catcher from Phenix City (Ala.) Central dominated 50-50 balls and was a jump-ball king. Coleman was explosive working in the middle of the field picking up large chunks of yards after the catch and showcased his long-striding speed. He’s a fluid route runner with a robust catch radius, and his stock continues to be on the rise after a strong showing in Arizona.

Cam got a big ranking jump on 247 from 189 overall to 21 and is a 5* for that site. He's still a 4* on the consensus but definitely in 5* range, particulary if Rivals gets their a$$ in gear on his ranking. He's a 3* on Rivals ATM.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Would be nice to get a 5* kid from our backyard for once

• Like 1

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Would be nice to get a 5* kid from our backyard for once

Where being a (relatively, by SEC standards) small school bites us in the rear, nowhere outside of city limits that's even a plurality Auburn fans. : /

But yes, time for us to lock down our backyard.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

• Love 2

Edited by toddc
  • Love 3

A 5* receiver??  What are those?  I hope this stays true!

• Love 4

Really need to get his commit then get him recruiting for Auburn. That would give us 3 stud Offensive players both coming to Auburn and recruiting for Auburn. (QB, RB, and WR). 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Really need to get his commit then get him recruiting for Auburn. That would give us 3 stud Offensive players both coming to Auburn and recruiting for Auburn. (QB, RB, and WR). 

If the NIL is right, I have no doubt we will get him. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

There was a tweet going around that he committed but it's fake. 

Yes, I imagine there will be a lot of fake news out there today being April Fool’s Day.  😂

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

There was a tweet going around that he committed but it's fake. 

Don't believe anything you hear today.

31 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Don't believe anything you hear today.

Bird is awesome!

• Love 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Bird is awesome!

27 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

He's just a wonderful bird

Just to let you know...

What you've said today will be quoted for years to come...

• Haha 1

Bird is the original Yella Fella.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Just to let you know...

What you've said today will be quoted for years to come...

What did I say? Don't remember....................

• Haha 3