2024 4* LB Demarcus Riddick Flips to AUBURN!!! (from UGA)

ellitor

Cole Pinkston of AU On3 put a pick in today for Riddick to flip to AU.

Interestingly Bama On3 put a pick in this morning for him to flip to Bama.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Why he planning to flip? He got processed?

@Sizzle Didn't say nor imply he planned to flip. Just that AU & Bama reporters predict he will. He's an in state kid and thus will be hard for UGa to hold on to. They aren't processing an elite LB & top 35 overall prospect in the class. He committed to them before we got our new staff & before Bama offered.

• Like 3

I’d say he’s trying to up that NIL deal…regardless of where he lands. Players gonna play 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

He may graduate early. He's been all UGA for a while but hears from Alabama and Auburn every day. If NIL is matched or beaten then he may want to stay in state. 

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I think we have a chance with Riddick. Time will tell

Yeah. I think it's more likely he ends up with us or Bama than sticks with UGA.

• Like 2

Obviously beating Georgia this year will help but a COMPETITVE game and raucous crowd will do wonders in recruiting especially for a battle like this.

• 1 month later...

Alabama, Auburn pushing hard to flip Georgia 4-star LB commit Demarcus Riddick

Keegan Pope•about 10 hours

(Sam Spiegelman/On3)

Clanton (Ala.) Chilton County four-star linebacker Demarcus Riddick committed to Georgia back in November over a boatload of other offers, including in-state Alabama and Auburn. 

Since then, the Tigers have fired head coach Bryan Harsin and brought in Hugh Freeze, whose staff has made flipping Riddick a top priority. 

But the Crimson Tide haven’t given any ground either. Riddick visited both in-state schools this spring, and he’ll be at Auburn this weekend for an official visit and Alabama next weekend for one there. Riddick took an official visit to Georgia this past weekend, but momentum is pointing toward one of the two programs in Yellowhammer State flipping him, according to BamaOnLine insider Tim Watts. 

“Georgia did a good job and offered him early, got him committed pretty quick and he was there this weekend for his official visit,” Watts said on the On3 Roundtable earlier this week. “But Alabama is in it heavily, Auburn is in it to some degree as far as I know right now. I know there’s some optimism around Auburn. But I think in this stage, he’s probably more likely of the two to flip to somebody.

… I know the parents were thinking stay a little bit closer to home. He’s from Chilton Country, so obviously Alabama and Auburn are close to home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Like 2

It seems to me that when kids are already “committed”, and then schedule a final decision announcement, 9 times out of 10 it’s a flip.    Hoping Riddick flips to the good guys!!!

• Like 2

This is HUGE. July 26th may be the biggest day for recruiting. I know he is only one kid, albeit a 5* from our state. But this a big test of our standing as compared to the giants of College Football. I would imagine UGA and UAT think it's a two team fight, but if CHF and staff pull off this upset, it would shock the SEC football world. Of course, something could happen in the next 3 1/2 weeks that could relegate 7/26 to just another day. 😄

51 minutes ago, autan said:

This is HUGE. July 26th may be the biggest day for recruiting. I know he is only one kid, albeit a 5* from our state. But this a big test of our standing as compared to the giants of College Football. I would imagine UGA and UAT think it's a two team fight, but if CHF and staff pull off this upset, it would shock the SEC football world. Of course, something could happen in the next 3 1/2 weeks that could relegate 7/26 to just another day. 😄

Like a trip to the beach arranged by Peaches?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, autan said:

I would imagine UGA and UAT think it's a two team fight,

@autan Nope! Both are very much aware this is a 3 team battle & AU is a real threat. If anything, UGa the school he is committed too, is believed to be running 3rd right now.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@autan Nope! Both are very much aware this is a 3 team battle & AU is a real threat. If anything, UGa the school he is committed too, is believed to be running 3rd right now.

Whos on 1st?

Edited by NWALA Tiger

28 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Whos on 1st?

AU & Bama are confident. When that happens Bama usually wins.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

I one hundred percent agree with your assessment as usual. Coaches at UGA and UAT are well aware of Freeze and Auburn threat. I was thinking more of the arrogant fan base of both those rivals schools that don't have proper respect for Auburn. How could that happen? They would think we cheated somehow and probably demand an investigation. I know the Phillips commit put a little dent in the UGA armor. But an actual flip from a 5* might get attention from higher ups. Also the Bolden sweepstakes on Sep.29/ 30 could be interesting as well, if we can hold off his commitment that long. I know it's entertaining, but I just don't see a Thompson flip. Bama just doesn't lose a flip, unless he is processed and that obviously won't happen, no matter how much he flirts with Auburn, maybe teases is the better term.

• ellitor changed the title to 2024 5* LB Demarcus Riddick (UGA commit)