Men vs Iowa in NCAA Tournament

KansasTiger

Just now, TigerPAC said:

At least it is in Bham.  

Cannot figure out how that's fair. Also seems unfair that 1 seed Houston might have to play us in BHam. Go figure that.

• Haha 1

Well we basically got 2 home games to get to the Sweet 16. Gotta take advantage of that... Don't know much about Iowa, but don't see them having a whole bunch of fans on Thursday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Anybody know what session we are in, trying to get tickets but need to know the game time / session.

2 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Anybody know what session we are in, trying to get tickets but need to know the game time / session.

Buy ALL the tickets guys...lol. we need to rock the BJCC. Is it still the BJCC? I haven't lived in Bham in 15 years.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KansasTiger said:

Buy ALL the tickets guys...lol. we need to rock the BJCC. Is it still the BJCC? I haven't lived in Bham in 15 years.

Yes- BJCC

The regional is BRUTAL. But to open things we get to play in Birmingham, which is fantastic. If we can squeak by Iowa, we'll get Houston that may be missing one of their top starters. We really can get to S16 but that's a big IF we can shoot better and defend against Iowa's high-octane offense.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, AU Is Gold said:

What session are we in?

I'm trying to find out as well.

There are 3 TOUGH 8/9 seed vs 1 seed matchups. Houston maybe playing us as a practical home game, Arkansas or Illinois vs KU, and Memphis vs Purdue. One of those 1 seeds is going to lose.

• Like 2

Just now, KansasTiger said:

There are 3 TOUGH 8/9 seed vs 1 seed matchups. Houston maybe playing us as a practical home game, Arkansas or Illinois vs KU, and Memphis vs Purdue. One of those 1 seeds is going to lose.

I'll caveat by saying I am not overly confident in our chances still. Just hopeful the location can pull a few things in our favor.

I brought this up in another thread when it was mentioned who wanted to go across country and watch the team underperform.  I. mentioned they could possibly end up in Bham. Couldn’t ask for a better situation outside of playing an actual home game. Hoping the guys are ready to go. War Eagle

• Like 3

Best situation we could possibly ask for. Iowa is an ugly team, and I would assume/hope we get the favorable whistle. We can even go today and go practice on that atrocious arena’s rims and get some more time than Iowa or Houston can. 

also got the easiest 1 seed with Marcus Sasser out. Houston drops from being arguably the best 1 seed to being closer to a 3 seed imo without him 

• Like 1

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Best situation we could possibly ask for. Iowa is an ugly team, and I would assume/hope we get the favorable whistle. We can even go today and go practice on that atrocious arena’s rims and get some more time than Iowa or Houston can. 

also got the easiest 1 seed with Marcus Sasser out. Houston drops from being arguably the best 1 seed to being closer to a 3 seed imo without him 

Is it confirmed he will be out? I thought i saw he warmed up with the team but didn't play.

2 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Is it confirmed he will be out? I thought i saw he warmed up with the team but didn't play.

he seems confident he’ll play. A groin pull is something that lingers quite a bit, and we’ll have the “advantage” of playing him after he’ll have to test it in round 1.

I hope the kid is perfectly fine morally speaking, but this isn’t a team that would be the best we’ve played by any means if he can’t give 100%. 

• Like 1

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

I'm confused.. Is Legacy Arena and BJCC the same place? Ashamed to say I live 2hrs away and don't know

Yes it’s the same 

• Like 1

Committee was very, VERY kind to us...could not have asked for anything better. Have to take advantage now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmywde said:

Anybody figure what session we play?

My guess would be noon. They will put Bummer in the prime time spot since they are overall number 1. I figure Houston would get the later of the two early spots since they are also a top seed