Men vs Iowa in NCAA Tournament

KansasTiger

57 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Buy ALL the tickets guys...lol. we need to rock the BJCC. Is it still the BJCC? I haven't lived in Bham in 15 years.

Yes it's at the BJCC. It's named Legacy Arena now. 

1 hour ago, fishepa said:

Anybody know what session we are in, trying to get tickets but need to know the game time / session.

It's been confirmed that we'll be playing on Thursday, March 16 but they haven't announce the game time yet.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

I'll caveat by saying I am not overly confident in our chances still. Just hopeful the location can pull a few things in our favor.

Whenever we have a really good team that wins the SEC regular season title, we never get past the 2nd round. The Final Four team had 9 losses during the regular season and finished 4th in the SEC regular season standings. So I'm hoping this years team can make a little run and hopefully get past the first weekend. WDE

Playing in Birmingham helps a lot, but this region is tough.

Times are up.  6:50 for Auburn

• Thanks 1

Love it.  Can watch Auburn and UL Louisiana the same evening right after each other.  (I used to live in Lafayette) 

I bet we struggle more with Iowa than Houston. If we beat Iowa, we beat Houston.  That's my bold prediction. I think being in Bham helps.  Also if Bama faces Arizona or Baylor, they don't make Final 4. Would love for Virginia or Miami to beat them though just for the haha moment we got teased for. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I bet we struggle more with Iowa than Houston. If we beat Iowa, we beat Houston.  That's my bold prediction. I think being in Bham helps.  Also if Bama faces Arizona or Baylor, they don't make Final 4. Would love for Virginia or Miami to beat them though just for the haha moment we got teased for. 

Having to choke down Big 12 basketball living in Kansas, I can say that Baylor has some issues. They are in a tailspin to end the season. I wouldn't even pick them to get to Bama.

• Like 2

Not gonna be surprised if CBP somehow gets us to the Sweet 16.  He is capable.

• Like 2

I like starting out in Bham.

Can't figure out why Iowa is an 8 seed and Auburn a 9 seed. I'm not complaining about the draw, given how bad we've played in recent weeks. I'm just confused about the Iowa seeding.

And apparently, Iowa is favored over Auburn in this game. Okay, why?

Edited by AURex

If they could just hit some shots in the clutch they could go somewhere in the tournament.  Same way they could have beaten Bammer on their home court, Arky the other day and numerous other losses this year.  Woulda, coulda shoulda.  I hope something changes but I will have to se it to believe it.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, AURex said:

I like starting out in Bham.

Can't figure out why Iowa is an 8 seed and Auburn a 9 seed. I'm not complaining about the draw, given how bad we've played in recent weeks. I'm just confused about the Iowa seeding.

In the end I'm not sure it matters between the 8 or 9 seed. I'd almost rather be a high 9 then a low 8 to garauntee a better 1 seed draw. Before the bracket reveal, I would have rather been a 10 seed to try and get a 2 seed in the rd of 32.  But with how the draw came out, I think I'd rather play Houston than any of the 2 seeds. It's a favorable draw, but we have to execute, or all the favorable draws in the world won't help us.

• Like 1

• ellitor changed the title to 9 Seed AU Gets 8 Seed Iowa in NCAA Tourney
1 hour ago, WillMunny said:

Not gonna be surprised if CBP somehow gets us to the Sweet 16.  He is capable.

Honestly, when rolling through the bracket, it gets more favorable from there.  Obviously Miami showed what they can do to us, but I think we would have a good plan for them this time around.  Indiana had some time in the sun but if we get to them with that momentum of beating 1 seed, I can see us continuing.  If we get to sweet 16, i think we would believe in ourselves a bit and get on a roll. 

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Honestly, when rolling through the bracket, it gets more favorable from there.  Obviously Miami showed what they can do to us, but I think we would have a good plan for them this time around.  Indiana had some time in the sun but if we get to them with that momentum of beating 1 seed, I can see us continuing.  If we get to sweet 16, i think we would believe in ourselves a bit and get on a roll. 

Whoa deep breaths. Let's just get past Iowa. SEC tourney started and people were getting all excited about facing A&M without giving Arkansas too much thought. That Iowa game is going to be tough, Bham aside.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KansasTiger said:

Whoa deep breaths. Let's just get past Iowa. SEC tourney started and people were getting all excited about facing A&M without giving Arkansas too much thought. That Iowa game is going to be tough, Bham aside.

Oh I agree.

Just thoughts after filling out a bracket.  I think this first one is the one that is most concerning.

Edited by AUBwins

All things considered, a decent draw … pretty low expectations tbh though after seeing the season unfold the way it has.

• Like 6