Men vs Iowa in NCAA Tournament

KansasTiger

We should get this win. Auburn has no excuses playing in our backyard.. Couldn't ask for a better first round match considering the circumstances

26 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Right? Good lord, we're so passive

But let me catch myself. I want to be super positive going into the game! All positive! We are going to come out with something new or something we haven't seen before. I know Bruce has a plan to surprise them and have our next opponent thinking!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

We should get this win. Auburn has no excuses playing in our backyard.. Couldn't ask for a better first round match considering the circumstances

Well, except Iowa is a higher ranked team, a higher seed in the tourney, and odds favored.

Do I *want* Auburn to win? Yes, of course. But as to "no excuses" well excuse me.

Edited by AURex
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

The refs are going to screw us as bad as they did that night.

Making two baskets (one three) and two free throws in the last 11 minutes of the game is doomed failure.    

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AURex said:

Well, except Iowa is a higher ranked team, a higher seed in the tourney, and odds favored.

Do I *want* Auburn to win? Yes, of course. But as to "no excuses" well excuse me.

Maybe. But we got them right where we want them.

• WarTiger changed the title to Men vs Iowa in NCAA Tournament
19 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

History has suggested BP is more a feast or famine March coach. When he has a good team, or a hot team more aptly, his teams excel in march. When the opposite is true, they tend to fall flat rather than overproduce results. This team? I'd tend to lean toward the latter, as we've had a mostly disappointing season with sub-par guard play, we lost first game in the SEC tourney, and ended the entire last month losing way more than winning. I know everyone WANTS this to be some great reset, and maybe Iowa is having similar problems and we can still pull it out, but I find your last sentence to be a bit misleading in regards to this team. Like somehow we aren't ALSO in a late season funk. We very obviously are.

Well I certainly dont want to post misleading guesses, my apologies.

On 3/15/2023 at 8:23 AM, woodford said:

I'm doing that stupid thing where I'm drinking the kool-aid and thinking my initial analysis of Auburn basketball was too harsh. Somebody stop me because now I think they win tomorrow.

They have tall guards and shoot the 3 well.   They have very good offensive efficiency numbers.   That’s not good for us at all!!!    You’re welcome.   😁

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, cole256 said:

But let me catch myself. I want to be super positive going into the game! All positive! We are going to come out with something new or something we haven't seen before. I know Bruce has a plan to surprise them and have our next opponent thinking!

I like this positive vibe going into the game!!!   Hoping for the best!🤞

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cole256 said:

About to see Tournament Bruce!!!

• Like 1

On 3/12/2023 at 6:42 PM, KansasTiger said:

I'll caveat by saying I am not overly confident in our chances still. Just hopeful the location can pull a few things in our favor.

I have to agree unfortunately. I have heard a quite a few expecting us 1 and done. Need the guards to play their best games all year in this tourney just to have a chance. Being in BHAM is the good part. 

Great Win!

Auburn defense won this game. But we gotta recognize the guys who came through. My offensive player of the game ---

Donaldson. He made all 3 of his shots -- all 3 were 3 pointers. Plus he made both of his free throws.

• Like 1

Great win. Like I said earlier in the thread there was too much merit in the KenPom for a team that lost more than Auburn. Auburn is playing with house money just have to control  the tempo.