Great White Orange Beach

• 2 weeks later...

whites don't even usually grace themselves in the gulf of mexico, let alone few hundred yards off shore from OB!  kinda scary for me---the one who drives boat while my bro in law and his buddy go scuba diving all just out perdido pass and pensacola.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

whites don't even usually grace themselves in the gulf of mexico, let alone few hundred yards off shore from OB!  kinda scary for me---the one who drives boat while my bro in law and his buddy go scuba diving all just out perdido pass and pensacola.  

There are a lot of sharks along Gulf Shores.  I've seen them from our condo and saw a big one while scuba diving under the Alabama Point bridge.  One night while snorkeling at Gulf Shores and sticking flounders, one of my friends had one swim up behind him and grab his stringer with six or seven flounders on it.  He was pulled towards deeper water as he was trying to get loose.  It's amazing how loud a man can scream under water.

Oh yeah, there are lots of sharks but great whites, nearly unheard of in these waters as you know.   Safe diving to you.    I’ll stick to captaining my bro in law WorldCat and fishing on non-diving trips. 

• Like 1