here comes the Hunter Biden investigation clusterf*ck

aubiefifty

42 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Funny how that works and the hypocrisy of that comment. Do you realize how many times you have called someone a liar in this one thread without credible proof?

Yet no one credibly challenges, just whines.

I will call out lies.

• Haha 1

On 3/20/2023 at 7:57 PM, jj3jordan said:

You did not call out a lie. Just the usual 2nd grade insult. There is nothing to dispute. China is getting a pass on climate change from Joe. They have him by the short hairs. He is helpless. 

How is China "getting a pass"?  What do you mean?  

To say they are getting a pass from the U.S. ("Joe") is extremely hypocritical. The U.S. emits more than twice what China does per capita. 

Maybe they could do more, but we are hardly in a position to hold ourselves up as an example to follow.

19 hours ago, aubaseball said:

Because it’s only one of the most corrupt countries in the world.    

A historically corrupt country that is fighting for the right to become more democratic and thus, less corrupt - their goal is to join the EU.

As opposed to Russia.......

It is clearly in our interest to support Ukraine and their effort to ultimately join the EU.

Edited by homersapien

53 minutes ago, homersapien said:

How is China "getting a pass"?  What do you mean?  

To say they are getting a pass from the U.S. ("Joe") is extremely hypocritical. The U.S. emits more than twice what China does per capita. 

Maybe they could do more, but we are hardly in a position to hold ourselves up as an example to follow.

They don’t have to even pretend to reduce emissions til what 2035? I don’t know what it is but it is not now. Per capita comparisons don’t work with China with 1.5 B+ vs 300 M but you know that. Any interest China has in environmental technology is strictly so they can SELL IT TO US. Not save the planet. Their air is horrible. I’ve been there many times. Not clean at all. Faking it to get a pass that Biden can’t not grant given his indentured status with them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

Keep in mind that the only fair way to evaluate and compare countries greenhouse emissions "performance" is to normalize the data - i.e.:  use the per capita values.

Still puts us behind Canada and Saudi Arabia. I was pleasantly shocked by that.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Still puts us behind Canada and Saudi Arabia. I was pleasantly shocked by that.

Don't forget about the Australians!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

A historically corrupt country that is fighting for the right to become more democratic and thus, less corrupt - their goal is to join the EU.

As opposed to Russia.......

It is clearly in our interest to support Ukraine and their effort to ultimately join the EU.

Why is it in our interest to continue to support them at all costs without any safeguards as how the money given to them is being spent in the right way?  The USA isn’t in the EU.   Why isn’t the EU taking control of the situation?  

6 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

They don’t have to even pretend to reduce emissions til what 2035? I don’t know what it is but it is not now. Per capita comparisons don’t work with China with 1.5 B+ vs 300 M but you know that. Any interest China has in environmental technology is strictly so they can SELL IT TO US. Not save the planet. Their air is horrible. I’ve been there many times. Not clean at all. Faking it to get a pass that Biden can’t not grant given his indentured status with them.

You are lying again. 

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2211366-china-is-on-track-to-meet-its-climate-change-goals-nine-years-early/

https://www.reuters.com/business/cop/china-cabinet-issues-action-plan-reach-carbon-emission-peak-before-2030-2021-10-26/

Furthermore, you have no evidence that Joe Biden is in anyway "indentured" to the Chinese.  All we have at the moment is innuendo. 

• Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Per capita comparisons don’t work with China with 1.5 B+ vs 300 M but you know that. 

Per capita is actually the only way to compare the 2 with that drastic difference in population. How would you compare them if per capita doesnt apply?

10 minutes ago, arein0 said:

Per capita is actually the only way to compare the 2 with that drastic difference in population. How would you compare them if per capita doesnt apply?

Because of the billion Chinese that live in squalor and work in sweatshops. Our level of affluence skews the curve for poverty level because ours live a life that is well above the life of a Chinese peasant worker. Simply put they don’t consume like even low level Americans. Using all of them measure output and consumption is just not valid. Did you even read your own article? Chine is forecast to peak CO2 emissions 5-9 years early. It does not mention ramping down early. And it also says they did not measure many of their smaller cities which in China are actually kind of big in comparison to ours. Don’t buy this Chinese propaganda. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Because of the billion Chinese that live in squalor and work in sweatshops. Our level of affluence skews the curve for poverty level because ours live a life that is well above the life of a Chinese peasant worker. Simply put they don’t consume like even low level Americans. Using all of them measure output and consumption is just not valid. Did you even read your own article? Chine is forecast to peak CO2 emissions 5-9 years early. It does not mention ramping down early. And it also says they did not measure many of their smaller cities which in China are actually kind of big in comparison to ours. Don’t buy this Chinese propaganda. 

No, I didn't read the article. I only looked at the data that DKW posted and responded to your claim that per capita isnt a valid comparison. Out of the measures that were listed, the only metric that can be used to compare countries is per capita as that normalizes the emissions output per person. Again I ask, if we can't use per capita for comparison sake, which metric should we look at instead?

9 hours ago, homersapien said:

How has Biden "projected weakness"?

By being a bungling, weak person. I would call him a bungling weak leader but he doesn't deserve the term leader.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Mikey said:

By being a bungling, weak person. I would call him a bungling weak leader but he doesn't deserve the term leader.

Yeah, well, that's just your (obviously partisan) opinion.  :rolleyes:

I think Biden's leadership in organizing and leading the response of Putin's invasion of Ukraine was a clear "shot across the bow" of China's expansionist aims. 

That's hardly weak leadership.  Especially compared to the former guy who threatened to depart NATO.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

17 hours ago, homersapien said:

That's hardly weak leadership.  Especially compared to the former guy who threatened to depart NATO.

The former guy threatened to depart NATO because some other nations weren't paying their fair share. Biden wouldn't have had the guts to do that, they'd have simply laughed at him because they know he's a wimp.

• Dislike 1