March Madness 2023 - All other games talk

AUBwins

Let's leave this in main basketball forum for tourney viewing.  This is for chatting about all the action.  Our boy Devan Cambridge made it to the big field with impressive win by ASU. Sun Devils got a winnable game against TCU next.  I may change some picks before it locks. 

WV and Maryland kick it off in Birmingham.  Mountaineers starting off hot with 11-4 lead.  Oh my what a block by Maryland LOL

I have a lot of WV stock in the brackets.  I think I only picked Maryland in 1 bracket to mix it up a bit.  WV will provide best shot to beat Bama until Elite 8 IMO

Maryland has flipped a switch!!! Came from 16-4 down to a 22-21 lead.  Madness!!

Tight game with Virginia and Furman after VA went 8-0 to start.

Maryland leads by 2 at half.

2 point game all of a sudden with VA and Furman

Maryland pulls it out.  The OOB call was big.  I thought there was enough to show WV never touched the ball (he fouled if anything). Definitely was WV heavy for game 1.  I think I had them upsetting Bama in one of the brackets.

I love March!!!!!!!   No double dribble this year!!!!  Bye Cavs!

• Love 3
  • Haha 1

I still harbor acute bitterness toward UVA, so seeing them melt down at the end of a game doesn't hurt my feelings one bit.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

UVA spits the bit 5 years to the day after being the first men's 1-seed to lose to a 16...beware the day after the Ides of March if you're Virginia.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, gravejd said:

How the hell did Virginia lose that game? I stopped watching cause i thought they had it lol

Up 2 VA dude got trapped in corner, and for some reason just heaved the ball down the court. Furman intercepted pass, 2 dribbles, passed to guy on the deep wing and drained the 3 with 2 seconds left lol. 

• Love 1

Bama is soo much bigger/longer than TACC.  Just driving and crashing boards for tip ins. TACC gonna have to shoot the lights out.  Holding to 7 point deficit at the moment

At least Mizzou came through.  Think I picked them in all brackets.

Bama starting to run away with it already.  

Bama 8/12 on 3s.  and 60% overall.  That will do it.

26 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Bama starting to run away with it already.  

Draining 3's by several players now and "Killa Dilla Brandon Milla" hasn't scored a single point, lol.

Mark Sears is showing out.  😪

Edited by JerryAU

16 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Let's leave this in main basketball forum for tourney viewing.  This is for chatting about all the action.  Our boy Devan Cambridge made it to the big field with impressive win by ASU. Sun Devils got a winnable game against TCU next.  I may change some picks before it locks. 

Thanks for starting the thread. 🍻

• Like 1

My goodness.  Bama so freaking lucky 😆  Arizona will bust a bunch of mine

Not much left to beat Bama in their region.  Hope Baylor turns it on.  But obviously anyone can win in March.  Princeton beats Arizona. 

• Like 1