March Madness 2023 - All other games talk

AUBwins

Go Northwestern! I want the teams Auburn played to do well.  

These boys will hustle though!! True blue collar basketball there.  Marlin is a good coach

So Sasser having issues with the groin injury?  Could be interesting if he puts himself out Saturday. 

31 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

So Sasser having issues with the groin injury?  Could be interesting if he puts himself out Saturday. 

He has to play now, there is no time for rest/rehap once march madness starts.  I'm sure the playing time tonight will not help him come time to play the good guys.

Very surprised A&M is not playing well tonight.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 81spacetiger said:

This would make me 2 for 2 on teams I felt strongly that would be primed up for a big run and lose.  TAMU would bust 1 bracket and destroy a good bit of the others. Arizona hit me hard earlier. 

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

He has to play now, there is no time for rest/rehap once march madness starts.  I'm sure the playing time tonight will not help him come time to play the good guys.

10 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Watching this Houston v NorthernKY game.  Neither of these teams look all that good.  Lots of sloppy play.  I hope we play Saturday like we played today.  

Even UT struggled a bit.  UL really gave it their all.  

11 minutes ago, 81spacetiger said:

Even UT struggled a bit.  UL really gave it their all.  

UT really missed their facilitator PG

FDU was the team that got in over a blown call in their championship game I believe.  Refs admitted mistake but result stood.  Now they pull biggest upset 

• Like 2

Just now, AUwent said:

Fun to see but I kinda wanted as many teams as possible that could beat the Turds.

Bama will lose to the Baylor/Creighton winner.

• Like 2

That 3 at the end by FDU is as iconic as the Jordan push off of Russell.  😆Held the pose until it went through.  Just straight called it. 

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Bama will lose to the Baylor/Creighton winner.

Wishful thinking. Somehow every single highly ranked team in their side of the bracket loses.  It’s unbelievable.  

2 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Wishful thinking. Somehow every single highly ranked team in their side of the bracket loses.  It’s unbelievable.  

So the trend dictates that they should also.

• Love 2

So, now refs will screw Auburn in their national semifinal matchup with Purdue next year.  That’s how this works, right?  

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

How did Drake lose it in the end? 

Miami started to full court press them. They then couldn't hit any shots. Went on a 16-4 run. 

• Thanks 1

The pressure of being a top seed is real. These other teams have nothing to lose and are giving these higher seeds everything they can. 

I was beginning to think that today would not present as many upsets as yesterday, but then ......

11 seed Pitt upsets 6 seed Iowa State, and then the big one

16 seed Farleigh Dickenson upsets 1 seed Purdue

I'm hoping the upsets continue tomorrow with Arkansas upsetting Kansas, Maryland upsetting Bama, and of course Auburn upsetting Houston. 

Edited by AURex
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

I know it doesn't go here but this is just cold by Jabari.  

GW tonight.

• Like 2