March Madness 2023 - All other games talk

AUBwins

Tennessee showed something today.  I thought they would make a run, but then lost their PG. But they doing it anyways.  Watch out. 

Edited by AUBwins

Kansas goes down!!! 2nd 1 seed to fall.  Could we see all 4 fall this weekend? 😉

And Princeton is this year's Cinderella!! 15 seed to sweet 16

Not Marquette  ... noooooooooo! I really liked them going a long way. 

NCAA tournament 2023 Sweet 16 complete schedule, tip-off times, TV channel

Published: Mar. 20, 2023, 8:18 a.m.
~2 minutes

Xavier vs, Pitt

Xavier forward Jack Nunge scores against Pittsburgh forward Guillermo Diaz Graham during the second half of a second-round college basketball game in the NCAA Tournament on Sunday, March 19, 2023, in Greensboro, N.C. (AP Photo/Chris Carlson)AP

The 2023 NCAA basketball tournament continues on Thursday, March 23, and Friday, March 24, with the beginning of Sweet 16 action at various sites around the country.

There are four games set for each day, with the winners advancing to the Elite Eight round Saturday, March 25, and Sunday, March 26. After Sunday’s games, the Final Four will be set.

Here’s the complete 2023 NCAA tournament Sweet 16 round schedule, with tip-off times and TV information (all times Central):

Thursday, March 23

East Region

At Madison Square Garden, New York

No. 3 Kansas State (25-9) vs. No. 7 Michigan State (21-12), 5:30 p.m., TBS

No. 4 Tennessee (25-10) vs. No. 9 Florida Atlantic (33-3), 8 p.m., TBS

West Region

At T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas

No. 4 Connecticut (27-8) vs. No. 8 Arkansas (22-13), 6:15 p.m., CBS

No. 2 UCLA (31-5) vs. No. 3 Gonzaga (30-5), 8:45 p.m., CBS

Friday, March 24

South Region

At KFC Yum! Center, Louisville, Ky.

No. 1 Alabama (31-5) vs. No. 5 San Diego State (29-6), 5:30 p.m., TBS

No. 6 Creighton (23-12) vs. No. 15 Princeton (23-8), 8 p.m., TBS

Midwest Region

At T-Mobile Center, Kansas City

No. 1 Houston (33-3) vs. No. 5 Miami (27-7), 6:15 p.m., CBS

No. 2 Texas (28-8) vs. No. 3 Xavier (27-9), 8:45 p.m., CBS

All NCAA tournament games are available via live stream at NCAA March Madness Live.

If you purchase a product or register for an account through one of the links on our site, we may receive compensation.

On 3/18/2023 at 4:07 PM, e808 said:

Did the SEC have a down year

@e808 Nope. 8 SEC teams made the NCAA Tourney. There were years not long ago where we only got 3 in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, Gonzaga avoids a repeat of their 2006 choke job against UCLA, but just barely...I bet Adam Morrison was having some bad flashbacks watching that courtside. 

Anyone who likes to claim our guards are too small to compete should go watch what Markquis Nowell did against Michigan State last night. 5'8" and just scored 20 points with 19 assists and only 2 turnovers.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, BigSammyK said:

Anyone who likes to claim our guards are too small to compete should go watch what Markquis Nowell did against Michigan State last night. 5'8" and just scored 20 points with 19 assists and only 2 turnovers.

It's not just the fact that are small. They can't shoot either

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

It's not just the fact that are small. They can't shoot either

The main 1 in question can shoot. Just shows poor shot selection sometimes.

That Michigan state Kansas state game last night was amazing. Big shot after big shot and both teams playing great. Individual heroics. Best game I saw all season. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ellitor said:

The main 1 in question can shoot. Just shows poor shot selection sometimes.

Ones as bad as the other. No good for a good shooter to have bad shot selection 

28 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Ones as bad as the other. No good for a good shooter to have bad shot selection 

WGJ is unquestionably a better shooter than Zep. Just has poor shot selection at times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

WGJ is unquestionably a better shooter than Zep. Just has poor shot selection at times.

Incorrect. Zep shoots 40 % from 3... He just don't shoot alot.WGJ is in the 30s %. At least Pre AU Zep did

Edited by NWALA Tiger

18 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Zep shoots 40 % from 3.

Not since his freshman year in a lower level conference. Zep shot 28% this year, WGJ also an awful 29%. Zep was taking better shots but missing them. Had WG shown better shot selection like Zep does he would have been in the 30%s easy.

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not since his freshman year in a lower level conference. Zep shot 28% this year, WGJ also an awful 29%. Zep was taking better shots but missing them. Had WG shown better shot selection like Zep does he would have been in the 30%s easy.

I'm not gonna argue back and forth. AU needs shooters. I'm talking 2 guard shooters who can put the ball in the hole. When your PG is constantly shooting Logo 3s and missing most of them,  it's a problem. If it's a shot selection issue, that's on BP to pull him and sit him on the bench.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I'm not gonna argue back and forth. AU needs shooters. I'm talking 2 guard shooters who can put the ball in the hole. When your PG is constantly shooting Logo 3s and missing most of them,  it's a problem. If it's a shot selection issue, that's on BP to pull him and sit him on the bench.

It was't an arguement, just a civil discussion.

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I still wonder to this day why BP chooses not to actually reign in players. WG, Flan, and KD have been taking horrible shots and making horrible decisions with the ball for two years and not only do we not see any evidence that BP is coaching them to correct that, but we actually see the opposite. BP essentially saying he let's players play on offense. I recall an interview with Zep where he said BP doesn't emphasize shot selection barely at all in practice (which I guess shouldnt shock me by seeing the shots we often choose to take in game). But Why???

Edited by KansasTiger