Discussion: Trump’s supposed pending arrest. How do conservatives react?

Didba

I posted the article in the smack talk thread but I was interested in starting a discussion on how different sects of conservatives will react since Trump is calling for protests similar to Jan. 6th. 

I think some conservatives will say good riddance and throw weight behind DeSantis. Others will probably be protesting like Trump requested. 

thoughts?

19 minutes ago, Didba said:

I posted the article in the smack talk thread but I was interested in starting a discussion on how different sects of conservatives will react since Trump is calling for protests similar to Jan. 6th. 

I think some conservatives will say good riddance and throw weight behind DeSantis. Others will probably be protesting like Trump requested. 

thoughts?

True conservatives never supported Trump. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

What does conservative mean?

4238C4B0-EF62-430A-A3C4-8A78342FAC4C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

I will react by voting for Trump if he's the Republican nominee. The Democrats give we conservatives no choice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

34 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I will react by voting for Trump if he's the Republican nominee. The Democrats give we conservatives no choice.

Not true. The democrats gave conservatives like yourself no choice but not all conservatives saw it your way.

My Dad is conservative. Voted for Trump in 2016, and Biden in 2020. First time in his life to vote democrat. 

He told me he’d vote Biden in and then vote him out in 2024 but he refused to vote for Trump ever again. My Mother was the same way. They are in their 60s. 

Edited by Didba
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Didba said:

thoughts?

We will probably see mostly peaceful riots where conservatives burn and loot across the nation. Strictly after 5PM local time though.

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 2

19 hours ago, PUB78 said:

4238C4B0-EF62-430A-A3C4-8A78342FAC4C.jpeg

I am afraid you misunderstood.  I was looking for a serious answer.

Or,,, does "conservative" now mean,,, far right wing extremists? 

You realize, far right wing extremists are typically fascists?

Edited by icanthearyou
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Didba said:

Not true. The democrats gave conservatives like yourself no choice but not all conservatives saw it your way.

It's rare for all of any group to see things the same way. People looked at Trump, didn't like what they saw and refused to consider the disaster that electing Joe & the Ho would be. "There's a limit to how much damage can be done in four years". Whatever that limit is, there clearly has been a gracious plenty of disaster so far and they've got almost two years left to do even more damage.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mims44 said:

We will probably see mostly peaceful riots where conservatives burn and loot across the nation. Strictly after 5PM local time though.

Naw, that will be the liberals celebrating if Trump is arrested.🔥

4 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

I am afraid you misunderstood.  I was looking for a serious answer.

Or,,, does "conservative" now mean,,, far right wing extremists? 

You realize, far right wing extremists are typically fascists?

Now Icky. There you go again using that term Fascists. You consider all conservatives as such?

Should conservatives consider all liberals as lunatics and call them as such?

12 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

You consider all conservatives as such?

I'm still looking for a definition of what conservative means,,, politically.

You defined the term as "far right extremists".  If you are correct then,,, yes, fascists would be correct whether wittingly or unwittingly.

2 hours ago, PUB78 said:

Should conservatives consider all liberals as lunatics and call them as such?

If we did all we'd be doing is the same thing the lefties here routinely do, just on the flip-side..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mims44 said:

Thanks for letting me know. 

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

It's rare for all of any group to see things the same way. People looked at Trump, didn't like what they saw and refused to consider the disaster that electing Joe & the Ho would be. "There's a limit to how much damage can be done in four years". Whatever that limit is, there clearly has been a gracious plenty of disaster so far and they've got almost two years left to do even more damage.

I’ll agree with your first sentence and apply it’s substance to the last sentence! Thanks for the reasonable, relatively serious response. 

5 hours ago, PUB78 said:

Naw, that will be the liberals celebrating if Trump is arrested.🔥

Boooooooo, get off the staaaaage! 😉

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mikey said:

If we did all we'd be doing is the same thing the lefties here routinely do, just on the flip-side..

I think there are people on the left and the right that claim everyone on the other side is a lunatic/fascist/commie or whatever their particular flavor of insult is. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Didba said:

I think there are people on the left and the right that claim everyone on the other side is a lunatic/fascist/commie or whatever their particular flavor of insult is. 

Loony Lefty works best for me. I have a sibling that falls right into that category. She's "crazy as an outhouse rat".

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Amen.

17 minutes ago, Didba said:

Indeed! The vast majority of us on this board have much more in common than we do in differences.

On 3/19/2023 at 6:07 PM, Mikey said:

Loony Lefty works best for me. I have a sibling that falls right into that category. She's "crazy as an outhouse rat".

I just call my aunt, a religious nut because that’s what she is. The number of crazy snake oil type stuff I’ve had to warn my mom about because her sister told her it was “healthy” is insane. 

she had my mom about to nebulize hydrogen peroxide to “protect from Covid”. Had to send my mom several articles from hospitals about the dangers of inhaling peroxide. 

my aunt got it from some Dr. Ox wannabe quack. 

• Facepalm 1

On 3/18/2023 at 11:58 AM, Didba said:

thoughts?

not nice ones..............lol. oh i love trump. you heard it here first.

On 3/19/2023 at 6:21 PM, PUB78 said:

Indeed! The vast majority of us on this board have much more in common than we do in differences.

if it makes you boys feel better you can call me a lunatic................

On 3/19/2023 at 6:07 PM, Mikey said:

call me anything you want just do not call me late for supper. and i hope you can grill................