Men vs Houston NCAA Tournament RD2 Game Thread

Maverick.AU

Just now, e808 said:

Based on my little self made matrix we need to close the gap either in free throws or rebounds

We've missed enough free throws to be up double digits. 

Houston has missed a few themselves though. 

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

One of the best coaching jobs I’ve ever seen in CBB. 

And I just realized that we are running our offense on the opposite side of our bench this half. Next half, we'll be on our bench's side. It certainly matters. We need to keep on the gas but Bruce is calling one hell of a game so far. 

• Like 5

Just now, Eagle-1 said:

Best half of basketball all year sports fans

Let's make it the best 3 weeks!

I want to see Wendell in the first 3 minutes.....then put Tre in at the 17 mark. Let him bang up Sasser and Shead a little and draw some fouls. Make it happen Bruce. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I sure would like to have those 5 missed free throws right now. 

I'm good with the trade off of Houston missing their front end 1 and 1s lol.  But make them all from here out 😄 

• Haha 1

We really need to win the first 3 minutes or at least status quo

• Like 1

So pumped.  We are taking what Houston gives us and playing so freaking smart and poised on offense, making enough threes to keep them honest and out on the guards.  That's giving us lanes to drive.  Taking advantage of the over commit.  Then ferocious guard play way out in back court.  Stepping above the screens and causing frustration.  They've only beat us when we allow the cut passes.  I noticed later we dropped back on the pass backs and had a few steals. Keep it going.  

Tournament Bruce never ceases to amaze me. He gets his team ready to play.   Everything we've done led to the tournament. Now we are seeing the plan come together. 

Tough half coming.  Stay on the gas if we get up further and don't let up.  OK.  Off my coaching box now lol

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

So pumped.  We are taking what Houston gives us and playing so freaking smart and poised on offense, making enough threes to keep them honest and out on the guards.  That's giving us lanes to drive.  Taking advantage of the over commit.  Then ferocious guard play way out in back court.  Stepping above the screens and causing frustration.  They've only beat us when we allow the cut passes.  I noticed later we dropped back on the pass backs and had a few steals. Keep it going.  

Tournament Bruce never ceases to amaze me. He gets his team ready to play.   Everything we've done led to the tournament. Now we are seeing the plan come together. 

Tough half coming.  Stay on the gas if we get up further and don't let up.  OK.  Off my coaching box now lol

We'd better make some 3s. Every one we miss is a turnover.

• Like 2

2nd half against Iowa + 1st half tonight = 93 points!