Eligibility for 2024?

ArgoEagle

You guys in the know. Who is completely out of eligibility for the 2023-2024 Season? Thanks in advance.

48 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

You guys in the know. Who is completely out of eligibility for the 2023-2024 Season? Thanks in advance.

@ArgoEagleOnly Zep, As for others, word now is Flan, Stretch, & Lior are not expected to stay for their Covid SR years next season. As for non would be SRs, at least 1 is expected to move on.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@ArgoEagleOnly Zep, As for others, word now is Flan, Stretch, & Lior are not expected to stay for their Covid SR years next season. As for non would be SRs, at least 1 is expected to move on.

Who is the 1 non senior expected to leave

9 minutes ago, JKClark said:

I would guess KD.

I for one hope KD stays. Yes, he can be out of control at times, but I like the energy he brings when he enters a game. I don't understand why Stretch is still on the team. I'm sure he's a good guy, but has contributed nothing his time on the team. He's basically taken up a scholarship. Flan I really hope is gone. Berman can stay or go, doesn't matter to me. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JKClark said:

I would guess KD.

He's already transferred once. Has he graduated or is he on course to do so? Only a grad transfer can transfer twice without sitting out a year.

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I’m sure you’ve heard it on other boards, so I’m not gonna say anything on the who on a free site until the final decision is made.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

I’m sure you’ve heard it on other boards, so I’m not gonna say anything on the who on a free site until the final decision is made.

That's OK JHead will tell me tonight. 👍 

• Like 1

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

That's OK JHead will tell me tonight. 👍 

On3 is the only pay site I read. I would’ve only gotten it from there or the eagles nest here. So it has been discussed in places you can access.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

On3 is the only pay site I read. I would’ve only gotten it from there or the eagles nest here. So it has been discussed in places you can access.

Don't really matter cats are just guessing anyway about who is or isn't leaving.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@NWALA Tiger Hoke started a thread on roster management a week or two ago. It wasn’t first time I saw that nugget on who may leave but it was definitely in his post.

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

I hope Flan does return but I could see him wanting to transfer to a smaller school and have the college experience on his own. There has to be a lot of pressure in playing for your dad and maybe not living up to the expectations everyone had for you. I could see him transferring to a mid major type school and being the focal point in the offense. 

2 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

I hope Flan does return but I could see him wanting to transfer to a smaller school and have the college experience on his own. There has to be a lot of pressure in playing for your dad and maybe not living up to the expectations everyone had for you. I could see him transferring to a mid major type school and being the focal point in the offense. 

@zeroforwingerlast I saw his plan was to be done with college and go overseas to play pro ball if he doesn’t get drafted.

• Like 1

Was a bit surprising to me, but John Hollinger tweeted about Jaylin’s pro chances this weekend. (Thunder confusion comment is because they already have two good players named Jaylin/Jalen Williams.)

2 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

Was a bit surprising to me, but John Hollinger tweeted about Jaylin’s pro chances this weekend. (Thunder confusion comment is because they already have two good players named Jaylin/Jalen Williams.)

He is supposedly expected to return as of a week or so ago.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2

20 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

I would love to have him on my Thunder team!  I was hoping for Jabari last year but we ended up with Chet who got injured. 

19 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

KD apparently has had some locker room issues this season.  Lots of ppl thinking it might be him.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

KD apparently has had some locker room issues this season.  Lots of ppl thinking it might be him.

What kind of issues with teammates? He seemed to get along with everyone through the course of the games 

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

What kind of issues with teammates? He seemed to get along with everyone through the course of the games 

I'm not sure.  Just passing along cryptic various message board posts 

• Like 1

KD has already transferred once.  

He'd have to sit I believe

He began to play under control this year.  I wouldn't mind having him back if that trend continues.

25 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

KD has already transferred once.  

He'd have to sit I believe

He began to play under control this year.  I wouldn't mind having him back if that trend continues.

It's possible it will not be his choice.

I feel like he'd be a find bench player in a more limited roll.

• Like 1

I don't see a problem if most of our guys come back. They just can't come back with AND not add any additional players brought in that can compete for their starting spots. KD, Wen, FLan, and Jaylin are all really solid players. They just aren't SEC level starters. And while one or 2 might could sneak in and be serviceable as starters you sure as hell can't have an entire starting lineup of roll players. 

I think we have 3 must fill roles this offseason. A Shooting Guard, a Small Forward, and a Power Forward. And each of these need to be SEC starting level players. Its a tall ask i know but that is what we need. We might be able to get by with 2 out of 3 if both Flan and Jaylin come back but a shooting guard is a must have. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gravejd said:

I don't see a problem if most of our guys come back. They just can't come back with AND not add any additional players brought in that can compete for their starting spots. KD, Wen, FLan, and Jaylin are all really solid players. They just aren't SEC level starters. And while one or 2 might could sneak in and be serviceable as starters you sure as hell can't have an entire starting lineup of roll players. 

I think we have 3 must fill roles this offseason. A Shooting Guard, a Small Forward, and a Power Forward. And each of these need to be SEC starting level players. Its a tall ask i know but that is what we need. We might be able to get by with 2 out of 3 if both Flan and Jaylin come back but a shooting guard is a must have. 

If these guys are coming back in your scenario, where are the spots you are talking about filling going to come from?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1