Baseball vs Georgia

16 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Indeed. Seeing Peirce and McMurray back in the lineup is huge. Vail continues to have solid outings and our bullpen was stout. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Indeed. Seeing Peirce and McMurray back in the lineup is huge. Vail continues to have solid outings and our bullpen was stout. 

McMurray's pinch hit single is a sign of good things to come from him I believe.  I'm thinking drive one out big guy, and he's thinking hit a good pitch...he was right.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

McMurray's pinch hit single is a sign of good things to come from him I believe.  I'm thinking drive one out big guy, and he's thinking hit a good pitch...he was right.

It was golden and what a great way to win. Wife said she felt sorta sorry for the little GA pitcher….I said “okay”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

It was golden and what a great way to win. Wife said she felt sorta sorry for the little GA pitcher….I said “okay”.

He’s lucky he wasn’t in College Station where they chant at the pitcher. Carter Wright was getting a little mouthy to him though. Wouldn’t be surprised for him to have some pitches thrown to him on the far inside of the plate if he plays tonight. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

He’s lucky he wasn’t in College Station where they chant at the pitcher. Carter Wright was getting a little mouthy to him though. Wouldn’t be surprised for him to have some pitches thrown to him on the far inside of the plate if he plays tonight. 

very true.  i was surprised the home plate ump didn't say anything to wright at that time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Wright getting the start tonight 👀

A great day for the Tigers….Phat commits, bama goes down and Baseball team wins, goes for the sweep tomorrow….

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On another diamond in the SEC, Vandy got two grand slams and 11 RBI from Parker Noland en route to a 26-3 win over Miss State.  MSU is in free fall since winning it all two seasons ago.  They are winless in their last 15 conference games...Lemonis may not be who we thought he was.

Edited by PowerOfDixieland
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

On another diamond in the SEC, Vandy got two grand slams and 11 RBI from Parker Noland en route to a 26-3 win over Miss State.  MSU is in free fall since winning it all two seasons ago.  They are winless in their last 15 conference games...Lemonis may not be who we thought he was.

Ever since last year, I've seen a good amount of MSU fans wish they hired Butch instead of Lemonis after the 2018 season.

58 minutes ago, warbiscuit said:

Ever since last year, I've seen a good amount of MSU fans wish they hired Butch instead of Lemonis after the 2018 season.

John Cohen was in hot pursuit of Butch in 2018.   At the CWS, he hot boxed Butch for several hours in a hotel room.   Thankfully, Butch is a loyal, humble human being.

Who in the world just gave up 11 runs in the 8th inning after we cut it to 8-7? We have some really bad pitching this year! 

Correction: 16 runs on 8 hits, 6 walks, 2 hit batters and 2 wild pitches. That may be the worst inning I’ve ever seen! 

Edited by CameronCrazy

Whew...that was brutal.  Went into the top of the 8th with ga ahead by 1 run and let ga score 16 runs in the top of the 8th.  Went through the batting order twice.  Auburn couldn't score in the bottom of the 8th so the game was over...run-ruled in 8 innings.  Grateful it didn't go to the 9th.  Auburn now 2-4 in SEC play.

27 innings of baseball this weekend. The positive: we won the series 2-1. Two come from behind wins is excellent. The bad news: Our pitchers gave up 40 hits and 18 walks. That’s pitiful. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, tigers23 said:

Hope some of these guys can develop into SEC arms. Looking rough so far this season

It’s optimal for them to arrive on campus with SEC arms.  Development is what Tuesday games are for. Desperately need Gonzalez back, and soon. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 1

It must have been Chewacla day in Auburn. Apparently the baseball team took the day off and enjoyed the pools.