2023 4* FIU Transfer SG Denver Jones Signs With AU!

ellitor

By all accounts AU is in a good spot with DJ. Bruce has visited him and his family. DJ is expected to visit AU Easter weekend.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Link to his stats page added to the OP just above his highlight video.

Smart thread to create

• Like 3

I know it is a highlight video but he has a complete offensive game. Shoot the three both set and shoot or off the dribble. A pull up mid range shot and go hard to the rack and uses his body well down low to get his shot off cleanly.

I see why Pearl wants him.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 1

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Dude's a hack but yeah, AU is trending big.

All those guys who pretty much only exist in social media (I consider Jake Crain like that too, even though he now has a show and all that) whiffed soooooo bad these last few years with predictions. I think Caleb stuck his neck out for a few 5 star basketball guys that didn’t come AND Caleb Williams

• Like 1

It has been a while since Auburn has has a true SG last few years we always had undersized SG's and sadly on top of that they were not great shooters or scorers.  Ideally we want a SG who is both a shooter and scorer. This young man looks like he fits that need.

• Like 1

• Love 1

Auburn hoops lands top transfer target Denver Jones

24 minutes ago

AUBURN, Alabama--Bruce Pearl’s quest to add more scoring punch to his backcourt is off to a booming start. 

The Tigers have added their first transfer of the cycle: former FIU guard Denver Jones, who committed to Auburn on Saturday following a visit to check out the program.

Getting a good feel for everything on his trip, Jones said it came down to relationships and the bond he felt with Pearl and his staff.

"Ever since I posted on social media that I had interest from Auburn, I just felt a lot of love from the fans," Jones tells Auburnundercover. "That was different from any other program that had interest in me. I just felt the warmth. I just felt the family environment. That's one of the things I told B.P. It's not just the basketball environment, it's everything outside of basketball. I feel like that's an environment I would like to be a part of."

An in-state native from the Huntsville area, Jones was the No. 2 scorer in Conference USA this past season. The 6-foot-4 guard poured in 20.1 points per night on 37 percent shooting from 3-point range. He said being able to play back in his home state is a big deal for him and his family.

"My parents haven't been able to really come watch me play because I have been out of state," he said. "I have been at prep school and then Memphis and the junior college in Kansas and then FIU in Miami. Just a few hours from home, I'm grateful and blessed to be in this position. My parents can come to every home game they want to."

Jones was arguably Auburn’s biggest overall transfer target, giving the Tigers’ need for more consistent scoring — and shooting — in the backcourt. He said that was another important part of the decision for him.

"I have worked my whole life for this situation," Jones said. "I just want to thank God."

12COMMENTS

Auburn has produced three All-SEC transfers over the past two seasons. Jones said he's excited to see what the future holds to see if he can become the next guy for the Tigers.

"I want to come here and win," Jones said. "I want to come here and make it to the Final Four and win the whole March Madness. That's all I'm about."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Like 1
  • Love 1