OTV | AUFAMILY

RunInRed

A lot of folks have expressed a desire to be able to contribute to our NIL Collective without having to give big dollars.  While, I admit, $24 is not exactly a "micro" donation ... we did get them to create this lower package (previous packages started at $34).  

So, if you want to be a part of OTV and contribute to our ability to recruit and keep the best, here's your chance.  And for those who will be in Auburn for A-Day, this not only gets you into a drawing for Suite tickets but also, there's a OTV-member only meet and greet event before the game in the Indoor with coaches and players.  I'll be there too but I don't count ... but would love to say hello to you anyways!  Join up!

https://ontovictory.com/au-family/

gocrazy_aufamily.jpeg

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

A lot of folks have expressed a desire to be able to contribute to our NIL Collective without having to give big dollars.  While, I admit, $24 is not exactly a "micro" donation ... we did get them to create this lower package (previous packages started at $34).  

So, if you want to be a part of OTV and contribute to our ability to recruit and keep the best, here's your chance.  And for those who will be in Auburn for A-Day, this not only gets you into a drawing for Suite tickets but also, there's a OTV-member only meet and greet event before the game in the Indoor with coaches and players.  I'll be there too but I don't count ... but would love to say hello to you anyways!  Join up!

https://ontovictory.com/au-family/

gocrazy_aufamily.jpeg

People pay 25 dollars for door dash . Thanks for the link 

• Love 1

13 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Does it cover travel expenses?

If it does we can go together?

LOL

2 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Red, can you share the details on the meet and greet? 😁 Or will they come by email when/if you donate.  

Any member is able to attend the meet and greet.

27 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

I’ll see if I can find out more details …

Yes, thank you.  I should have been more specific.  Wondering about place and time.  😊

11 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Yes, thank you.  I should have been more specific.  Wondering about place and time.  😊

The A Day meet and greet is for OTV members only - the plan is to have similar events throughout the year. 

Here is info on the meet and greet:

From 10:00 to 12:00 come Meet & Greet and get autographs from On To Victory athletes at the old indoor football facility. There will be players from football, basketball, and multiple other sports! Soft drinks & waters will be provided.

• Love 1

23 hours ago, bigbird said:

Does it cover travel expenses?

It’ll be a tight squeeze but you may be able to hitch a ride …

IMG_8805.jpeg

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, RunInRed said:

The A Day meet and greet is for OTV members only - the plan is to have similar events throughout the year. 

Here is info on the meet and greet:

From 10:00 to 12:00 come Meet & Greet and get autographs from On To Victory athletes at the old indoor football facility. There will be players from football, basketball, and multiple other sports! Soft drinks & waters will be provided.

Thank you! How do I prove I’m an OTV member now? Do you think the will send out an email on this? Sorry to be such a bother!

17 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Thank you! How do I prove I’m an OTV member now? Do you think the will send out an email on this? Sorry to be such a bother!

Yes, I think a communication will go out and they will have a list of all members.

• Like 1

When they stop giving players full scholarships, free room and the best food you can get, plus a stipend every month, I may feel like giving. Otherwise, you can count me out. You can sugar-coat it all you want, but this is semi-pro ball and not COLLEGE 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jluvah said:

When they stop giving players full scholarships, free room and the best food you can get, plus a stipend every month, I may feel like giving. Otherwise, you can count me out. You can sugar-coat it all you want, but this is semi-pro ball and not COLLEGE 

Agree.  We need to let the coaches, admins, and TV execs be the sole beneficiaries of college sports

• Like 1

On 4/2/2023 at 1:09 PM, RunInRed said:

It’ll be a tight squeeze but you may be able to hitch a ride …

IMG_8805.jpeg

i notice bird and yellow fella are the same color. are they kin?

6 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Agree.  We need to let the coaches, admins, and TV execs be the sole beneficiaries of college sports

I listed all the things, including a stipend, that the “ student” athlete gets for playing. They know what they are getting when they sign the scholarship. If they don’t like it, pay for school themselves or find a damn job and don’t go to college 

Edited by jluvah

11 hours ago, jluvah said:

I listed all the things, including a stipend, that the “ student” athlete gets for playing. They know what they are getting when they sign the scholarship. If they don’t like it, pay for school themselves or find a damn job and don’t go to college 

Look at it this way: It's the only way for us to finally win a few recruiting battles against Kirby Smart. I agree it's not the ideal design for college athletics, but I'm tired of losing to UGA. 

At some point they need to just approve a salary or contract structure and stop pretending these are amateurs. Until then though, we can get on board or just become Vanderbilt. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sani-Freeze said:

Look at it this way: It's the only way for us to finally win a few recruiting battles against Kirby Smart. I agree it's not the ideal design for college athletics, but I'm tired of losing to UGA. 

At some point they need to just approve a salary or contract structure and stop pretending these are amateurs. Until then though, we can get on board or just become Vanderbilt. 

Yeah, the pushback of players getting money and demanding they stay poor/get less than the massive amount of revenue they drive just seems weird to me.  IDK if it's jealousy or they don't think someone can be worth as much b/c they are younger then them.

As you said, do you want to be competitive in College Athletics or do you want to become a 4 or 5 win team each year?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jluvah said:

i am pretty sure  most schools are doing it. why let the turds or the butt sniffers have any kind of advantage? i weep for the old ways myself but times are changing and you either mover forward or get left behind. do the nil for a chance to get great tickets or a caddy auto or a meet and greet with him or other coaches.

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Yeah, the pushback of players getting money and demanding they stay poor/get less than the massive amount of revenue they drive just seems weird to me.  IDK if it's jealousy or they don't think someone can be worth as much b/c they are younger then them.

As you said, do you want to be competitive in College Athletics or do you want to become a 4 or 5 win team each year?

My point is, is that when you start paying players it’s not “ College Athletics” anymore. I don’t give a damn if you, or anyone else, makes more money than me. More power to y’all. And I don’t care if you’re 18 or 59 and making more than me. Just don’t call it “College” or Amateur anymore. And while you’re at it, don’t require them to go to class because that would be wrong to make them do something they aren’t getting paid for, right?

41 minutes ago, jluvah said:

My point is, is that when you start paying players it’s not “ College Athletics” anymore.

Boy, it's going to rock your world to learn that players (including ours) have gotten paid all along

12 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Boy, it's going to rock your world to learn that players (including ours) have gotten paid all along

Nope. World not rocked. I understand there’s been some under the table crap, along with the STIPEND they’ve always gotten. Give me some examples of some egregious $ a player got in the past that the NCAA let happen 

Oh, and if you really think Auburn is gonna keep up with the Alabamas, Georgias, Ohio States and Michigans of college football, hide and watch.

Edited by jluvah
  • Like 1