2023 App St Transfer 4* Edge Jalen McLeod COMMITS TO AU!

AU-24

• ellitor changed the title to 2023 App St Transfer Jack/LB Jalen McLeod

• ellitor changed the title to 2023 App St Transfer Edge Jalen McLeod

He had two FF's and two sacks against A&M. 37 pressures last year. I know it's PFF, and they aren't everything, but he had a 90.7 pass rush grade last year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

He had two FF's and two sacks against A&M. 37 pressures last year. I know it's PFF, and they aren't everything, but he had a 90.7 pass rush grade last year. 

My only concern with him is he's just small.  He's basically a true OLB vs an EDGE player at 6'1 230.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

My only concern with him is he's just small.  He's basically a true OLB vs an EDGE player at 6'1 230.

He may end up being a Jack LB instead of an edge for us. I believe they are separate positions in our system.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

He may end up being a Jack LB instead of an edge for us. I believe they are separate positions in our system.

I thought JACK LB was essentially EDGE.

This appears to be a free article from Rivals w/ our post spring Depth Chart.  We have DE/NT/DT then Edge/Jack is our pass rusher.

https://auburn.rivals.com/news/post-spring-depth-chart-defense-auburn-tigers-football

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

He plays with passion, I want him on our team.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

He is on the shorter side, but his arms are long and he plays with good technique. Those somewhat mitigate his height issues

• Like 4

Measurables count to an extent but performance on the field is the most important measurable. He is good and we need him to sign.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, DAG said:

Commit already jeez 

Gonna have to wait till he leaves his visit 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

I thought JACK LB was essentially EDGE.

This appears to be a free article from Rivals w/ our post spring Depth Chart.  We have DE/NT/DT then Edge/Jack is our pass rusher.

https://auburn.rivals.com/news/post-spring-depth-chart-defense-auburn-tigers-football

I think you are correct but,,, there may be personnel changes in regard to down and distance. 

Maybe I'm crazy, but I thought I saw a tweet stating the staff told Jalen he could play MLB too

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Measurables count to an extent but performance on the filed is the most important measurable. He is good and we need him to sign.

Remember Shaquem Griffin (UCF).  Had a club hand and wreaked havoc on our offense in that bowl game a few years back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Maybe I'm crazy, but I thought I saw a tweet stating the staff told Jalen he could play MLB too

I thought that was Thomas?

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I thought that was Thomas?

The kid from Cincinnati?  IDK, could have mixed them up.

• Like 3

Finally we land someone. Thank god. I was starting to think Hugh had stank breath or something.

• Haha 5

BREAKING: Auburn lands commitment from transfer edge rusher Jalen McLeod

Jeffrey Lee•10 minutes

Auburn football has added a commitment from one of its top transfer edge targets in Jalen McLeod.

McLeod, a transfer from Appalachian State, announced his decision Tuesday on social media.

McLeod’s commitment comes after spending the past two days in Auburn on an official visit. He arrived on the Tigers’ campus Saturday afternoon and stayed until Monday. His mother and father were with him on the visit.

McLeod, who is listed at 6-foot-3 and 230 pounds, played in 30 games at Appalachian State and totaled 76 tackles, 36 solos, nine sacks, 12.5 tackles for loss and three forced fumbles.

His best season came in 2022. That season he had 41 tackles, 7.5 tackles for loss, six sacks, two forced fumbles, one fumble recovery and eight QB hurries. 

McLeod, who has two years of eligibility, is the first transfer commitment for Auburn during the spring window, which opened April 15 and closed April 30. The Tigers are looking to add several more transfers and have targeted quarterbacks, wide receivers, linebackers, offensive linemen, edge rushers and defensive backs.