Biblical Marriage

AURex

I get a laugh out of the fanatically righteous conservatives who thump their Bible and proclaim that marriage is between one man and one woman. Period. The End!  Obviously, their knowledge of the bible is deficient. Here are the acceptable forms of marriage according to the bible.

Biblical Marriage.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 2

32 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Something missing from this chart.

?

So what's your problem and why do you care?

8 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Man/Man

Woman/Woman

x/x/x lgbtq***

Oh wait..

Well, if you need a proper education on Greek and Roman Culture and JUST WHAT Paul was speaking on, and to which close minded religious bigot (Peter and James) that he was aiming it at, I can point you in the right direction.  Then again, it would mean that you would drop your anti-Christ fundamentaist horse crap into the dung bin.

Also, Jonathan and David were homosexual lovers.  The Hebrew is quite explicit on that.  Another key sign David is Bi-sexual, is when David is old and they place young virgins in bed with him andhis arousal is nil, well, that should ring a bell for you. Also Naomi and Ruth.  Explicit language.  

You should try learning one of the languages the Old and New Testament are written in.  Then again, people that swallow propaganda are too lazy to put any work in.  

Fascist Fundamentalists often say the Bible says things that it doesn't. Time to put that garbage down.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

21 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

Well, if you need a proper education on Greek and Roman Culture and JUST WHAT Paul was speaking on, and to which close minded religious bigot (Peter and James) that he was aiming it at, I can point you in the right direction.  Then again, it would mean that you would drop your anti-Christ fundamentaist horse crap into the dung bin.

Also, Jonathan and David were homosexual lovers.  The Hebrew is quite explicit on that.  Another key sign David is Bi-sexual, is when David is old and they place young virgins in bed with him andhis arousal is nil, well, that should ring a bell for you. Also Naomi and Ruth.  Explicit language.  

You should try learning one of the languages the Old and New Testament are written in.  Then again, people that swallow propaganda are too lazy to put any work in.  

Fascist Fundamentalists often say the Bible says things that it doesn't. Time to put that garbage down.

Thanks for the statement on your position. Noted. And the new insult. Not just fascist but fundamental fascist. I’ll take it as a compliment of sorts.  However, I won’t be putting “that garbage” (the Bible) down.

1 hour ago, creed said:

So what's your problem and why do you care?

No problem here. Just wondering why the OP listing all the legal marriages of the Bible Old Testament days doesn’t mention alphabet relationships. Almost like it is not there on purpose. It is a small fact left out of the OP so it seemed like it should be identified as such. 

• Facepalm 1

YOU know what they have named church services for most on the right these days?................trump daycare............hehehehehehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, AURex said:

I get a laugh out of the fanatically righteous conservatives who thump their Bible and proclaim that marriage is between one man and one woman. Period. The End!  Obviously, their knowledge of the bible is deficient. Here are the acceptable forms of marriage according to the bible.

Biblical Marriage.jpeg

I actually thought that this was a discussion of Hunter Bidens sex life for a while...lol

16 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Man/Man

Woman/Woman

x/x/x lgbtq***

Oh wait..

Doesn't mean it wasn't happening, which it obviously was.  Humans in that era are the same as humans in this era.

• Facepalm 1

No problem here. Just wondering why the OP listing all the legal marriages of the Bible Old Testament days Mdoesn’t mention alphabet relationships. Almost like it is not there on purpose. It is a small fact left out of the OP so it seemed like it should be identified as such. 

My question was directed at the OP... Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for the statement on your position. Noted. And the new insult. Not just fascist but fundamental fascist. I’ll take it as a compliment of sorts.  However, I won’t be putting “that garbage” (the Bible) down.

Er, he didn't call you that.  He was speaking categorically.

Perhaps you just identified with it. ;)

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Don’t know about the rest of you, but I think I’m seeing a pattern of a particular poster that just might have that man crush on a particular person!?!? 

9 hours ago, 1716AU said:

Also, Jonathan and David were homosexual lovers. 

Bold statement and can see how that could be argued….In my mind not the case but state what you wish.

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Doesn't mean it wasn't happening, which it obviously was.  Humans in that era are the same as humans in this era.

Really?

i have read this several times in the last few days. people claim this is true. i am open to opinions but i want to know if the homosexuality thing was made up or a real thing?

Why was Sodom and Gomorrah destroyed?

It is a very common belief in Christianity that Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed because their residents did homosexual sex. Genesis 18:20 says God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed for committing "grave sin". Now what is this "grave sin". According to r/Christianity, the "grave sin" is that they didnt feed the poor and didnt help the needy, not homosexuality, they cite Book of Ezekiel to back their claim. As a new Christian, this is the first time I heard someone saying this. So I want a comprehensive answer here-Why was Sodom and Gomorrah destroyed?What is their "grave sin"?

10 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i have read this several times in the last few days. people claim this is true. i am open to opinions but i want to know if the homosexuality thing was made up or a real thing?

Why was Sodom and Gomorrah destroyed?

It is a very common belief in Christianity that Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed because their residents did homosexual sex. Genesis 18:20 says God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed for committing "grave sin". Now what is this "grave sin". According to r/Christianity, the "grave sin" is that they didnt feed the poor and didnt help the needy, not homosexuality, they cite Book of Ezekiel to back their claim. As a new Christian, this is the first time I heard someone saying this. So I want a comprehensive answer here-Why was Sodom and Gomorrah destroyed?What is their "grave sin"?

Wickedness. You can google it or read about in the Bible.

48 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Just a bit surprised that you feel the need to point out that humans have not changed.

Perhaps you didn't read the post it was in response to:

20 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Man/Man

Woman/Woman

x/x/x lgbtq***

Oh wait..

Which implies such relationships were nonexistent them.

Edited by homersapien

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Perhaps you didn't read the post it was in response to:

Which implies such relationships were nonexistent them.

I have no idea what JJ is implying and neither do you. I really see topics like this being useless. They seem to come from a certain type and serve no purpose other than to agitate or create argument. 

On 5/14/2023 at 9:19 PM, SaltyTiger said:

I have no idea what JJ is implying and neither do you. I really see topics like this being useless. They seem to come from a certain type and serve no purpose other than to agitate or create argument.

Who are you to judge someone else's inferences? :-\

And do you not see the irony in your last sentence?    :laugh:

Edited by homersapien
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Who are you to judge someone else what their inferences were? :-\

And do you not see the irony in your last sentence?    :laugh:

Point the inference judged? 

No, I see don’t “irony”.

Edited by SaltyTiger