2023 4* Jackson State Transfer WR Shane Hooks Commits to AU!

Zeek

This guy is such a huge get for us, he’s tall with good hands and is elusive after catching the ball.

Can’t wait to see what our offense looks like this year!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

DK Metcalf right here. This guy is a game breaker 

Whoa, whoa, whoa there JDUB!! Just kidding , I hope you’re correct sir.

On 5/17/2023 at 6:37 PM, TeamZero77 said:

I haven't really looked into Hooks but the obvious question for me is why didn't he go to Colorado with Deion? With so many players transferring out from Colorado, did Deion not try to bring Hooks with him or does Hooks want to stay closer to home? Just seeing his stats and his size, he looks like a great pickup. Are there other big schools going after him as well? 

From what I’ve seen and read, Deion was all in on Hooks until he committed to Ole Miss.  Then when he decommitted from Ole Miss Deion withdrew his offer.  He then looked at Utah and had about a half dozen P5 offers including Auburn and Arkansas, and ultimately chose Auburn.  But as I understand it Deion filled his big body WR spot with a stud receiver and signed a couple others so had some flexibility to shun Hooks.  Not sure that Hooks was ever interested in rejoining Prime anyway as he was trolling them on social media a few weeks ago.

Edited by dilligas
  • Thanks 2

Outstanding but as noted interesting. J State's leading receiver last season and SEC caliber in our staffs eyes but not part of the Portal Party at Colorado.

4 hours ago, Zeek said:

There have been times over the last few year I wished we’d at least be chippy even if we’re not good lol. Steve Smith for the Panthers was a lot of fun with a lot of fire.

Most def giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7fgfzq84xe1elcmpc77

16 hours ago, LPTiger said:

This one receiver had 10 receiving TD's last year.    Without looking, how many passing TD's do you think our QBs threw last year?

Do we count pick 6's?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, LPTiger said:

He reminds me of Ronney Daniels the way he breaks tackles.

He’s potentially our Laquon Treadwell from freezes time at Ole Miss.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I agree with what Zeek said earlier.    It would be nice to see an AU receiver with a little chippiness in his game and the talent and production to back it up.

On 5/21/2023 at 9:27 PM, aucanucktiger said:

Outstanding but as noted interesting. J State's leading receiver last season and SEC caliber in our staffs eyes but not part of the Portal Party at Colorado.

When I first read this, for whatever reason, I read Portapotty. Then realized it's kind of the same thing when historically talking about Colorado football. 

• ellitor unpinned this topic