2023 3* Liberty Transfer Edge Stephen Sings Commits To AU!

bigbird

Former Liberty pass-rusher Stephen Sings V commits to Auburn

More help is on the way on the defensive side of the ball.

Christian Clemente15 mins

Auburn has more help on the way on the defensive side of the ball. With a big need at the jack linebacker spot still remaining, former Liberty edge rusher Stephen Sings visited Auburn and left an Auburn commit on Saturday.

"Good, it was good," Sings said after departing Auburn. "I feel like I’m at home pretty much. It’s a little bit different, it’s bigger than Liberty, but it’s fun." 

In his collegiate career, Sings has 48 tackles, 9.5 tackles for a loss and seven sacks in his career playing the last three seasons for the Flames. He arrives at Auburn with two years of eligibility remaining.

"They believe in me and they know what I’m going to come and do," Sings said. "They know I’m going to come and compete, I’m going to come and work. I’m not going to play games, pretty much."

Listed at 6-foot-3 and 255 pounds, Auburn has already added a speed rusher in former App State edge rusher Jalen McLeod through the transfer portal for the jack linebacker spot. Now Sings arrives to provide more help at a position that was lacking bodies and star power before the portal window opened back up.

"Oh yeah, definitely, it’s pretty much the same scheme," Sings said. "I talked to Coach Roberts, he was talking to me about it. It’s pretty much the same, nothing’s different from Liberty defensive-wise, so I’m going to adjust pretty well."

A former three-star recruit in the 2020 recruiting cycle out of Charlotte (NC) Julius L. Chambers, Sings committed to Liberty over Virginia Tech, Auburn, Colorado, East Carolina, Maryland, Missouri, North Carolina, Oregon, Syracuse, UCF and more. Sings was ranked as the No. 49 wide edge rusher and the No. 33 player from the state of North Carolina in his class.

While Sings is capable of playing defensive end or the jack linebacker spot, Auburn currently only has McLeod, Vanderbilt transfer Elijah McAllister and true freshmen Keldric Faulk and Brenton Williams at the position, making Sings a strong candidate to get reps at the jack spot.

What's he bringing to Auburn?

"I came to work," Sings said. "I came to work."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, toddc said:

It’s a little bit different, it’s bigger than Liberty, but it’s fun." 

A lot a bit of an understatement 

• Haha 2

• ellitor changed the title to 2023 3* Liberty Transfer Edge Stephen Sings Commits To AU!
  • ellitor pinned and featured this topic
22 hours ago, toddc said:

I never get PM’ed 😞 Except when e tells me he moved one of my posts. 😝 

Here I thought I was the only one. 😂

2 hours ago, DAG said:

A lot a bit of an understatement 

Have you ever been to Liberty‘s campus, stadium, etc…? It’s pretty big, to include they own their own ski mountain. Not the size of Auburn, but it’s a pretty big place.

I’m so excited to see how summer turns out for us and how these guys do. Should be close to finishing this portal class.

• Like 1

This staff doesn't stop. They go 24 hours a day. They made a list of everything they could possibly want for the coming year. They rated needs from highest to lowest. Starting with big needs like QB, O-Line, WR, Edge, LB, D-Line and Depth in general.  They have checked them off 1 at a time and sometimes in bunches.  They are relentless. About the only two things thyy haven't gotten is a Safety and Jobs to get Apple to back Auburn. The safety they are looking at a NM CB so they can move a CB to Safety.  I am joking about JOB and Apple but I would not be surprised if staff is working on it.

I have to admit when we initially hired Freeze I was on the fence and to be honest was leaning against the hire.  I can't tell you how happy I am that I was wrong.  

As for Sings he is a proven player at Liberty and provides both depth and big play ability. War Eagle and Welcome to Auburn.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

This staff doesn't stop. They go 24 hours a day. They made a list of everything they could possibly want for the coming year. They rated needs from highest to lowest. Starting with big needs like QB, O-Line, WR, Edge, LB, D-Line and Depth in general.  They have checked them off 1 at a time and sometimes in bunches.  They are relentless. About the only two things thyy haven't gotten is a Safety and Jobs to get Apple to back Auburn. The safety they are looking at a NM CB so they can move a CB to Safety.  I am joking about JOB and Apple but I would not be surprised if staff is working on it.

I have to admit when we initially hired Freeze I was on the fence and to be honest was leaning against the hire.  I can't tell you how happy I am that I was wrong.  

As for Sings he is a proven player at Liberty and provides both depth and big play ability. War Eagle and Welcome to Auburn.

ANT, it truly would be a miracle if they could get Steve Jobs to give any support since he has been dead for 12 years😀

• Haha 5
  • Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, LPTiger said:

ANT, it truly would be a miracle if they could get Steve Jobs to give any support since he has been dead for 12 years😀

Faux paux on my part I meant Cook. I deserve the laughing emoji's.

• Like 1

• Zeek unpinned this topic