Ted Cruz Schools AOC

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

You know you're just "telling" on Conservatives and Republicans with that argument right? 

Do you believe there are no Democrats that honor Bedford?  After all, he did start the KKK of which Senator Bryd was a high ranking member.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Well, I must have misunderstood when you brought up white supremacy identifying as Republicans.  I was just pointing out that I didn’t agree and the media is following Biden’s lead in the area.

Ok, in Larry Elder’s campaign for the Governor of California the only violence I saw was a white lady in a gorilla head throw an egg at Larry and she wasn’t a Republican.  But it is understood that white supremacy is violence, is it not?

Did Biden make a speech at Howard University calling out white supremacy.  Is this bringing the country together or was it a campaign speech designed to talk to his radical base?  It is the same issue you have with Trump.  Trump has some kind of coded message he speaks while Biden only speaks the true, am I right?

Oh and on civil rights, did you know the Senate filibustered the Civil Rights Act on 1964.  Yes, it it true.  That filibuster was lead by Senator Byrd of West Virginia, a Democrat.  This must have been before the great awakening of the Dems.

June 10, 1964

Photo: Post-cloture Group

At 9:51 on the morning of June 10, 1964, Senator Robert C. Byrd completed an address that he had begun 14 hours and 13 minutes earlier. The subject was the pending Civil Rights Act of 1964, a measure that occupied the Senate for 60 working days, including seven Saturdays. A day earlier, Senate whips Hubert Humphrey (D-MN) and Thomas Kuchel (R-CA), the bill's floor managers, concluded they had the 67 votes required at that time to end the debate. 

The Civil Rights Act provided protection of voting rights; banned discrimination in public facilities—including private businesses offering public services—such as lunch counters, hotels, and theaters; and established equal employment opportunity as the law of the land. 

As Senator Byrd took his seat, House members, former senators, and others—150 of them—vied for limited standing space at the back of the chamber. With all gallery seats taken, hundreds waited outside in hopelessly extended lines. 

Georgia Democrat Richard Russell offered the final arguments in opposition.  Minority Leader Everett Dirksen, who had enlisted the Republican votes that made cloture a realistic option, spoke for the proponents with his customary eloquence. Noting that the day marked the 100th anniversary of Abraham Lincoln's nomination to a second term, the Illinois Republican proclaimed, in the words of Victor Hugo, "Stronger than all the armies is an idea whose time has come." He continued, "The time has come for equality of opportunity in sharing in government, in education, and in employment. It will not be stayed or denied. It is here!"

https://www.senate.gov/about/powers-procedures/filibusters-cloture/civil-rights-filibuster-ended.ht

Great Scott. This is easily one of the most pathetic posts you've ever put out.

First of all, if you were just pointing out you didn't agree, you did it in a ridiculous way, since I never mentioned violence. Apparently it never occurred to you, but you can be racist without being violent. Maybe this is why CRT is anathema to you?

And you bring up one incident of violence to prove your argument?

Should Biden not address white supremacy? It's clearly an issue, as they've come more and more out of the woodwork since Trump started lowering the bar on civil discourse and behavior. How in the world can you consider condemning white supremacy an attempt to talk to a "radicalized" base? You're implying that opposing white supremacy is somehow a crazy idea.

As to Byrd, I never said there were zero racists that were Democrat. In fact, I pointed out that there were. The transformation of the parties didn't happen overnight. Can't imagine why you would argue that it did, other than to cover up your denial of reality. And to your point about Democrats of the time, I'm sure you'll just dismiss where the Democratic members of Congress who opposed the bill came from:

undefined

image.thumb.png.8d76e37b69a23b51b4713a9094cc4b48.png

Man, you just continue to circle the drain. You've been on this trajectory for a while, but to now claim that racism is equal among parties and that you have to be violent to be racist? No wonder this country still has so many race issues - people like you are completely blind to it. 

Edited by Leftfield
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

May be an image of text that says 'The sad reality is that Republicans are nowhere near as committed to saving America as the Democrats are to destroying America.'

You post stuff like this way more than you post your own thoughts, and certainly more than you post any arguments that stand up to even minimal scrutiny.

Do you believe there are no Democrats that honor Bedford?  After all, he did start the KKK of which Senator Bryd was a high ranking member.

I don't know. Who are these Democrats celebrating Bedford Forrest?  

2 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

1. When I lived in Georgia, I lived about a mile up the road from a neighborhood called Bedford Forrest (seriously).

2. Georgia voted for Biden and two Democratic senators.

3. Democrats are therefore racist.

Ta-daaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Leftfield said:

1. When I lived in Georgia, I lived about a mile up the road from a neighborhood called Bedford Forrest (seriously).

2. Georgia voted for Biden and two Democratic senators.

3. Democrats are therefore racist.

Ta-daaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop it you're TRIGGERRRRINGGG MEEEEE!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Leftfield said:

Should Biden not address white supremacy? It's clearly an issue, as they've come more and more out of the woodwork since Trump started lowering the bar on civil discourse and behavior. How in the world can you consider condemning white supremacy an attempt to talk to a "radicalized" base? You're implying that opposing white supremacy is somehow a crazy idea

A tremendous miss read by you, but what is new.  Of course Biden is going to mention white supremacy, it what he is running on, you know, *Republicans are the evil white supremest (you parrot this) and a vote for me is what will deliver you from this evil*.  It is your opinion, and that of the media, that Trump was a divider of the races.  I don’t believe that at all.  He did say some silly stuff that the media jumped on, but IMO not racist.  I am not implying white supremacy doesn’t exist, I saying it is not as prevalent as Joe makes it out to be, especially if the media has to recruit Indians and Hispanics to call them white supremest.

Is it Biden’s fault a nurse in NYC was accused of being a KAREN by 5 black teenagers that was trying to steal her rented bike just after his speech at Howard?  Is that bar also lowered?  Two parties can play that game.

And to your point about Democrats of the time, I'm sure you'll just dismiss where the Democratic members of Congress who opposed the bill came from:

Why would I dismiss the Southern Democrats were racist, that was my point.  The so-called *great Democratic awakening* didn’t happen overnight, but it isn’t the gotcha you think it is to use Coffee’s term.  The filibuster lasted 60 days in 1964 lead by a group of die hard Dems and that bill had to be bipartisan to pass.  Your percentages really doesn’t matter does it.  The party that was founded to abolish slavery helped with the passage of this bill and it took 100 years for the Dems to see the light.

Man, you just continue to circle the drain. You've been on this trajectory for a while, but to now claim that racism is equal among parties and that you have to be violent to be racist?

Now, where did I claim you have to be violent to be racist?  Seems like you are assuming again.  What I am saying is the narrative of violence is prevalent in the media when talking about white supremest such as the nurse in NYC, Danial Penny and the recent mass shootings.  You can be racist without violence, but it is harder to detect, but I am sure you racedar is fine tuned to attenuate any blimp of racism, just like Ben Crump.

20 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I don’t know many Democrats, I was hoping you could tell me.

Nathan Bedford Forrest was one of the bravest men in the confederacy.some of the heroic things he did was eye opening. and he was racist. he had slaves  but history says he treated them well altho he did in fact own them. something happened toward the end of the war and he had a huge change of heart. he got rid of his slaves and and took many of their grievances to court for them. and yes bedford was a kkker for a fact. but when he realized they w re doing more against blacks than carpetbaggers he resigned and continued helping slaves or ex slaves for pretty much the rest of his life. i read his bio and it was amazing. how true was it> i have no idea i just trusted his biographer to tell the truth just because people are racist at one time does not mean they can be redeemed. he did have a ton of sources to back his stuff up but i never looked into it. so lets be clear he was not racist all his life and he dedicated his life to helping ex slaves.

i have heard of rober e lee holidays and some calling memorial day confed memorial day but never a forrest holiday. this is all new to me.

i often think iam is kin to circle jerk that got runnoft.  lol he is not quite as bloated and pompous i do not think.

3 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

May be an image of text that says 'The sad reality is that Republicans are nowhere near as committed to saving America as the Democrats are to destroying America.'

A fascist tactic.  Your political opponents aren't loyal, aren't patriotic. They want to destroy the country.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I don't know any Democrats that do. All I know is all the Republicans who love him. 

But that's how this always seems to go. The Democrats started the KKK/Confederacy/Jim Crowe, ect but modern Republicans are the ones who seem to honor and celebrate that history and past and seem to long for parts of it to return. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

*Republicans are the evil white supremest (you parrot this)...

No, I don't. Point to a single place where I said all Republicans are evil white supremacists.

I said it's become the primary party that white supremacists vote with. Not the only party. Not the entire party. This clear enough?

It is your opinion, and that of the media, that Trump was a divider of the races.

Yep.

I don’t believe that at all. 

🙄 

He did say some silly stuff that the media jumped on...

"silly stuff"

Is it Biden’s fault a nurse in NYC was accused of being a KAREN by 5 black teenagers that was trying to steal her rented bike just after his speech at Howard?

No.

Why would I dismiss the Southern Democrats were racist, that was my point.  The so-called *great Democratic awakening* didn’t happen overnight, but it isn’t the gotcha you think it is to use Coffee’s term.  The filibuster lasted 60 days in 1964 lead by a group of die hard Dems and that bill had to be bipartisan to pass.  Your percentages really doesn’t matter does it.  The party that was founded to abolish slavery helped with the passage of this bill and it took 100 years for the Dems to see the light.

My God, you just really can't grasp this, can you? It's not that difficult. 

THE PARTIES ARE NOT THE SAME AS THEY WERE 60 YEARS AGO.

There's a reason all the states in blue in the map above are now red on election maps. How are you failing to understand this? How can you make explaining this feel like explaining particle physics to a ferret?

Now, where did I claim you have to be violent to be racist?  Seems like you are assuming again. 

...yep....

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

But it is understood that white supremacy is violence, is it not?

.....assuming.

You can be racist without violence, but it is harder to detect, but I am sure you racedar is fine tuned to attenuate any blimp of racism...

I guess yours is just on the fritz?

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/23/2023 at 4:55 PM, Son of A Tiger said:

I'm not a fan of either one but I love to see AOC get schooled.

Ted Cruz reminds AOC her own Democrat Party founded KKK, wrote Jim Crow laws | Fox News

Glad you love it. What I would love is if our ‘leaders’ spent more time working on solutions and less time mean tweeting and schooling each other. They act like petulant 8 year olds. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Glad you love it. What I would love is if our ‘leaders’ spent more time working on solutions and less time mean tweeting and schooling each other. They act like petulant 8 year olds. 

Quite similar to this forum. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

No.

Ya know, I don’t blame Joe either.  Just like I don’t blame Bernie for the Rep baseball shooting and Trump for the *insurrection*.  

22 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

There's a reason all the states in blue in the map above are now red on election maps. How are you failing to understand this?

So this is you big reveal?  Could it be that the South has always been conservative and when the 1964 civil rights act was passed the Dems looked else where?  Researching George Wallace; he ran for president in 64 as a Dem. 68 as an American Independent, 72 and 76 as a Dem.  I’m not familiar with any of the old racist Democrats that switched parties, maybe you can enlighten me.

Here is a piece from Carol Swain, she is professor of Political Science and Law at Vanderbilt.  She is an African American and is another one of those Black faces of white supremacy:

Once upon a time, every student of history – and that meant pretty much everyone with a high school education – knew this: The Democratic Party was the party of slavery and Jim Crow, and the Republican Party was the party of emancipation and racial integration.
Democrats were the Confederacy and Republicans were the Union. Jim Crow Democrats were dominant in the South and socially tolerant Republicans were dominant in the North.
But then, in the 1960s and 70s, everything supposedly flipped: suddenly the Republicans became the racists and the Democrats became the champions of civil rights.
Fabricated by left-leaning academic elites and journalists, the story went like this: Republicans couldn’t win a national election by appealing to the better nature of the country; they could only win by appealing to the worst. Attributed to Richard Nixon, the media’s all-purpose bad guy, this came to be known as “The Southern Strategy.”

It was very simple. Win elections by winning the South. And to win the South, appeal to racists. So, the Republicans, the party of Lincoln, were to now be labeled the party of rednecks.  But this story of the two parties switching identities is a myth. In fact, it’s three myths wrapped into one false narrative.
Let’s take a brief look at each myth in turn.

Myth Number One: In order to be competitive in the South, Republicans started to pander to white racists in the 1960s.

Fact: Republicans actually became competitive in the South as early as 1928, when Republican Herbert Hoover won over 47 percent of the South’s popular vote against Democrat Al Smith. In 1952, Republican President Dwight Eisenhower won the southern states of Tennessee, Florida and Virginia. And in 1956, he picked up Louisiana, Kentucky and West Virginia, too. And that was after he supported the Supreme Court decision in Brown v. Board of Education that desegregated public schools; and after he sent the 101st Airborne to Little Rock Central High School to enforce integration.

Myth Number Two: Southern Democrats, angry with the Civil Rights Act of 1964, switched parties.

Fact: Of the 21 Democratic senators who opposed the Civil Rights Act, just one became a Republican. The other 20 continued to be elected as Democrats, or were replaced by other Democrats. On average, those 20 seats didn’t go Republican for another two-and-a-half decades.

Myth Number Three: Since the implementation of the Southern Strategy, the Republicans have dominated the South.

Fact: Richard Nixon, the man who is often credited with creating the Southern Strategy, lost the Deep South in 1968. In contrast, Democrat Jimmy Carter nearly swept the region in 1976 - 12 years after the Civil Rights Act of 1964. And in 1992, over 28 years later, Democrat Bill Clinton won Georgia, Louisiana, Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky and West Virginia. The truth is, Republicans didn’t hold a majority of southern congressional seats until 1994, 30 years after the Civil Rights Act.
As Kevin Williamson of the National Review writes: “If southern rednecks ditched the Democrats because of a civil-rights law passed in 1964, it is strange that they waited until the late 1980s and early 1990s to do so. They say things move slower in the south -- but not that slow.”

So, what really happened? Why does the South now vote overwhelmingly Republican? Because the South itself has changed. Its values have changed. The racism that once defined it, doesn’t anymore. Its values today are conservative ones: pro-life, pro-gun, and pro-small government.
And here’s the proof: Southern whites are far more likely to vote for a black conservative, like Senator Tim Scott of South Carolina, than a white liberal.
In short, history has moved on. Like other regions of the country, the South votes values, not skin color. The myth of the Southern Strategy is just the Democrats’ excuse for losing the South, and yet another way to smear Republicans with the label “racist.”

https://assets.ctfassets.net/qnesrjodfi80/4HwShLMThuei4IEgoMCwWg/7b8f0c09b9588543fa96a5d4ba21a8dc/swain-why_did_the_democratic_south_become_republican-transcript.pdf

I guess yours is just on the fritz?

No, its not on the fritz, I just have the gain set so as not to pick up frivolous activity.

I must admit....of all the defenses you could have thrown out, the Southern Strategy being a myth was definitely not one that I saw coming.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Researching George Wallace; he ran for president in 64 as a Dem. 68 as an American Independent, 72 and 76 as a Dem.  I’m not familiar with any of the old racist Democrats that switched parties, maybe you can enlighten me.

So you've never heard of Strom Thurmond? 

Just doing a quick Google search you can find a list of politicians who switched parties, and why. You'll also see that switching parties didn't happen all that often until the 60s, and didn't really pick up steam until the 80s, so it's not something that people did lightly.

So, what really happened? Why does the South now vote overwhelmingly Republican? Because the South itself has changed. Its values have changed. The racism that once defined it, doesn’t anymore. Its values today are conservative ones: pro-life, pro-gun, and pro-small government.

I would absolutely love this woman to tell me how these values are different from what the south had before.

And here’s the proof: Southern whites are far more likely to vote for a black conservative, like Senator Tim Scott of South Carolina, than a white liberal.

Are you really going to pretend it's that simple? Race is not the only issue out there. I'm sure you know an even larger issue because you bring it up in every discussion about guns killing children. Abortion is the single most important issue for a huge portion of conservatives. Most will not even consider a Democrat because of it.

The Southern Strategy was not a myth, you're just focusing on one issue of it. Yes, it was mainly an appeal to those who were against the Civil Rights Act and desegregation, but other issues common to most against it were also used as a wedge, including abortion and gun rights. 

And let me clarify further: I am not saying that the south is just as bad as it was 60 years ago. I absolutely am not. I am also, once again, not saying that all, or even most, Republicans are racist, but the simple fact is that the Republican Party was where southern politicians and voters unhappy with desegregation shifted to. It didn't all happen overnight, but it did happen.

Edited by Leftfield
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/23/2023 at 4:55 PM, Son of A Tiger said:

I'm not a fan of either one but I love to see AOC get schooled.

Ted Cruz reminds AOC her own Democrat Party founded KKK, wrote Jim Crow laws | Fox News

Let Fox tell us about American history. Like, in olden days, the Southern Democrats were the racist party, lynching and killing and enslaving, KKK, and Jim Crow continuing enslavement.

Then, suddenly, the REPUBLICAN party adopted all of these Southern discriminatory politics and, suddenly, the Democrats became the party of the working man, the minorities, the disadvantaged, the unions, etc. FDR and the New Deal and the presidents who followed.

Fox ---- yep, they know history, and they tell their viewers how magical the neo-Nazi right wing Republicans are -- how they are going to save us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Leftfield said:

So you've never heard of Strom Thurmond? 

Yes, he seems to be the ONLY Senator to change sides as pointed out in Carol’s article.

You'll also see that switching parties didn't happen all that often until the 60s, and didn't really pick up steam until the 80s, so it's not something that people did lightly.

This from the article:  On average, those 20 seats didn’t go Republican for another two-and-a-half decades.  So you and Carol agree.

Race is not the only issue out there.

I agree, it is not the only issue out there, but it is the one the Democrats have been pushing since Johnson.  Biden makes as speech at Howard, a HBCU, that white supremacy is the #1 threat to the US, you have a lot of the MSM focusing on white supremest to the point they push non white perpetrators as white supremest, you have Democrat Governors and Senators pushing reparation and the NAACP comes out and declares Florida as a state that is openly hostile to African Americans just before DeSantis announces his run for the presidency.

So the overriding message is if you don’t vote Democrat and a Republican gets in office, we can’t help you.  But as you say it isn’t the only issue out there.  Its about keeping that demographic voting Democrat or the Republicans *will put you back in chains* or *if you don’t know who to vote for; you ain’t black*.

I'm sure you know an even larger issue because you bring it up in every discussion about guns killing children. Abortion is the single most important issue for a huge portion of conservatives.

That is an issue and it is pretty clear women are concerned about their *right to choose*.  Hopefully it will make it through the various state legislatures before the 2024 elections.  I would think the Republican candidate would leave it there instead of falling for the Democrat view that abortion should be codified nationally.  It does affect about half the population.

Other issues common to most against it were also used as a wedge, including abortion and gun rights. 

Both parties used these issues to fund raise and it is such a cash cow neither party wanted to do anything about it.

Republican Party was where southern politicians and voters unhappy with desegregation shifted to. It didn't all happen overnight, but it did happen.

The fact that it took 2 and a half decades to accomplish this *shift* runs contrary to the voters being unhappy with desegregation.  As our very capable VP has said many times “we must be aware of the significance of the passage of time”.  Therefore, in those 25 years or so the voters whose ideals may have been unhappy with desegregation have passed along with the resentment.  But we seemed to have come *full circle* with the desegregation/segregation haven’t we:

Universities are expanding their menu of optional graduation events focused on participants’ identities and segregated by race, ethnicity, sexual orientation and even income.

Georgetown University, the University of Oklahoma, Illinois State University and Grand Valley State University in Michigan are among the growing number of schools holding special ceremonies for Black graduates in upcoming weeks as the academic year winds down.
Dozens of campuses have added special graduations for LGBTQ students, illegal immigrants and Pilipinx — the gender-neutral term for

“Filipino” favored by liberals — in recent years.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/may/5/colleges-expand-segregated-graduation-events/

Ah the party of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.  👊

21 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I can help you out. Democrats are highly racist. 

15 hours ago, Leftfield said:

I must admit....of all the defenses you could have thrown out, the Southern Strategy being a myth was definitely not one that I saw coming.

Of course, cause Republicans are also highly racist.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

19 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

On 5/24/2023 at 1:11 PM, I_M4_AU said:

You can tell from this thread that that some Dems can't accept simple facts yet criticize others for doing likewise. The fact is simple......the KKK was started under some  Democrats' watch no matter what evolved later.

• Like 1