Harsin opens up on Auburn exit

tigers23

We don’t need to ever see anything on this taterhead again. Nothing towards the OP intended here.

I’m not reading that.  I’m sure he has a much different perspective than most others do.   But yeah, he was awful, put us in a huge bind, and he was very well compensated for his pathetic display of coaching and leadership.   So, bye!   Don’t really care what you have to say about your time here.  

• Like 3

I'm assuming this is the Chris Low article?  I read it earlier.  Kind of article that comes out when a coach is looking for a new job.  "Hey don't forget about me!"  Harsin may end up a head coach at a G5 program again but he will never coach a major program again. 

42 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I’m not reading that.  I’m sure he has a much different perspective than most others do.   But yeah, he was awful, put us in a huge bind, and he was very well compensated for his pathetic display of coaching and leadership.   So, bye!   Don’t really care what you have to say about your time here.  

thanx for not shooting the messenger. he just wanted folks to know what is going on and i am surprised someone has not jumped him already. it has happened to me twice and people said worse things than i printed................

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

thanx for not shooting the messenger. he just wanted folks to know what is going on and i am surprised someone has not jumped him already. it has happened to me twice and people said worse things than i printed................

Please don’t misunderstand.   I am always very thankful when you and others post news articles, videos, and other Auburn sports info, and that includes this article @tigers23 posted.    Sometimes I may take issue with the so-called journalist for spewing garbage and calling it reporting.    In this case, it’s not even that.   It’s just disgust towards the former employee the article was about.   I’m just very happy that chapter is over and we can move forward with much better leadership.   That’s 2 years of AU football history I prefer to forget.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Who???????

Said also by recruits the last two years.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

What a coward….the first thing he does is hide behind his family after they were just given quite the inheritance for his utter and abysmal failure. Green was wrong to ever even give him the opportunity. 

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, SuperAUsome09 said:

A stranger to failure, Harsin said he's learning to manage the disappointment of his Auburn tenure after his immense success at Boise State

image.jpeg.39571967c2af9741733fd707ab613c14.jpeg

Harsin’s definitely not a stranger to failure any longer, that’s for sure!

• Like 1

Every story, comment and interview of Harsin after he left has been almost childishly incomplete. He blew it in obvious and beffudling ways like not "buying into" NIL when it was clearly the future of recruiting and his not hoping on a plane to Auburn when the heart of his team started transferring out. But everybody that was paying attention knows what he's talking about with the character assassination comments. Crazy, irresponsible and unfounded gossip and rumors about extramarital affairs etc got legs and a LOT of folks that wanted him gone bought into the blather. Say what you like about his coaching failure at Auburn but the man endured shameful sliming on his way out. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes it could’ve/ should’ve been handled a lot better than what it was. A lot is unknown of Greene’s management or lack of management in this situation also. But the bottom line is that when he left, it was like we had been given the death penalty and was on our last gasp of air. Thank God and Greyhound, he’s gone.

• Like 1

We should have not crossed the line when it comes to Harsin's family. However, why didn't Harsin do his due diligence before accepting the job? IMO it supports many people's opinion that he didn't give 2 ISH about AU and was in over his head. I don't agree with the tactic but it came AFTER seeing that he had zero interest in recruiting and being called out by players. He didn't take enough accountability in regards to the specifics that he was able to control during his time here. Be specific! You were a lazy azz coach that didn't recruit and had limited connections with his players!

Harsin should've had the same drive and attitude that Hugh has when it comes to being the HC at AU. An interim coach with less than 4 years of college coaching experience outperformed Harsin. And if it was all AU's fault, why hasn't he found a new job yet?

I'm just happy we pulled the plug on him. At times, it seems like we're a pretty split fanbase but the day Harsin was fired I couldn't find not one AU fan who wasn't rejoicing! All of a sudden when we have recruiting momentum he wants to speak on his time at AU. He got his money so let's just all move on. 

• Like 1

• Thanks 1

If I were here him, I would’ve laid low, taken some accountability, and moved on. The ego got the best of him and was a major reason why he got fired. 

• Like 6

This cat came in and was one of the most disruptive forces in the history of our program. All he wants to talk about was how he was done wrong. All but a glossing over statement about ‘sure there are things we could have done better….but look at how successful we’ve been elsewhere’

Dude still doesn’t get it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

So, Covid kept him from leaving the office to actually visit recruits that were on campus? For a guy that preached(over and over) about accountabily, he has none. Barbee is now the 2nd worst coach in Auburn history.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1