Auburn recruiting and Bucc-ee's

Tigermike

The Ole Miss one is pretty cringe…Chevron?! Of course Lane and them would be so silly. The Memphis one is pretty legit with the Bass Pro Shop in the pyramid. 

Seems Like Arch would put a Bucees in College Station since he went to College there

Texas A&M University has announced that former student Arch “Beaver” Aplin III — one of the university’s most successful entrepreneurs — is contributing $50 million toward establishing an academic center that will serve as an immersive learning laboratory for students.

“When Beaver Aplin does something, it’s never halfway!” said Texas A&M University System Chancellor John Sharp. “The love he has and shows for Texas A&M and Aggies is inspirational and appreciated. This is an awesome gift and will position Texas A&M to become the top hospitality program in the nation.”

1 hour ago, AUTime said:

Seems Like Arch would put a Bucees in College Station since he went to College there

Texas A&M University has announced that former student Arch “Beaver” Aplin III — one of the university’s most successful entrepreneurs — is contributing $50 million toward establishing an academic center that will serve as an immersive learning laboratory for students.

“When Beaver Aplin does something, it’s never halfway!” said Texas A&M University System Chancellor John Sharp. “The love he has and shows for Texas A&M and Aggies is inspirational and appreciated. This is an awesome gift and will position Texas A&M to become the top hospitality program in the nation.”

There is a Buc-ees between Houston and College Station, but it is not that close to College Station.

• Like 2

If I was 18, the last thing I would give two craps about is what kind of gas station is out by the interstate.  SMDH

• Haha 3

On 5/28/2023 at 7:13 AM, AU9377 said:

If I was 18, the last thing I would give two craps about is what kind of gas station is out by the interstate.  SMDH

@AU9377Bucee's is much more than a gas station. You can get some damn good food, unique and yummy snacks, and a lot of different stuff to go in and around the house.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@AU9377Bucee's is much more than a gas station. You can get some damn good food, unique and yummy snacks, and a lot of different stuff to go in and around the house.

It’s so crowded at ours that I won’t even go yet . Been open about six months and it’s ridiculous.

• Like 1

Just now, toddc said:

It’s so crowded at ours that I won’t even go yet . Been open about six months and it’s ridiculous.

It won't thin out. They're constantly full.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2023 at 7:13 AM, AU9377 said:

I stopped at the one in Athens Alabama yesterday. 120 gas pumps and had to wait 5 minutes to get to one. Then went inside and had to weave through the crowd to get to the restroom. Welcomed by a chorus of "welcome to Buc-cees", the place is spotless and impeccably merchandised, especially with the number of people who can't shop without destroying an entire display before deciding which one they want. Compare that to the usual gas station with over filled trash cans, restrooms that might have been cleaned yesterday and a person behind the counter wearing earbuds and you see that Buc-cees isn't just a gas station.

When I was 18 there was still a man that came out and filled my tank for me though, so what do I know?

Edited by gr82be
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, gr82be said:

When I was 18 there was still a man that came out and filled my tank for me though, so what do I know?

cans-the.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

I stopped at the one in Athens Alabama yesterday. 120 gas pumps and had to wait 5 minutes to get to one. Then went inside and had to weave through the crowd to get to the restroom. Welcomed by a chorus of "welcome to Buc-cees", the place is spotless and impeccably merchandised, especially with the number of people who can't shop without destroying an entire display before deciding which one they want. Compare that to the usual gas station with over filled trash cans, restrooms that might have been cleaned yesterday and a person behind the counter wearing earbuds and you see that Buc-cees isn't just a gas station.

I live in Athens and that’s the one I was talking about.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

In my day he filled your tank, washed your windshield, checked air in the tires, and checked everything under the hood.  All for about $.35 per gallon (regular gas, not ETHYL)😀.  Plus he did it with a smile as he was happy to have a job.

Edited by tinman1
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

I respect an establishment where I can get a BBQ turkey sandwich, a deer stand, fudge, a purse for my wife, and patriotic artwork for my home; all from one place. 😂

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, tinman1 said:

In my day he filled your tank, washed your windshield, and checked everything under the hood.  All for about $.35 per gallon.  

Yeah, I remember that too.  And if you jumped out of your car and tried to pump the gas yourself they would get POed.

if you guys think the one in Auburn is crowded....try driving by the one in Baldwin County.  its unreal the amount of people.  its about 10-12 miles from my house and i've gotten gas once.  its insane....every time i drive by on way to my daughter's in FL, just a mass of vehicles.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

And great for the local economy. It's essentially become a tourist attraction that benefits other businesses. Plus for a gas station, they pay very well and have great benefits. 

• Like 4

For those that don't give a crap if Auburn has a Buc-ees or helps in any way. This morning on Sirius XM they gave 10 minute shout out to the Auburn Social Media Department for posting. Nothing but positives from the radio hosts.

• Like 4

I think having a buckees should be worth a little bump!

This is proof to me that we can get back up quickly with the right coaching, and I really think CHF is that coach.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 3

Living in Auburn has it's perks. However....between a shopaholic wife, my BBQ addiction, and the Dr. Pepper Slushie, Buccee's has required it's own separate monetary policy in the family budget.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, SuperAUsome09 said:

Living in Auburn has it's perks. However....between a shopaholic wife, my BBQ addiction, and the Dr. Pepper Slushie, Buccee's has required it's own separate monetary policy in the family budget.

Didn’t know about the Dr Pepper slushy. I know what I’m getting on my next visit. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Didn’t know about the Dr Pepper slushy. I know what I’m getting on my next visit. 

I've been searching my grocery stores for this. No luck yet. 

REVIEW: Blue Bell Dr Pepper Float Ice Cream - The Impulsive Buy

• Love 1

I'm not a fan of any oversized convenience store that my wife and kids beg me to stop at so that we can spend $75 on things we don't need, and fight through wall-wall crowds.

Prop-tip...if you want to avoid the crowds, go on a random Tue/Wed/Thurs in February.  If you pull into one on a Holiday weekend, you're going to get what you deserve.

19 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I'm not a fan of any oversized convenience store that my wife and kids beg me to stop at so that we can spend $75 on things we don't need, and fight through wall-wall crowds.

Prop-tip...if you want to avoid the crowds, go on a random Tue/Wed/Thurs in February.  If you pull into one on a Holiday weekend, you're going to get what you deserve.

It’s 24/7 at the Athens Alabama store.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, toddc said:

It’s 24/7 at the Athens Alabama store.

There's definitely some down time at the one on 75 between Chattanooga and Atlanta...late at night, business weekdays, and non-travel heavy months.

• Like 1