56 Wreck tech parade

aubiefifty

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Two comments:

The 1956 video had some fine examples of Auburn engineering to be able to have those wrecks drive the way they did.  Bravo.

In the 1983 video there was a float the proudly state “Catch a Buzz, Aubie”.  Did you come up with that one Fifty?

Edited by I_M4_AU
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Two comments:

The 1956 video had some fine examples of Auburn engineering to be able to have those wrecks drive the way they did.  Bravo.

In the 1983 video there was a float the proudly state “Catch a Buzz, Abbie”.  Did you come up with that one Fifty?

no sir i did not............just luck.

• Like 1

The Wreck Tech parade down at Auburn use to be SO much fun. Some of the nuttiest and most creative floats you'd ever want to see. I sure hated to see it go.

• Like 1

Good excuse to wear pajamas all day long!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Good excuse to wear pajamas all day long!

in the tech parade i saw many of the football players wore womens PJ's and wigs. and they stuffed their bosom enough to make any hooters girls proud. this was early sixties.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

in the tech parade i saw many of the football players wore womens PJ's and wigs. and they stuffed their bosom enough to make any hooters girls proud. this was early sixties.

They did it in the eighties too my friend. 😝 

2 minutes ago, toddc said:

They did it in the eighties too my friend. 😝 

i never saw those.

26 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i never saw those.

I see you had football players and I just meant frats and stuff. My reading comprehension is a little slow the last few days 

I'm in that video of the 1983 Parade - running along between two groups as a marshall - wearing a visor and a white Auburn sweatshirt  - had never seen it until just recently but remember it like it was yesterday - 

• Like 2

Thanks for posting those...

Somewhere I have some pictures of the 1987 Wreck Tech parade, which was the last one (unless there were parades in '03 and '05 when we played them).

it appears some folks do not remember the hate for tech. i am not exactly how the hate started but i joined right in with them.

7 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Those were always fun . I despised GT about as much as bammer.

8 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

it appears some folks do not remember the hate for tech. i am not exactly how the hate started but i joined right in with them.

There were several reasons. One is they thought it was beneath them to come to Auburn so we always had to play them and the Pinkerton detectives in Atlanta. They could never get over Auburn students greasing the railroad tracks at the Auburn Depot causing their train to slide aways down the tracks so they had to walk back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1