@ Bama
@ UGA
FL
LSU
Arky
@ Ole Miss
@ Miss St.
A&M

Will be interesting to see what the new schedule is.

New schedule to be released June 14th.

• Like 1

It was just going to be the 2019 schedule but flipped (2014-2021, 2015-2020 w/o added games, 2016-2023, 2018-2025 original, 2019-2024 original).

The nice thing is they can pick opponents without patterns since it's just one or possibly two years and without divisions, and therefore fill every "need" (tradition vs. equity).

I was tinkering with this last night...came up with 21 out of 64 matchups.

Alabama--Auburn, LSU, MSU, Tennessee

Arkansas--Missouri, Texas

Auburn--Alabama, Georgia, Vanderbilt

Florida--Georgia, Tennessee

Georgia--Auburn, Florida, USC

Kentucky--USC, Tennessee

LSU--Alabama, Mississippi, TAMU

Mississippi--LSU, MSU

MSU--Alabama, Mississippi, Vanderbilt

Missouri--Arkansas, Oklahoma

Oklahoma--Missouri, Texas

USC--Georgia, Kentucky

Tennessee--Alabama, Florida, Kentucky, Vanderbilt

Texas--Arkansas, Oklahoma, TAMU

TAMU--LSU, Texas

Vanderbilt--Auburn, MSU, Tennessee

Edited by AUwent

33 minutes ago, AUwent said:

It was just going to be the 2019 schedule but flipped (2014-2021, 2015-2020, 2016-2023, 2018-2025 original, 2019-2024 original).

The nice thing is they can pick opponents without patterns since it's just one or possibly two years and without divisions, and therefore fill every "need" (tradition vs. equity).

I was tinkering with this last night...came up with 21 out of 64 matchups.

Alabama--Auburn, LSU, MSU, Tennessee

Arkansas--Missouri, Texas

Auburn--Alabama, Georgia, Vanderbilt

Florida--Georgia, Tennessee

Kentucky--USC, Tennessee

LSU--Alabama, Mississippi, TAMU

Mississippi--LSU, MSU

MSU--Alabama, Mississippi, Vanderbilt

Missouri--Arkansas, Oklahoma

Oklahoma--Missouri, Texas

USC--Georgia, Kentucky

Tennessee--Alabama, Florida, Kentucky, Vanderbilt

Texas--Arkansas, Oklahoma, TAMU

TAMU--LSU, Texas

Vanderbilt--Auburn, MSU, Tennessee

This does not make sense. Based on what Sankey said today, with scrapping of divisions and doing the schedules based on balance, teams may not get the 6 former division foes they were going to get in 2024.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

This does not make sense. Based on what Sankey said today, with scrapping of divisions and doing the schedules based on balance, teams may noy=t get the 6 former division foes they were going to get in 2024.

That's what I was saying. The original 2024 SEC schedule, which you posted, was the 2019 schedule but flipped. The original 2025 schedule, by the same token, was the 2018 schedule but flipped (@ Tennessee).

Edited by AUwent

26 minutes ago, AUwent said:

That's what I was saying. The original 2024 SEC schedule, which you posted, was the 2019 schedule but flipped. The original 2025 schedule, by the same token, was the 2018 schedule but flipped (@ Tennessee).

I ain't worried about or talking about anything past 2024. And I think some of your schedules haven't gone far enough on some teams and too far on others. For a 2024 one off I think even team gets their top 3 & in some cases, top 4 rivals then balance out from there. For example, we may get Vandy & a couple lesser teams to try to help with balance but I think we would get LSU as a 3rd major rival.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I ain't worried about or talking about anything past 2024. And I think some of your schedules haven't gone far enough on some teams and too far on others. For a 2024 one off I think even team gets their top 3 & in some cases, top 4 rivals then balance out from there. For example, we may get Vandy & a couple lesser teams to try to help with balance but I think we would get LSU as a 3rd major rival.

As I said, I've only filled 21 of 64 games.

37 minutes ago, woodford said:

Going to be an absolute shame if we lose tDSOR

Every other year is not losing the rivalry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

Awaya: Bama, UGA, LSU, Texas

Home: Vandy, Scar, Kentucky, Mizzou, Cal

Amazing year

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Awaya: Bama, UGA, LSU, Texas

Home: Vandy, Scar, Kentucky, Mizzou, Cal

Amazing year

Would love to get Texas but I think Florida is more likely. Also I would think we get LSU at home.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

we get LSU at home

Home/Aways are going to get thrown out and all screwed up.

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

but I think Florida is more likely.

That would give us 4 of the top 5 and unlikely. Goes directly against the "balance" Sankey discussed today

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I think it is. There are no great college football rivalries that play every other year. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, cbo said:

I think it is. There are no great college football rivalries that play every other year. 

While I would hate to lose the Georgia game annually it's not the frequency that makes a rivalry, it's the teams. Ali and Frazier didn't fight every year but it was a hell of a rivalry. It will still be the DSOR. The only way that ceases is to stop playing all together which isn't going to happen. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, cbo said:

There are about to be some. Just the nature of things now.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cbo said:

Two years to gloat or seethe will charge up the intensity for that game

• Like 4

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

I disagree. It's an annual rivalry that has existed since February 20, 1892. It will not be the same. It will fade over time. Just like the rivalries with Florida, Tennessee, and Georgia Tech have faded. 

• Like 4

Regards to the schedule I think I'd lean towards wanting to host Oklahoma instead of Texas if we get either of them in 24. OU deserves some revenge for the 2017 Sugar Bowl.

15 hours ago, gr82be said:

While I would hate to lose the Georgia game annually it's not the frequency that makes a rivalry, it's the teams. Ali and Frazier didn't fight every year but it was a hell of a rivalry. It will still be the DSOR. The only way that ceases is to stop playing all together which isn't going to happen. 

It's just personal preference, I guess. I'd like to have the Georgia game every year but it seems most don't feel that way. 

There have been so many sweeping changes to college football lately. Most of which I'm glad to see. But I think it's important to keep traditional rivalries intact, when possible. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

It's just personal preference, I guess. I'd like to have the Georgia game every year but it seems most don't feel that way. 

There have been so many sweeping changes to college football lately. Most of which I'm glad to see. But I think it's important to keep traditional rivalries intact, when possible. 

Understand completely. I'm not going to be one of those fans who says we don't need to play Bama or Georgia every year because it's too difficult and others have it easier. They will both drop off at some point and I want Auburn there the minute they do. If we lose Georgia in the process annually due to a rotation then okay I guess but it's not my preference either. But I do think the rivalry will still work. 

• Like 2

How long does the SECCG hang around? Again, I love it because it’s a great tradition but sometimes it can pointless with a 4 team playoff. 

I’m leaning towards it will mean even less with a 12 team playoff. It will become a cheap TV ratings extravaganza. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, woodford said:

It will not be the same. It will fade over time

Not with the animosity between the two teams and playing every other year .

15 hours ago, woodford said:

Just like the rivalries with Florida, Tennessee

There’s a massive difference between playing a team every other year as opposed to every six years

7 hours ago, woodford said:

I’m leaning towards it will mean even less with a 12 team playoff. It will become a cheap TV ratings extravaganza

Disagree. To many teams the SEC championship means a lot. Also the SECCG will be benificial for seeding purposes since 1-4 will get a bye in the playoffs & 5-8 get home games in the 1st round.

14 hours ago, woodford said:

How long does the SECCG hang around? Again, I love it because it’s a great tradition but sometimes it can pointless with a 4 team playoff. 

I’m leaning towards it will mean even less with a 12 team playoff. It will become a cheap TV ratings extravaganza. 

SWCCG isn’t going away

It means a ton. Right now it is essentially and Auto-Bye in the new playoff system

• Like 1