Here's a copy of my math exam

How do you think I fared? :roflol:

stestkz9.gif

Lord looking at that gives me bad flashbacks. Anyone care to explain to me why I have to have a math minor and I hardly EVER use math...ever...at my job...

BamaGrad03, it's because one day your children will need help with their math homework, and you don't want your wife to do that do you? :blink:;)

What kind of job requires no math use? Psychology, sociology, some other -ology?

BamaGrad03, it's because one day your children will need help with their math homework, and you don't want your wife to do that do you?  :blink:   ;)

What kind of job requires no math use? Psychology, sociology, some other -ology?

248697[/snapback]

The kind of math I had to take in college will be of no help to my future children...because they wouldnt hit it until they got to college..and at that time ill say "figure it out".

I am a software engineer. I use math but little to none on the scale that I had to learn at Bama. I mean i finished all the calculus and they said "congrats...you learned the easy way to do it...now its time to learn the hard way"

Just because you had a few proofs and theorems does not make you a minor. :poke: . The matrices, number theory, MLD, combinatorics were all kind of entertaining. Its the theory of linear alg, calc, and my favorite, "why the hell did I major in math," that made it interesting. :o

Now days they tell you not to teach your children math the same as we learned. Once again, they've changed it. I thought it was pretty straight forward growing up. Most math was memorizing the formulas anyway. Now they have little matrices and funky ways of learning division. I showed my kid long division and he thought it was easier.

Just because you had a few proofs and theorems does not make you a minor.  :poke: . The matrices, number theory, MLD, combinatorics were all kind of entertaining. Its the theory of linear alg, calc, and my favorite, "why the hell did I major in math," that made it interesting. :o

Now days they tell you not to teach your children math the same as we learned. Once again, they've changed it. I thought it was pretty straight forward growing up. Most math was memorizing the formulas anyway. Now they have little matrices and funky ways of learning division. I showed my kid long division and he thought it was easier.

248767[/snapback]

I thought linear algebra was the easiest class I took in the math dept. Matrix Theory was pretty easy. Cal III was ok. Cal II sucked. Numerical Analysis was the class i hated most in 5 years at Bama.

Just because you had a few proofs and theorems does not make you a minor.  :poke: . The matrices, number theory, MLD, combinatorics were all kind of entertaining. Its the theory of linear alg, calc, and my favorite, "why the hell did I major in math," that made it interesting. :o

248767[/snapback]

I thought linear algebra was the easiest class I took in the math dept. Matrix Theory was pretty easy. Cal III was ok. Cal II sucked. Numerical Analysis was the class i hated most in 5 years at Bama.

248779[/snapback]

Yeah. And you probably only had to take one of them. Math majors had to take 3 quarters of it. THE worst "4" quarters of my life. ;)

You should give Quantum Physics a shot! :D

Archived