Fair article

TigerOne

I do not agtree with everything there and I have to take issue with most of it, Had Pruett been here when the story broke he would likely have a totally different view.

There maybe some extra pressure on ole John as well...

Reads to me like "Crap! I'm the only one in the country who hasn't written about this! Better get in on it before the boss says something!"

Reads to me like "Crap!  I'm the only one in the country who hasn't written about this!  Better get in on it before the boss says something!"

248669[/snapback]

:clap: More than you will ever know Mark, more then you will ever know.

may not agree with everything but there are some truths here.

Pruett is probably the best true journalist in the state, usually

level headed and balanced

http://www.al.com/sports/huntsvilletimes/j...6880.xml&coll=1

248664[/snapback]

Hate to bust the bubble... but Pruett has always been a die-hard bama fan. In no way is he even close to the best true journalist in his own city.

I didn't see it as fair. It still blows it way out of proportion. The only embarassing aspect of the story is that Auburn retains a prof. who puts his interests above his employer's and his students. There were ways to address his concerns. In fact, the matter had already been resolved.this whole thing is bunk!

may not agree with everything but there are some truths here.

Pruett is probably the best true journalist in the state, usually

level headed and balanced

http://www.al.com/sports/huntsvilletimes/j...6880.xml&coll=1

248664[/snapback]

John Pruitt is his name. He grew up in Auburn and actually had Shug Jordan shake his hand when he was a kid and invite him to come to AU games with his parents. He graduated from Georgia with his journalism degree and has written many a good stories about Auburn and has supported AU over the years. But at one point his son was being looked at by AU as a kicker and they did not offer him a scholarship. I am told by someone who worked with him in the Army reserves that it was at this point he turned against AU. His line of writing and who he has added at the Times supports that story. There are no AU grads on this staff and non are AU fans. All are uat or ut fans when it comes time to telling who you pull for. The Marshall homer that writes AU articles is a uat grad. Get the picture ? If there was a united effort by AU alum and supporters to dump purchasing the HSV times I would support it as feeling the money pinch is the only way to get these guys to put out true facts and telling it like it happens. They are so busy doing the uat spin that it is sick.

Archived