Is it just me?

I talking about the quality of online videos. There is no crispness to them. Is it because of storage, bad equipment or what? I have compaq presario 5420US with a HP L1706 LCD monitor. I know my video card is lacking and my processor speed is 1.47 gig AMD Athlon XP 1700.

System Memory

512MB 133 MHz SyncDRAM, 2 Total DIMM Slots - Maximum of 512MB (SyncDRAM DIMM required)

Graphics

Integrated Savage4 AGP Graphics with 8 MB Dynamically allocated as video memory

Processor

AMD Athlonâ„¢ XP Processor Model 1700 (1.47 GHz)

System Bus

266 MHz System Bus

Power Supply

Steady-state 250 watts

Expansion Slots

• One (1) PCI slot with modem installed

• One (1) PCI slot with network card installed

• One (1) AGP slot open for expansion

• One (1) PCI slots open for expansion

Maybe I should got MAC real soon?

You really need a minimum of 3GHz processor speed with system memory of 1GB to handle the graphics to go with your card upgrade.

You really need a minimum of 3GHz processor speed with system memory of 1GB to handle the graphics to go with your card upgrade.

249440[/snapback]

What kind of videos are you trying to view? Depending on your selection, perhaps periodically cleaning the screen might be advised?

:poke:

249440[/snapback]

What kind of videos are you trying to view? Depending on your selection, perhaps periodically cleaning the screen might be advised?

249776[/snapback]

:big::big::big::big:

There are two problems with online video:

One the video was recorded with really poor compression so to satisfy the need for low bandwidth and not clog up the internet with enormously large video files.

The more likely is that it came from a feed/recording made for television. 99% of videos you see that were for example, a short clip of a football game...were recorded at 640x480 pixel resolution. (basically standard definition television).

MOST people run their monitors at 1024x768 or higher. So when said video has to be watched at 1024 but was recorded and intended for 640, it has to stretch and blur to fit the resolution parameters.

There are two problems with online video:

One the video was recorded with really poor compression so to satisfy the need for low bandwidth and not clog up the internet with enormously large video files.

The more likely is that it came from a feed/recording made for television. 99% of videos you see that were for example, a short clip of a football game...were recorded at 640x480 pixel resolution. (basically standard definition television).

MOST people run their monitors at 1024x768 or higher. So when said video has to be watched at 1024 but was recorded and intended for 640, it has to stretch and blur to fit the resolution parameters.

249936[/snapback]

Thanks Bro.

249440[/snapback]

249776[/snapback]

Dirty-mindedness? LOL.

Archived