Salem woman forgets the cardinal rule of running

Keep them well fed

Westmoreland woman found dead in wolf pen

Humane agents warned a Westmoreland County woman it was only a matter of time before the wolf hybrids she kept as pets turned on her. Authorities are trying to determine if the pets attacked and killed Sandra L. Piovesan, whose body was found mauled in the fenced pen where the hybrids were housed on her Salem Township property.

Cyril Wecht and Associates is conducting an autopsy to determine if Piovesan, 50, was stricken by a medical problem or was killed by what authorities described as wolf hybrids, also known as wolf dogs.

Piovesan, who lived alone, had raised and bred wolf hybrids for several years, sometimes drawing complaints from neighbors to township and state officials.

(snip)

Piovesan's daughter, Crystal, found her mother's body when she went to the home yesterday morning after Piovesan failed to meet her for breakfast.

State police Trooper Brian Gross said Piovesan's body was mauled "pretty bad" by the hybrids.

Gross said humane officers tranquilized the six animals before troopers shot and killed them.

"When we approached the pen, the wolves were excited, acting in a pack, walking side to side along the (8-foot-high) fence," Gross said.

He said troopers spoke with Piovesan's family before putting down the animals to protect those who retrieved the body.

Family and friends said Piovesan adored her exotic pets and always went into the pen to feed them.

She sometimes kept nearly a dozen wolf hybrids and occasionally invited visitors inside the pen to see them. She built a playground with tunnels and climbing stations for the animals.

Wolf hybrids do not make good pets, experts say.

Link

YA THINK.

People. Please remember that "Gentle Ben" was only a TV show. Normally you will be eaten by any animal that considers you FOOD. Do not keep these types of animals as pets. They are only raising YOU to be on the menu.

YA THINK.

People. Please remember that "Gentle Ben" was only a TV show. Normally you will be eaten by any animal that considers you FOOD. Do not keep these types of animals as pets. They are only raising YOU to be on the menu.

249643[/snapback]

So my idea of raising grizzlies and charging the neighborhood kids for bear rides isn't going to make me a millionaire?

What am I going to do with all these bears?

Since you are over toward the West side of the state I bet you could sell them.....You will just have to advertise them as "bars". Should be off your hands in no time.

Since you are over toward the West side of the state I bet you could sell them.....You will just have to advertise them as "bars".  Should be off your hands in no time.

249657[/snapback]

Tape a "trunk" on their nose and sell them to Bammers for miniture elephants!

YA THINK.

249643[/snapback]

Truly. I feel the same way about people keeping pythons as pets, not to mention tigers or lions. When a wild animal thinks it's time to eat they're going to go find the closest thing to eat. A weak & slow bipedal mammalian creature makes a pretty good meal, apparently.

YA THINK.

249643[/snapback]

So my idea of raising grizzlies and charging the neighborhood kids for bear rides isn't going to make me a millionaire?

What am I going to do with all these bears?

249650[/snapback]

lol :lol::big:

Archived