UK self reports

DKW 86

http://www.wlextv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5...nav=menu203_4_1

Kentucky turns fan postings in to NCAA as violation

Associated Press

LEXINGTON, Ky. - Kentucky self-reported a secondary NCAA violation because of postings on a potential recruit's MySpace.com Web site, apparently by fans.

The postings on the site of high school basketball star Patrick Patterson, of Huntington High School in West Virginia, tried to entice him to attend Kentucky, WLEX-TV in Lexington reported.

"Fans are not allowed to interact with recruitable student athletes," Kentucky athletics spokesman Scott Stricklin said Wednesday. "We had to report that to the NCAA."

Patterson was named West Virginia Player of the Year and led Huntington High to its second straight state title this year.

Stricklin said when fans contact potential recruits, the school tries to educate them not do to that or it will hurt the school.

He said if that takes care of the problem there would likely be no further action.

Now that is just stupid that they even felt they had to report that. One, they can't control the internet or every person in the world that uses it, and two any jack or jill could go to a site like that and claim to be a X fan and try and talk someone into going somewhere hoping to get that school in trouble.

Now that is just stupid that they even felt they had to report that. One, they can't control the internet or every person in the world that uses it, and two any jack or jill could go to a site like that and claim to be a X fan and try and talk someone into going somewhere hoping to get that school in trouble.

250333[/snapback]

I agree. This is for all intents and purposes unenforceble. Heck, don't you know every top recruit runs into tons of people in his hometown who casually badger him about going to their particular alma mater or favorite school. Probably happens everytime he gets recognized at a restaurant or store. I suppose an e-mail or MySPace posting takes slightly more effort, but that doesn't prevent every Tom, Dick and Harry from doing it if they want to.

The NCAA has enough trouble chasing down the serious Logan Young-type "Booster/recruiters". It has no resources to waste chasing random idiots, and neither do the individual colleges.

I agree with you. It doesn't need to be reported, but in reality, what's the harm of reporting it and looking squeaky clean and staying in the Mighty NC2A's good graces.

You know, little angels that they are..... :angel:

AYE THANX FA DA ADD BUT NE WAYZ MY BROTHA WANTED 2 KNO WEN CAN HE C HIZ GOD BABY (((DONTA))) IN CASE U DIDNT KNO HOLLA AT ME LATA!!!

:slapfh:

What's this world coming to?

This is just silly. No wonder kids like Rowell get robbed of their eligibility...the NCAA is swamped with crap like this. The NCAA will never be able to control what fans do on the internet. :wacko:

Allow me to translate

AYE THANX FA DA ADD BUT NE WAYZ MY BROTHA WANTED 2 KNO WEN CAN HE C HIZ GOD BABY (((DONTA))) IN CASE U DIDNT KNO HOLLA AT ME LATA!!!
AYE THANX FA DA ADD

Hi, thank you for adding me to your friend's list.

BUT NE WAYZ MY BROTHA WANTED 2 KNO WEN CAN HE C HIZ GOD BABY (((DONTA)))

The reason I was contacting you was to ask you a question on behalf of my brother. He was curious as to when he might have another opportunity to spend time with his God daughter, and your child, "Donta"

IN CASE U DIDNT KNO HOLLA AT ME LATA!!!

If you were wondering, I will be available later...both on MySpace.com and my cellular telephone. You can contact me on either if you wish to talk. Good Bye.

Why didn't you just write it that way in the first place?

JK. Took me a minute, but I was able to decipher it. Completely rediculous. Imagine the freaks this generation will spawn.

Allow me to translate
AYE THANX FA DA ADD

The reason I was contacting you was to ask you a question on behalf of my brother. He was curious as to when he might have another opportunity to spend time with his God daughter, and your child, "Donta"

If you were wondering, I will be available later...both on MySpace.com and my cellular telephone. You can contact me on either if you wish to talk. Good Bye.

250451[/snapback]

Airplane! "Excuse me, but I speak jive."

Imagine the freaks this generation will spawn.

250454[/snapback]

That my friend is the stuff of nightmares. :no:

With this kind of idiocy being passed off as language these days, the US will be on equal footing with Italy in less than 30 years. Nothing but poorly educated, grunting simpletons.

Geez, my head hurts now. Lets hope that this is a second language for them. I will use this in class this fall.

This language must be one of those 6 hour credit classes in the english department at UA.

250571[/snapback]

Ummm...you guys really dont have room to talk right now. :P;)

Allow me to translate
AYE THANX FA DA ADD

250451[/snapback]

LOL :lol:

Imagine some archaeologist 1000 years from now coming across some of this jibber-jabber. They'll spend another 2000 years trying to decypher it.

This language must be one of those 6 hour credit classes in the english department at UA.

250571[/snapback]

Ummm...you guys really dont have room to talk right now. :P;)

250588[/snapback]

According to University of Alabama rules, our stuff is clean. Now your players is a different story, seeing as Closner completed his in a week and Alabama requires 6 weeks.

Before you decide to call me a liar again, go to UA's site and find the rules yourself. Should take 2 minutes.

But if its no room to talk, then I'll take that as an admission that Alabama gives preferential treatement to athletes in the classroom and cheats with your full support.

But if its no room to talk, then I'll take that as an admission that Alabama gives preferential treatement to athletes in the classroom and cheats with your full support.

Yep, you got me. We are all a bunch of cheaters. Everything at AU is 100% perfect and they never do anything wrong. Everything that isnt George Bush's fault is probably the University of Alabama's fault. We are all evil.

Way to take a joke about kentucky and turn it into an Anti Bama whine fest.

I'd like to self report. I ran into a kid at the store who is a pretty good football player. He's in the 10th grade. I greeted him with War Eagle as I know his parents to be Auburn fans.

I'm sure this is a violation.

Yep, you got me. We are all a bunch of cheaters. Everything at AU is 100% perfect and they never do anything wrong. Everything that isnt George Bush's fault is probably the University of Alabama's fault. We are all evil.

Well as long as you admit it, thats the first step to recovery.

You have the same answers for everything, if not someone being false, its someone being anti-bama, or its not the same situation, or Tenn did it.

Archived