Scarbinsky on Borges

DKW 86

You are on an Auburn board trying to defend uat and you call someone else "mentally sick"?

251645[/snapback]

:big::big::big:

I think CTT could possibly move up to AD within 2-4 years and CAB may be given his first real shot at a hc position right here at AU.

251321[/snapback]

Huh? If CTT decides to move on for whatever reason, I wouldn't mind CAB being given a shot as HC. However, do you really think CTT would want to be the AD? And have to deal with the BoD and Lowder even MORE? I seriously doubt it. I certainly don't claim to "be in the know", just expressing an educated opinion, but that would definitely shock me.

I think CTT could possibly move up to AD within 2-4 years and CAB may be given his first real shot at a hc position right here at AU.

251321[/snapback]

Huh? If CTT decides to move on for whatever reason, I wouldn't mind CAB being given a shot as HC. However, do you really think CTT would want to be the AD? And have to deal with the BoD and Lowder even MORE? I seriously doubt it. I certainly don't claim to "be in the know", just expressing an educated opinion, but that would definitely shock me.

251651[/snapback]

By the time Tubs has the choice of moving to the AD position in a few years there will probably be a lot of changes in the BOT. By the way the bama BOTs hate Lowder. That is enough to make me like him :big:

251321[/snapback]

251651[/snapback]

By the time Tubs has the choice of moving to the AD position in a few years there will probably be a lot of changes in the BOT. By the way the bama BOTs hate Lowder. That is enough to make me like him :big:

251653[/snapback]

Probably so, but as long as Lowder is pumping money into the university, he'll probably be on the board pretty much as long as he wants. I would guess that would be enough to make CTT not want to be AD.

One thing to remember in this is that if(make that when) Borges takes an HC position, CTT will have the best of the best interviewing for his replacement. Borges has already made it perfectly plain that this is the best OC situation in the nation. I feel as though as long as CTT is here, we will be able to reload at the coaching postitions as well as the playing postitions.

251306[/snapback]

Of course I hope CAB grows old and retires at Auburn, but still a question:

I don't keep up with too many assistants at other schools. Who, besides Borges, would be considered some of the best offensive coordinators out there at the moment? In other words, who currently would you put at the top of your candidates list for a Borges replacement if it came to that?

[i'm thinking mostly of guys at smaller schools that would see OC at Auburn as a big step up. I'm not sure that an OC at a super-major like Ohio State, Southern Cal, Texas, etc. would consider a lateral move to Auburn--they're probably thinking head coach, NFL, or stay put. But then I never thought Chizik would take a lateral move to Texas either, nor that Saban would chase CWM away from Miami.]

Well, CTT would be crazy to head to A&M at this point. He's rebuilt this program from its ashes, to the point where Auburn is poised to make a national championship run every season. He has a killer coaching staff. Auburn is now an acceptable destination for almost every skill position in the country. Meanwhile, Texas A&M has fallen apart under Franchione's leadership. If I were CTT, I would scoff and say, "Another rebuild job? I've done that already."

As far as CAB goes, he would make a fine head coach somewhere. He has put Auburn on the map. If he makes a decision to go elsewhere, we should all stand up, give him a round of grateful applause and wish him well. However, I cannot see him making the move for any program that can't already contend on a national level.

It would be proven that Logan Young did not die a drunk convicted criminal, but yet a kind, generous open-hearted friend of Paul Bryant.

Same deal with Ken Lay..... when they're dead, give it up. Are you so insecure that it pissed you off that the media didn't come out with a 24/7 Logan Young smear fest?

That's a mental sickness, dude.

251589[/snapback]

Is it Auburn or UAT trying to lease an old mental hospital for classroom space?

This jacket itches.

Archived