Run, Ricky, Run!!!

Captain Liger

Surgery? What a crutch. Give the boy some coke and he'll be good as new.

Link

Ricky Williams will undergo surgery Monday to repair broken bone

July 23, 2006

TORONTO (AP) -- Ricky Williams will undergo surgery Monday to repair a broken left arm and is expected to miss at least four weeks, The Globe and Mail reported Sunday.

Williams was hurt during the first half of a 26-23 win over the Saskatchewan Roughriders on Saturday.

The injury happened when Williams reached out with his left hand to break his fall on the turf at Mosaic Stadium in Regina. He later returned to the sideline with his arm in a sling.

Williams is playing in the CFL after he was suspended by the NFL for one year after a fourth positive drug test. He is still under contract with the NFL's Miami Dolphins.

The Globe and Mail reported the Dolphins called Toronto to learn more details of the injury.

"They just wanted to find out what happened and the two trainers -- Toronto's and Miami's -- talked," Argos president Keith Pelley told the newspaper.

Under the deal between Toronto and Miami, the Argos are under no obligation to get the Dolphins' approval before sending Williams back on the field.

Through his first four games, Williams had been slow to adjust to three-down football. He entered Saturday's game with 53 carries for 214 yards and had four carries for 17 yards before the injury.

Instead of sitting on his ass or going to a commune and staying high, the guy at least tried to play ball this year. He's made some questionable choices and he certainly ain't typical, but I like that he was out there trying.

Instead of sitting on his ass or going to a commune and staying high, the guy at least tried to play ball this year.  He's made some questionable choices and he certainly ain't typical, but I like that he was out there trying.

251162[/snapback]

He needs the money to pay for his habit. Kinda hard to do that when you're broke. ;)

I will say that he's less of the man he used to be without all that hair :)

Instead of sitting on his ass or going to a commune and staying high, the guy at least tried to play ball this year.  He's made some questionable choices and he certainly ain't typical, but I like that he was out there trying.

251162[/snapback]

How do you know he was not staying high? Seeing how he tried to play ball also last year with the Dolphins, he still managed to puff on a few and fail yet another drug test. Just because the man is playing ball does not mean he is clean. I don't know how tough the CFL's drug policy is, but apparently not too tough seeing how they let him come play given his history. However, it is a tough break for him breaking his arm, if, and that is a big if, he was trying to clean himself up. I don't care how much I dislike an athlete, I don't ever wish injury on them. Well, most of the time. There is this guy name Terrell Owens that I really can't stand more then any pro athlete that I have ever seen. :lol:

251162[/snapback]

How do you know he was not staying high? Seeing how he tried to play ball also last year with the Dolphins, he still managed to puff on a few and fail yet another drug test. Just because the man is playing ball does not mean he is clean. I don't know how tough the CFL's drug policy is, but apparently not too tough seeing how they let him come play given his history. However, it is a tough break for him breaking his arm, if, and that is a big if, he was trying to clean himself up. I don't care how much I dislike an athlete, I don't ever wish injury on them. Well, most of the time. There is this guy name Terrell Owens that I really can't stand more then any pro athlete that I have ever seen. :lol:

251173[/snapback]

He was not tested positive for mary jane..... I think it was amphetamines.... Aderol falls in that category and that's given to alot of 5th grade kids. He was not tested positive for weed, cocaine, or heroin... yet we all know he went overseas for some "spiritual treatment...." I'm sure he did not know what he was getting himself into..... (vegetable root wise or not...)

Let's compare that to alot of certian athletes who do coke, crack, weed (Moss admitted to this), heroin, etc......

The fact that Williams can keep up with the athletes out there tells me that he is under the media "stereotype..."

Alot of you should do some research before you put your beliefs out there.

Terrell Owens that I really can't stand more then any pro athlete that I have ever seen. :lol:

251173[/snapback]

To add to that....

First off.... isn't T.O. from A.L.??

2nd.... Ok... the guy is an ass.... a BIG ASS.... but.... the guy makes plays....

Give him a season at the Dallas Cowboys..... T.O. is an exceptional athlete who was never given a chance during his early years as a high school grad. Look it up.... He made the best out of the little he could have. Even during college......

You should watch some more pro ball... Really take into consideration who can actually catch a ball for 2+ yards.... then a guy who went un-noticed and will probably make the NFL hall of fame at WR.

The only reason why Willams is working is because of all the money he owes his ex wife, the bank, his creditiors and probably his dealers too.

Archived