Bama Homer Journalism, great example

DKW 86

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...Look, I'm not trying to take the shine of AU's good times at all. Brodie said that the 05 Iron Bowl "showed us that we are behind AU." That's obvious. You guys have had about as much success as you could in the SEC since 2000. From the Citrus Bowl win, to the 04 SECC, to the 4 straight over Alabama.... nobody's saying you didn't earn it. All I'm doing is sorting through the absolute BS that we are equal to Ole freaking Miss and that "Bama will never be good again" mentality that many on this board have. That is a bunch of crap and you know it.

You should pull that hook out of your mouth before you get behind the wheel of a car or attempt to operate heavy machinery.

The Bama = OM thing is intended to get a rise out of you. I guess it worked. You’ve learned something today. Try and apply the knowledge to your future posts.

The other side of that statement (Bama will be great again because we are Bama) is as equally stupid. If The program returns to its glory days of the 60s and 70s, it won’t be because the school is “Bama”. It will be because you hired a good coaching staff and recruited the right players and you got lucky. The same for everybody else. EVERYBODY else.

You had a typo, Longtrain.

251435[/snapback]

Do not pretend that you are like us.

251453[/snapback]

I'll see you at the Alma Sonic, frien.

Actually, what I know is that the parallels between Alabama and Ole Miss are downright eerie. Year by year, Alabama will sink deeper and deeper into oblivion. One day, you'll hire some raving lunatic loose cannon, too, hoping he can "restore" your tradition.

Nobody remembers Ole Miss "tradition" any more. In another 10-15 of utter Bama irrelevance (except to people like you) nobody will remember Bama's either. It will have all the gravitas of Dartmouth's football legacy.

In that same 15 years of utter irrelevance...bama has: More SEC titles. More National Titles. More SEC West titles. More top 10 finishes. More Bowl wins. Fewer Bowl Losses.

So...tell me...who is it thats irrelevant?

All I'm doing is sorting through the absolute BS that we are equal to Ole freaking Miss and that "Bama will never be good again" mentality that many on this board have. That is a bunch of crap and you know it.

251437[/snapback]

Actually, what I know is that the parallels between Alabama and Ole Miss are downright eerie. Year by year, Alabama will sink deeper and deeper into oblivion. One day, you'll hire some raving lunatic loose cannon, too, hoping he can "restore" your tradition.

Nobody remembers Ole Miss "tradition" any more. In another 10-15 of utter Bama irrelevance (except to people like you) nobody will remember Bama's either. It will have all the gravitas of Dartmouth's football legacy.

251441[/snapback]

You need to go wash your face in your daughter's Proactiv to get wake yourself up and snap back into reality. We'll never be equal to Ole Miss... never. We're 40-7-2 against them. 40-7. Damn.

And you mention 15 years of irrelevance. During those 15 years, we've won a National Title. Have you?

251447[/snapback]

Your record against Ole Miss is not germane to this discussion. Bama pounded Ole Miss during its years of greatness. As the Tide sinks further and further toward being the next Ole Miss, those battles will become more even. Kick a FG on the last play of the game to beat the worst Ole Miss team in 40 years? Yeah that was you. So was the hysterical celebration that ensued.

It's coming, wc. There's nothing you can do to stop it.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I hate this time of year.

Anyone want to discuss who has the best set of receivers and base it on meaningless stats?

You have to go 30 years ago to when the Bammers have competed for the SEC title every year.

Translated: year before probation/coaching problems: won the sec championship. first year off of probation:wasnt eliminated from the sec west title race until the last reg season game.

251391[/snapback]

Does it really make you feel better that you got eliminated the last game rather than an earlier one? Oh yeah I forgot you guys claimed victory in the last Iron Bowl because you won 3 out of 4 quarters.

In that same 15 years of utter irrelevance...bama has: More SEC titles. More National Titles. More SEC West titles. More top 10 finishes. More Bowl wins. Fewer Bowl Losses.

So...tell me...who is it thats irrelevant?

251458[/snapback]

The most revelant thing right now is four in a row and the thumb coming up. The bama nation is obsessed with fear of the thumb :cheer:

Bama 5 SEC Titles and 3 MNC titles

Oh, are you going to start claiming two more MNC's now? Should we expect to see "Got 14?" shirt this fall based on this equation????

Typical. Soooo typical.

Oh, are you going to start claiming two more MNC's now? Should we expect to see "Got 14?" shirt this fall based on this equation????

Typical. Soooo typical.

Dude, we won in 78 and 79. Those arent mythical. I think you misread what I typed.

Does it really make you feel better that you got eliminated the last game rather than an earlier one? Oh yeah I forgot you guys claimed victory in the last Iron Bowl because you won 3 out of 4 quarters.

It matters in terms of the argument. The statement was made that we dont ever compete for the sec title anymore.

AU was in the lead in the series before Bear. We lead the series since Bear.

Take out the Bear Years and we are leading by a good margin.

Before Bear: 11-9-1 Auburn

During Bear : 6-19 Alabama

Since Bear: 14-10 Auburn

Total: 38-31-1 Bama Leads

Without Bear: 25-19-1 Auburn Rules.

Bama does not equal Bear. He is definitely a part of the Alabama Legacy, but when you factor in the rest, it alters the numbers big time.

Consider a few more facts from my days as bama fan.

Bear lost 7-8 bowl games in a row. ohmy.gif

Bear never won a bowl game running the Wishbone. ohmy.gif

Bama has a great tradition. The fact that most HSers cant remember almost any of it shows you just how long it has been.

This is what I never understood about Auburn fans. Lets take out the best 30 years of a teams history and compare numbers. Thats really fair. Lets take out all your pat dye years and count how many sec titles you have.

Why is it fair to DISCOUNT ALL of Bryants wins against Auburn (including 10 straight) but you get to COUNT ALL the other wins against bama that were outside of the 19-6 pouding you got during bryants tenure. You dont think i could cherry pick some numbers and make your Iron Bowl history look silly?

Lets see...before our crappy run in the last 4 years, the series was TIED since Bryant. You take out the 19-6 POUNDING we gave you for 25 years and have a 6 game lead and "auburn rules". Gimme a break. The two best coaches in your HISTORY have a losing record to alabama. Tubby is 5-2 against bama. You take his numbers away and take away Bryants and you still only have a 3 game lead over 110 years of football. So to act like Bama is nothing without bryant is a joke.

We won SEC and national titles before, during, and after him.

251445[/snapback]

Bryant never beat Auburn 10 straight. (9 was bad enough, don't make it worse.)

I don't discount Bryant's years--I just want to erode them away in the series. Bryant left uat with a 10-game lead overall. It's currently at 7. The series is even over the last 28 years.

I'm content to just chip, chip away.

No, I read it perfectly. Maybe if you'd get off your high horse and let someone finish a post before you had to come to the rescue of your Mighty Tide every 5 seconds, you'd see what I was talking about.

History has no impact on the future.  Alabama's greatness is HISTORY not tradition.

Really? So you mean to tell me that one day Duke will rise to the top of the ACC? Or what about Kentucky in the SEC? Baylor in the Big XII? That's an outlandish statement you just made. "History has no impact on the future." LOL, yeah right.

These lyrics didn't happen by chance. Alabama has always been, is currently, and will always be a winner.

They got a name for the winners in the world

I want a name when I lose

They call Alabama the Crimson Tide

Call me deacon blues

251402[/snapback]

Delusional post of the year. Until you get your collective heads out of your arses, you will ALWAYS follow your destructive cycle. Get a frickin' clue.

Kentucky COULD win the SEC one day. Do you rule it out? Baylor COULD win the Big XII one day. Do you rule it out?

HISTORY HAS NO IMPACT ON TODAY OR THE FUTURE. BAMA IS HEAVY ON HISTORY NOT TRADITION

Dude, did you just quote a song as evidence? Bwaaaahahahahaha!!! What a tool.

Guest Tigrinum Major
Dude, we won in 78 and 79. Those arent mythical. I think you misread what I typed.

They're all mythical. '79 is as close as they come to not being mythical, but they all are. Not even the BCS has eliminated the controversy.

Have a peachy day.

No, I read it perfectly.  Maybe if you'd get off your high horse and let someone finish a post before you had to come to the rescue of your Mighty Tide every 5 seconds, you'd see what I was talking about.

251470[/snapback]

I said why not go back to 78 instead of 80...and that would include two of our best years. The point being that it is awfully convienent to cut of the YEAR after we won back to back titles.

And you tried to suggest that Im claiming a 13th and 14th title. When 78 and 79 are both included in the 12 alabama claims.

How is that a high horse? Maybe you need to not instantly think everyone whos a bama fan is the devil and listen to what they have to say before you start slamming them.

My, my, so much talk about the bama tradishun and on an Auburn board to boot. Have the bammers forgot the courtesy that the winner of the iron Bowl gets bragging rights for a year? Oh well so much for that tradishun. I like what a smart fellow once said :

"He who dwells on the past is afraid of the future!!!!

You mean I have to listen to it AGAIN?!?!

Isn't this the same crap you spew every time it's mentioned that Bama sucks?

And also, using 10-year time frames is just easier. Not any easier than getting a rise out of you, but pretty easy just the same.

Simmer down, hot rod!!!

Why in the world would a uater go to an Auburn Board and attempt to make Auburn people believe that his "team" is really good and getting better? I mean, who cares? :blink::poke::lol::lol::roflol::roflol:

Why in the world would a uater go to an Auburn Board and attempt to make Auburn people believe that his "team" is really good and getting better? I mean, who cares? :blink:   :poke:   :lol:   :lol:   :roflol:   :roflol:

251476[/snapback]

Do you sense an inferiority complex? :big:

Maybe you need to not instantly think everyone whos a bama fan is the devil and listen to what they have to say before you start slamming them.

251473[/snapback]

"SPUAT is the DEVIL"

waterboy3.jpg

Maybe you need to not instantly think everyone whos a bama fan is the devil and listen to what they have to say before you start slamming them.

251473[/snapback]

I didn't get that opinion instantly. I'm a slow learner and it actually took awhile to sink in.

They're all mythical. '79 is as close as they come to not being mythical, but they all are. Not even the BCS has eliminated the controversy.

Have a peachy day.

251472[/snapback]

Translation: Because we only have 1 NC we call them all mythical. It's the Auburn way!

When the team that you got the NC over had the same record as you and waltzed into Birmingham and handed you a L........... thats mythical.

Archived