Bama Homer Journalism, great example

DKW 86

Dude, we won in 78 and 79. Those arent mythical. I think you misread what I typed.

They're all mythical. '79 is as close as they come to not being mythical, but they all are. Not even the BCS has eliminated the controversy.

Have a peachy day.

251472[/snapback]

Translation: Because we only have 1 NC we call them all mythical. It's the Auburn way!

251492[/snapback]

Well.... according to that little NCAA list we have about 4 or 5... but we dont claim titles like y'all do... Such as not even making the top 20, finishing 3rd in the conference and claiming a title ('41) :big:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You have to go 30 years ago to when the Bammers have competed for the SEC title every year.

Translated: year before probation/coaching problems: won the sec championship. first year off of probation:wasnt eliminated from the sec west title race until the last reg season game.

251391[/snapback]

Translation: Won it with the best players money could buy. First year off probation, those kids were Seniors. I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but they are gone now.

Translation: Won it with the best players money could buy. First year off probation, those kids were Seniors. I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but they are gone now.

Nice...AU fans can play the probation card when it helps their argument...but we cant when it helps ours.

But hey, thats how AU fans argue. If you ever get them in a pinch they can always say "alabama has no tradition. theyve never won a single game without cheating"

Well what do you say to that? I mean thats a total copout.

You know what...the NCAA totally hammered us and didnt see fit to strip us of our SEC title or ANY games that year. And since you guys were SOOOOOOO impressed with how fair the NCAA was to us...you have to respect their call in saying our 99 title was legit.

But hey, thats how AU fans argue. If you ever get them in a pinch they can always say "alabama has no tradition. theyve never won a single game without cheating"

251541[/snapback]

I don't argue that way. I just simply posted that Bammer Tradition is mainly Bahr Tradition. Never mentioned cheating, just the facts:

UAT - 51 Bowl Appearances

Bear - 24 Bowl Appearances (47%)

UAT Claims: 12 NC's

Bear: 6 of them (50%)

UAT - 21 SEC Titles

Bear - 13 SEC Titles (62%)

So, in the other 89 years of football UAT has 27 Bowl appearances, 6 NC's and 8 SEC titles.

Bryant never beat Auburn 10 straight.  (9 was bad enough, don't make it worse.)

And all of those were at their home (Legion) Field. Imagine if the Bear would have been brave enough to play Auburn in Tuscaloosa, you could take away a few of those 1970's mythical championships!!

So, in the other 89 years of football UAT has 27 Bowl appearances, 6 NC's and 8 SEC titles.

Actually, they didnt start the SEC until what...the 40s? And we didnt start counting NCs until we actually played full schedules. So for NCs you can probably knock 20-30 years off of that 89 and like 50 on the SEC. Not sure when they started bowls...but i promise it wasnt 1892.

But still, 6 NCs 27 bowls and 8 conference titles AFTER you remove the best 25 years of our program history?...thats pretty awesome if you ask me.

Nice...AU fans can play the probation card when it helps their argument...but we cant when it helps ours.

You know what...the NCAA totally hammered us and didnt see fit to strip us of our SEC title or ANY games that year. And since you guys were SOOOOOOO impressed with how fair the NCAA was to us...you have to respect their call in saying our 99 title was legit.

251541[/snapback]

What do I say to that, I say you can't read. You brought those years up, I just provided the fact that you want to ignore. If you look real close I didn't say anything about tradition. Nothing at all.

Speaking of stripping games, didn't the NCAA strip games for 1992 or was it 1993?

251541[/snapback]

What do I say to that, I say you can't read. You brought those years up, I just provided the fact that you want to ignore. If you look real close I didn't say anything about tradition. Nothing at all.

Speaking of stripping games, didn't the NCAA strip games for 1992 or was it 1993?

251575[/snapback]

1993. We won the NC in 92.

AU was in the lead in the series before Bear. We lead the series since Bear.

Take out the Bear Years and we are leading by a good margin.

Before Bear: 11-9-1 Auburn

During Bear : 6-19 Alabama

Since Bear: 14-10 Auburn

Total: 38-31-1 Bama Leads

Without Bear: 25-19-1 Auburn Rules.

Bama does not equal Bear. He is definitely a part of the Alabama Legacy, but when you factor in the rest, it alters the numbers big time.

Consider a few more facts from my days as bama fan.

Bear lost 7-8 bowl games in a row. ohmy.gif

Bear never won a bowl game running the Wishbone. ohmy.gif

Bama has a great tradition. The fact that most HSers cant remember almost any of it shows you just how long it has been.

This is what I never understood about Auburn fans. Lets take out the best 30 years of a teams history and compare numbers. Thats really fair. Lets take out all your pat dye years and count how many sec titles you have.

Why is it fair to DISCOUNT ALL of Bryants wins against Auburn (including 10 straight) but you get to COUNT ALL the other wins against bama that were outside of the 19-6 pouding you got during bryants tenure. You dont think i could cherry pick some numbers and make your Iron Bowl history look silly?

Lets see...before our crappy run in the last 4 years, the series was TIED since Bryant. You take out the 19-6 POUNDING we gave you for 25 years and have a 6 game lead and "auburn rules". Gimme a break. The two best coaches in your HISTORY have a losing record to alabama. Tubby is 5-2 against bama. You take his numbers away and take away Bryants and you still only have a 3 game lead over 110 years of football. So to act like Bama is nothing without bryant is a joke.

We won SEC and national titles before, during, and after him.

251445[/snapback]

There in lies the point, Argo. You bammers claim all this history, BUT the truth of the matter is that your "tradition" is grounded in the the years the bear was coach, b/c he counted for (by way of payoffs and cheating) the vast majority of bama championship, both SEC and MNC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The cheating bear makes up bammers "tradishun"!!!! Other than his tenure bama is mediocre as others. AU had to suffer thru the years of oppression by the bear and his connections, which was more cripplin than any NCAA sanctions!!!!!! That is the point of bama's CRAP WITH TALKING ABOUT TRADISHUN!!!!!!!!!

Bama does not equal Bear. He is definitely a part of the Alabama Legacy, but when you factor in the rest, it alters the numbers big time.

Bama has a great tradition. The fact that most HSers cant remember almost any of it shows you just how long it has been.

This is what I never understood about Auburn fans. Lets take out the best 30 years of a teams history and compare numbers. Thats really fair. Lets take out all your pat dye years and count how many sec titles you have.

Why is it fair to DISCOUNT ALL of Bryants wins against Auburn (including 10 straight) but you get to COUNT ALL the other wins against bama that were outside of the 19-6 pouding you got during bryants tenure. You dont think i could cherry pick some numbers and make your Iron Bowl history look silly?

Lets see...before our crappy run in the last 4 years, the series was TIED since Bryant. You take out the 19-6 POUNDING we gave you for 25 years and have a 6 game lead and "auburn rules". Gimme a break. The two best coaches in your HISTORY have a losing record to alabama. Tubby is 5-2 against bama. You take his numbers away and take away Bryants and you still only have a 3 game lead over 110 years of football. So to act like Bama is nothing without bryant is a joke.

251445[/snapback]

There in lies the point, Argo. You bammers claim all this history, BUT the truth of the matter is that your "tradition" is grounded in the the years the bear was coach, b/c he counted for (by way of payoffs and cheating) the vast majority of bama championship, both SEC and MNC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The cheating bear makes up bammers "tradishun"!!!! Other than his tenure bama is mediocre as others. AU had to suffer thru the years of oppression by the bear and his connections, which was more cripplin than any NCAA sanctions!!!!!! That is the point of bama's CRAP WITH TALKING ABOUT TRADISHUN!!!!!!!!!

251588[/snapback]

Does it really taste THAT good? Step away from your wall... just step away.

paint.jpg

251445[/snapback]

251588[/snapback]

paint.jpg

251590[/snapback]

What the hell are you talking about?? You should remove the crack from your pipes before smoking them. :blink:

251445[/snapback]

251588[/snapback]

paint.jpg

251590[/snapback]

What the hell are you talking about?? You should remove the crack from your pipes before smoking them. :blink:

251596[/snapback]

Wow. Just, wow. :poke:

b/c he counted for (by way of payoffs and cheating) the vast majority of bama championship, both SEC and MNC

Its such a fruitless argument. So what he counted for the vast majority. Gene Stallings won the same amount of NC's as AU did in their ENTIRE 120 year football history. Does that mean you guys have no tradition? No.

You can cherrypick numbers all you want. But its asinine to say Alabama has no tradition outside of coach bryant...even though you SO convienently remove the best 25 year run of our football history.

Lets see...bowl games. They became popular and viable in the late 20s. Lets say 1926. That means 80 years worth of bowl games. You remove 25 years of our history that were great. But ok. That means we had 55 years of football. We've been to 29 bowl games out of 55 seasons. (we've been to 53 not 51). Auburn has had 32 bowl appearances IN THEIR ENTIRE FOOTBALL HISTORY. You take out our best 25 years and you only have been in 3 more bowls in 80 years compared to our 55. As a matter of fact...Alabama has been in 17 bowls since Bryant died. The same amount as AUBURN. We also have more bowl wins than AU since Bryant's death. So you can mark this one off of your argument list.

How about NCs? Does that mark the relevance of a program? I mean...Bama has more NCs than AU since bryant died. And lets say that only 2 of the other 5 are viable. That gives us 3 NCs...which is more than how many teams in the SEC? in the nation?

Top 10 finishes? Bama's got more

SEC west titles...bamas got more

SEC titles? Bama's got 3 and you've had 5. Since the the 80s ended bama and AU have the same amount.

The ONLY little thing you have to hang your hat on is that you have a better record against bama since bryant died. But just because AU beats us...doesnt mean we arent nationally relevant.

I think i've seen this thread before. A story comes out about Bama's tradition or Auburn's current domination and we hear the same arguments from BG and windarkpink.

There is no doubt in my mind that you Turds will be back among the SEC's elite. But something that no one has address in this thread is your coaching staff. As long as Bambi is calling plays you'll be looking up at LSU and AU. I lived in Tampa when "ole deer in the head lights" was the OC. Let's just say he wasn't the most popular person in town.

Get a real OC then come back and talk to us about being back.

Archived