The Latest in apparel from Tommy Corndog...

DKW 86

Yeah thats funny...considering its coming out of red stick...

where bama didnt lose between 1969-2000.

LSU had to beat us in overtime and we had the waterboy playing center.

And...is it considered choking when you get embarassed in Atlanta so bad...yet you gave up before you got there? Funny, all that lobbying they did to play in the cotton bowl (before they even took a snap in atlanta), and Bama is the one who took the trophy home from Dallas.

Maybe we should make one that says

"Dixie beer. The official drink of LSU Corndogs. Made in Louisiana...tastes like urine...goes down easy with a nice nutria salad"

And...is it considered choking when you get embarassed in Atlanta so bad...yet you gave up before you got there? Funny, all that lobbying they did to play in the cotton bowl (before they even took a snap in atlanta), and Bama is the one who took the trophy home from Dallas.

"Dixie beer. The official drink of LSU Corndogs. Made in Louisiana...tastes like urine...goes down easy with a nice nutria salad"

251366[/snapback]

I say...do I detect a note of bitterness there, BG? :)

:au::homer:

I just think its funny that they are making "smack" shirts about a team who doesnt even consider them a rival.

They are 3rd on pecking order of rivals we care about.

I just think its funny that they are making "smack" shirts about a team who doesnt even consider them a rival.

They are 3rd on pecking order of rivals we care about.

251460[/snapback]

Thats what we've been saying for a while.

Even though the whole 'it decides the west' has made it grow these past couple years.

251366[/snapback]

Why are you bragging about BARELY beating Texas Tech in the Cotton Bowl when we absolutely destroyed a Miami team WAY better than Texas Tech in the Peach Bowl. I guess Bama football has sunk to a new low if you need to brag about that. Since 2003 you guys are 0-7 combined against the 2 top dogs in the SEC West. I guess it hurts.

Why are you bragging about BARELY beating Texas Tech in the Cotton Bowl when we absolutely destroyed a Miami team WAY better than Texas Tech in the Peach Bowl. I guess Bama football has sunk to a new low if you need to brag about that. Since 2003 you guys are 0-7 combined against the 2 top dogs in the SEC West. I guess it hurts.

I just think its sad that you guys are printing shirts about a team who you had to beat in overtime...and doesnt even see you as a rival. I guess if LSU pisses off enough people...SOMEBODY will start caring enough to consider them a rival.

I thought Ole Miss was ya'lls big rival...although i have heard some of you guys say Arkansas is.

Oh wait...i know...Its La Monroe! You guys making any shirts about them?

251366[/snapback]

When did you turn into such a great big whining crybaby?

Bama sucks. Has sucked. Does suck. Will suck. Learn to live with it or be miserable. Do you really think anybody cares about some musty old stuff you drag out from 1969 when three quarters of the people on this board and 95% of the students at UA or LSU weren't even alive? So what if you beat them down there SIX years ago?? That's an entire graduating class and a half of another one.

Focus on the future... oh, that's right. If I were you, I certainly wouldn't want to do that either. Let's talk some more about 1974. Will that make you feel better?

When did you turn into such a great big whining crybaby?

Bama sucks. Has sucked. Does suck. Will suck. Learn to live with it or be miserable. Do you really think anybody cares about some musty old stuff you drag out from 1969 when three quarters of the people on this board and 95% of the students at UA or LSU weren't even alive? So what if you beat them down there SIX years ago?? That's an entire graduating class and a half of another one.

Focus on the future... oh, that's right. If I were you, I certainly wouldn't want to do that either. Let's talk some more about 1974. Will that make you feel better?

Apparently the only thing that will make YOU feel better is if every Alabama fan would come out and say that UA has no future and will never have another winning season for the rest of time.

I would ask when did you turn into a great big elitist know it all...but you've probably always been that way. ;)

Apparently the only thing that will make YOU feel better is if every Alabama fan would come out and say that UA has no future and will never have another winning season for the rest of time.

I would ask when did you turn into a great big elitist know it all...but you've probably always been that way.  ;)

251537[/snapback]

Zing!

I don't want you to dwell on the fact that in a few short years your team will be more Ole Miss than you want to accept. I'd just like for you guys to quit rehashing the 60s and 70s.

Here's a clue for you: It's not cool any more. In fact, it is to be mocked. See the remake of Starsky and Hutch for confirmation.

Alabama was a dominant program in the 60s and 70s. Nobody cares about that any more. Make all the excuses you want -- probation, secretaries, turmoil, strippers, yada, yada, yada, yada -- but the simple fact is that those days will NEVER return. Not for Alabama and perhaps not for any other school.

Oh, there will come a day that Alabama will beat Auburn again on the football field. It's inevitable. That day may come sooner rather than later. It won't change anything because the next year or the next, Auburn will come right back and continue moving forward. It won't EVER, EVER, EVER be like you think it is or like you wish it was. The days of shadows being cast from Tuscaloosa are are long over. While you weren't looking, while you were basking in your fading glory like a haggish former beauty queen, Auburn was quietly surpassing Alabama in every category. The student base is bigger. The faculty is more accomplished. The facilities are better. The overall athletic program -- top to bottom -- is stronger. Sure there have been bumps along the way, but when you look at the big picture, there's still a shadow being cast in this state -- and across the nation -- and Alabama lives in it.

Alabama was a dominant program in the 60s and 70s

And the 90s...not like the 60s and 70s but still pretty dang dominant.

The facilities are better.

Wrong. They were 5 years ago...not anymore.

The overall athletic program -- top to bottom -- is stronger.

Wrong.

Football - top 8 finish and a bowl win

Basketball - good showing in SEC tourney and NCAA tourney. Beaten AU 8 straight times.

Baseball - not even close. Hosted a regional and super regional. AU didnt even make the SEC tourney (2 years running)

Softball - not even close. College world series 3 out of the last 4 years...including this year

Gymanstics - Finished 3rd overall and has consistently been in the top 3 for the last 10 years.

I dont see how AU is stronger top to bottom. I'll give you Football is in better shape right now as a program...but not by much. And swimming is in better shape.

But the big 3 are alwasy considered football, baseball, and basketball. And as far as overall programs go...we are destroying you in 2 out of 3.

Alabama was a dominant program in the 60s and 70s

And the 90s...not like the 60s and 70s but still pretty dang dominant.

The facilities are better.

Wrong. They were 5 years ago...not anymore.

The overall athletic program -- top to bottom -- is stronger.

Wrong.

Football - top 8 finish and a bowl win

Basketball - good showing in SEC tourney and NCAA tourney. Beaten AU 8 straight times.

Baseball - not even close. Hosted a regional and super regional. AU didnt even make the SEC tourney (2 years running)

Softball - not even close. College world series 3 out of the last 4 years...including this year

Gymanstics - Finished 3rd overall and has consistently been in the top 3 for the last 10 years.

I dont see how AU is stronger top to bottom. I'll give you Football is in better shape right now as a program...but not by much. And swimming is in better shape.

But the big 3 are alwasy considered football, baseball, and basketball. And as far as overall programs go...we are destroying you in 2 out of 3.

251568[/snapback]

You're looking at ONE year, BG. And making a sweeping generalization. How silly of you.

Okay, I'll give you softball. Bama has a better softball team. And gympastics. Any other girls sports you want to claim? Right now, the mens basketball team is better. But it's not consistently better by any stretch of the imagination. AU's women's basketball program is much better than Bama's. Baseball over the long haul is better at AU. Sure there are occasional seasons where Bama comes out on top. It happens from time to time. But they are just bumps. Bumps in the road, BG. You see the bumps and just refuse to see the overall picture.

Florida was the dominant program in the 90s. Get OVER yourself. Bama didn't "dominate" the 90s by a longshot. :lol:

As for facilities? Don't make me laugh. Bama's are medieval compared to others in the SEC -- Auburn included.

Bama's are medieval compared to others in the SEC -- Auburn included.

251577[/snapback]

I dunno, I heard that they reframed all the Bear photos. Major upgrade indeed.

:poke:

As for facilities? Don't make me laugh. Bama's are medieval compared to others in the SEC -- Auburn included.

I thought the comparisons to OM was tops, but then you go and make a dumber comment... You never cease to amaze me. Your good for laughs though, keep it up.

All within the last 4 years..........

FootballBuilding_01.jpg

StrengthCenter_03.jpg

Bryant Hall Academic Center- we actually darken it's doors...

bryanthall_6.jpg

IndoorPractice_01.jpg

20393.jpg

17596.jpg

17597.jpg

Everything that we have bests you. I didn't come here to tell you that... but it's just when you spew crap that you know nothing about that I then have to set you straight. If I did this for a living for you, GG, Bill Gates would be my friggin butler.

You're looking at ONE year, BG. And making a sweeping generalization. How silly of you.

Okay, I'll give you softball. Bama has a better softball team. And gympastics. Any other girls sports you want to claim? Right now, the mens basketball team is better. But it's not consistently better by any stretch of the imagination. AU's women's basketball program is much better than Bama's. Baseball over the long haul is better at AU. Sure there are occasional seasons where Bama comes out on top. It happens from time to time. But they are just bumps. Bumps in the road, BG. You see the bumps and just refuse to see the overall picture.

Florida was the dominant program in the 90s. Get OVER yourself. Bama didn't "dominate" the 90s by a longshot. 

You are on crack rock. Alabama's basketball team has been better than AU's for Y-E-A-R-S. Its been a while since you guys made your little sweet sixteen run. Scottie Fratboy hasnt been at AU for some time. To even SUGGEST that AU's basketball program is anywhere close is a joke.

You threw out all this crap and cant back it up. Bama is better and has been better in 2 out of the big 3. And the 3rd, football shows a smaller gap since we are no longer on probation.

How am I refusing to see the overall picture? How many college world series appearances, sec titles, and top 10 rankings has AU had in baseball in the last 10 years? Care to know bama's numbers?

The only reason you dont want to admit our facilities are better is because you have a pride issue. EVERYBODY who tours our facilities says they are bested by none in the nation...and ours are better than many pro teams.

Next you are going to tell me that JHS has a bigger capacity...just because you say so. Dude you are bordering on delusional.

Here's one for you Bammers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 IN A ROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 National Titles in 2006 (Mens and Womens Swimming, Womens Track, Equestrian)

13-0 undefeated football 2004 and SEC Champions

Auburn has dominated the series the last 10 years!

Oh...by the way, when was the last time Alabama won a national title in any sport?

I will tell you. 2002 Gymnastics!!!! In all, Alabama has won 16 TOTAL NCAA National Titles in it's history!!!! 12 (with an *) Football, and 4 Gymnastics.

Auburn, on the other hand, has a good mix of NCAA Titles to include Football (1), Mens Swimming (6), Womens Simming (3), Womens Track (1), and Equestrian (1). Both have had great runs in basketball, baseball, golf, ect. The glarring fact is that since 1997, Auburn has won 11 National Titles to Alabamas 1!

I will put our athletic dept against yours any day! And, by the way......those facilities look nice, but they do not win games! :au:

And we always do exceptionally better in the Sears Cup as well.

4 NCs this year alone. We have more NCAA NCs than Bama.

http://www.ncaa.org/champadmin/champs_listing1.html

Auburn

Total NCAA Team Championships: 11

men's championships: 6

women's championships: 4

coed championships: 0

Breakdown by Sport:

men's swimming & diving: 6

women's swimming & diving: 4

women's basketball

(Equestrian National Title-NON NCAA)

Bama

Total NCAA Team Championships: 4

men's championships: 0

women's championships: 4

coed championships: 0

Breakdown by Sport:

women's gymnastics: 4

I thought the comparisons to OM was tops, but then you go and make a dumber comment... You never cease to amaze me. Your good for laughs though, keep it up.

All within the last 4 years..........

FootballBuilding_01.jpg

StrengthCenter_03.jpg

Bryant Hall Academic Center- we actually darken it's doors...

bryanthall_6.jpg

IndoorPractice_01.jpg

20393.jpg

17596.jpg

17597.jpg

Everything that we have bests you. I didn't come here to tell you that... but it's just when you spew crap that you know nothing about that I then have to set you straight. If I did this for a living for you, GG, Bill Gates would be my friggin butler.

251598[/snapback]

All that stuff catches Bama up to where Auburn was A DECADE AGO. Congratulations.

:lol::lol:

You are on crack rock. Alabama's basketball team has been better than AU's for Y-E-A-R-S. Its been a while since you guys made your little sweet sixteen run. Scottie Fratboy hasnt been at AU for some time. To even SUGGEST that AU's basketball program is anywhere close is a joke.

You threw out all this crap and cant back it up. Bama is better and has been better in 2 out of the big 3. And the 3rd, football shows a smaller gap since we are no longer on probation.

How am I refusing to see the overall picture? How many college world series appearances, sec titles, and top 10 rankings has AU had in baseball in the last 10 years? Care to know bama's numbers?

The only reason you dont want to admit our facilities are better is because you have a pride issue. EVERYBODY who tours our facilities says they are bested by none in the nation...and ours are better than many pro teams.

Next you are going to tell me that JHS has a bigger capacity...just because you say so. Dude you are bordering on delusional.

251608[/snapback]

Two years ago, your guys were ready to throw Gottfried out the door. And no, Bama's basketball team has NOT been better for Y-E-A-R-S. It's been better for two years. Again, bump in the road not any type of long-term status.

And now baseball.

Final Baseball Rankings since 1998 (going back further requires more research than I'm prepared to do):

1998: AU 12, AL 16 (AU won SEC-Tourney, hosted a regional)

1999: AL 4, AU 15 (Auburn won a regional and played in Super Regional at FSU)

2000: AU 25, AL (NR) (AU made Regionals)

2001: AU 30, AL (NR) (AU made Regionals)

2002: AL 16, AU (NR) (AU made Regionals)

2003: AU 20, AL (NR) (AU made regionals)

2004: AU (NR), AL (NR)

2005: AL 20, AU (NR)

2006: AL 9, AU (NR)

So since 1998, Auburn finished he season ranked ahead of Alabama five of nine years. Three of the nine, AL was unranked at season's end. Yes, there's a bit of a bump in the road right now, but that will soon be repaired. The past two seasons marked the first time in over a decade that AL ranked higher than AU in consecutive years -- and it comes on the heels of AU out ranking AL in four of the previous five.

And on to Jordan Hare. For the last 50+ years, Auburn's stadium has been bigger than Alabama's. Now thanks to (an as yet incomplete and completely unwarranted) expansion, fueled in large part by jealousy, Alabama will claim to seat more. Again, a bump. It will be rectified soon enough.

Archived