Interesting

BamaGrad03

I know the game is in jacksonville...but i got a feeling it will be an FSU home game.

251704[/snapback]

:blink: And why in the world would anyone call that a "neutral" site?? Thats like Georgia playing an OOC in Atlanta and calling it neutral.

251707[/snapback]

Like SLink said, the tickets will be split 50/50. I personally still don't like the idea... not the Jax part, but the idea of us playing on a non-campus site. Let them play in Tallahassee one year and Tuscaloosa the next.

But like I said, the tix are split and there are also a lot of Bama fans in the Jax area. I just don't like not playing on a college campus... see: Legion Field post.

:blink:   And why in the world would anyone call that a "neutral" site??  Thats like Georgia playing an OOC in Atlanta and calling it neutral.

251707[/snapback]

Isn't it 50/50 ticket wise? Can't get more neutral then that....

251894[/snapback]

If it is 50/50... then I guess we can say it's *cough* neutral *cough*. But cmon man! :blink:

yeah, the sec championship game sells an equal number of tickets to each side. so i'm sure the number of uga/lsu fans was right down the middle.

yeah, the sec championship game sells an equal number of tickets to each side. so i'm sure the number of uga/lsu fans was right down the middle.

251961[/snapback]

No, the SECCG doesn't sell an equal # of tickets. Not at all.

There are tens of thousands of tickets sold to others besides LSU/UGA hence why more UGA fans showed up.

:blink:   And why in the world would anyone call that a "neutral" site??  Thats like Georgia playing an OOC in Atlanta and calling it neutral.

251707[/snapback]

Isn't it 50/50 ticket wise? Can't get more neutral then that....

251894[/snapback]

HAH!!! So were our games against Bamar at Legion Field, a 50/50 split...and they were anything but neutral!!! I hated going there....

:au::homer:

I can absolutely say that playing at LF I can never really remember celebrating any game until after I got away from the stadium. Only exception was the 23-22 1982 Iron Bowl.

That place just inhaled. I hated that place as a Bama Fan and as an Auburn fan. I feel like I need a bath just typing the name of the place in just now.

Anyone see it since they tore down the upper deck? It looks like a glorified HS stadium now. More :om: than :ua: or :au:

Road slate is a little weak considering only one of those is at a truly hostile environment, Jordan-Hare.

Yeah, its seems as though we get an easy road slate followed by a brutal one (see this year)

251559[/snapback]

This seems to be a common thing in the SEC West. Somehow they got home/road schedules set up such that every other year they have most of their tough opponents on the road followed by a year where they're mostly at home. As you point out, Bama suffers from this. Auburn has LSU, FL, Ark, and UGA at home this year, but LSU, Ark, and UGA were on the road last year. For LSU: In 2005--TN, FL, AU, AR at home & only Bama on the road. In 2006--Bama at home but TN, FL, AU, & Ark are all road trips.

Maybe it's just my impression, but this doesn't seem to be quite as common in the East. For example, Florida seems to split its toughest games this year: TN, AU (& FSU OOC) on the road; LSU, UGA, Bama, USC at home.

[Off topic: Only in typing that did I realize how tough Florida's schedule is, home/road aside. That's seven out of 12 opponents that are dangerous and they also play Southern Miss, who is sometimes tough. Add the SECCG and it's hard to see them coming out of all that with 0-1 loss and a BCS championship bid, as many are dreaming.]

Did they tear the upper deck down, or did it just fall down on it's own...

The question is, with the upper deck gone, where will they put all the UAB fans for their home games??? :P

I can absolutely say that playing at LF I can never really remember celebrating any game until after I got away from the stadium. Only exception was the 23-22 1982 Iron Bowl.

That place just inhaled. I hated that place as a Bama Fan and as an Auburn fan. I feel like I need a bath just typing the name of the place in just now.

Anyone see it since they tore down the upper deck? It looks like a glorified HS stadium now. More :om: than :ua: or :au:

252115[/snapback]

You didn't see 17-16?

252115[/snapback]

Yeah and poor ole bahr's statue is hanging around this glorified stadium. I bet he is rolling in his grave.

There's talk of Hoover adding a new 30,000-40,000 seat football/soccer stadium to go along with its Metro baseball facilities. IF it happens, there is also talk of UAB and B'ham high schools moving their games there. ...all just talk as far as I know for now, but certainly Legion Field is a dying dinosaur. And it doesn't seem like the city of Birmingham is going anywhere with its "domed stadium" fantasies.

Archived