PF on the NYT Article.

DKW 86

Again you guys are such flip floppers. For the last year you have enjoyed his articles because its pro auburn, though you might claim its to keep the Auburn fans fired up, yet you still praise it. Now he has an article and you bash him for it. And again all the "boycott" PF stuff... make up your minds. Some of you need to make up your minds and either not read/listen to it (which I doubt you will do) or be like "well that is his opinion, but I don't agree with it for such n such reason."

You guys have arguments that basically contradict his arguments. It's not about Carnell making money in the pros, it's about him presenting himself and representing his education from Auburn University and he makes that clear, yet you focus on his millions of dollars. It's not about CTT winning at Auburn and caring for his students and he makes that clear, yet you focus on that. He was saying CTT decided to not accept the fact of what happened, liked Richardson did (hense, why he said Richardson came out a winner), but to focus on winning and APR scores. Yea winning and APR scores are awesome and all that really matters when it comes to the SPORT of football, but have nothing to do with the NYT article.

I'll take my usual whipping by you boys now for saying I'm a bammer or that I need to be slapped...

251787[/snapback]

Not gonna' do any "slapping", BUT, I would love to see these "PRO pondscum" threads you mention. I can't remember a single ONE.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You guys have arguments that basically contradict his arguments. It's not about Carnell making money in the pros, it's about him presenting himself and representing his education from Auburn University and he makes that clear, yet you focus on his millions of dollars. It's not about CTT winning at Auburn and caring for his students and he makes that clear, yet you focus on that. He was saying CTT decided to not accept the fact of what happened, liked Richardson did (hense, why he said Richardson came out a winner), but to focus on winning and APR scores. Yea winning and APR scores are awesome and all that really matters when it comes to the SPORT of football, but have nothing to do with the NYT article.

251787[/snapback]

The "contriversy" itself had nothing to do with football, so how can CTT (the football coach) be a loser for not addressing it as a serious issue (which everyone but Slimebomb & The Bammer Naion can clearly see that it isn't)?

251807[/snapback]

Because it involved players on the football team. Yea, the issue was not football related, I agree. But Juwan Simpson's gun charge has nothing to do with football, so basically Mike Shula should be like "well you know, we just had a 10 win season and he's one of our best players and better persons I have known in my life" and completely stay free from the gun charge because it has nothing to do with football.

And learn how to spell... controversy

251829[/snapback]

So, is that writing a "different opinion", or an insult? What a open mind you have, to try to insult someone over an obvious typo....

251842[/snapback]

I see you still failed to respond to my point about Juwan Simpson in response to your point (o wait you didn't have one). I hardly ever throw out insults, but since everyone is throwing them at me without anything logical to say, yea it was in insult. And are you sure it was a typo? Because you put it in quotes, so I would hope you'd know how to spell something that is so important it needs to be put in quotes. Most people read their posts before actually sending them out. And if you don't think I have an open mind... wow... still... any response about accusations needing to be football related in order for someone to respond to such allegations?

251787[/snapback]

The "contriversy" itself had nothing to do with football, so how can CTT (the football coach) be a loser for not addressing it as a serious issue (which everyone but Slimebomb & The Bammer Naion can clearly see that it isn't)?

251807[/snapback]

Because it involved players on the football team. Yea, the issue was not football related, I agree. But Juwan Simpson's gun charge has nothing to do with football, so basically Mike Shula should be like "well you know, we just had a 10 win season and he's one of our best players and better persons I have known in my life" and completely stay free from the gun charge because it has nothing to do with football.

And learn how to spell... controversy

251829[/snapback]

So, is that writing a "different opinion", or an insult? What a open mind you have, to try to insult someone over an obvious typo....

251842[/snapback]

I see you still failed to respond to my point about Juwan Simpson in response to your point (o wait you didn't have one). I hardly ever throw out insults, but since everyone is throwing them at me without anything logical to say, yea it was in insult. And are you sure it was a typo? Because you put it in quotes, so I would hope you'd know how to spell something that is so important it needs to be put in quotes. Most people read their posts before actually sending them out. And if you don't think I have an open mind... wow... still... any response about accusations needing to be football related in order for someone to respond to such allegations?

251848[/snapback]

That was AUChizad....

Ahhh then I appologize, I guess since everyone just bashes up on me and all the other Auburn fans on here are like Robots, I get them mixed up.

PChamp, are you still a student at Auburn?

251860[/snapback]

Is this is the same guy who said "F" Auburn?

251862[/snapback]

I hope you are referring to PChamp and not me.

I was just in the car for the start and first hour of PF's show. Neil Snickers referenced the article and immediately read the quote about CW. He called CW a "Moron" 3-4 times. He also said he didn't have a problem attacking Caddy now that he's not a student because he just doesn't criticize guys while they're still students. :roflol::roflol::roflol:

I'm sorry....that was funny. I guess he forgot getting hammered for ripping Caddy all day about his speech when he made the annoncement to come back.

Anyway, RV's assessment was right on. He's a reporter turned entertainer that needs to stir the pot to get reviews. Bigbee, I know I need help for that but I can't help at least tuning in for a few minutes to see what the topic of the day is. PF turns his wrath on each school at the drop of a hat. When he's slamming Bammie, we all perk up and say, "Yea, he's right on with that one."

When we're in his cross hairs, everything that comes out of his mouth is either a lie or full of spin (Insert your own _____). I hate his guts right now. But, he's doing exactly what he set out to do.

Yes, I'm sure I know how to spell controversy. The I and the O are directly next to eachother on the keyboard. Look at your post before you leave out an "H" in

(o wait you didn't have one).

My point (that maybe I could have made a bit more eloquently were it not a quick quip while at work) was that CTT did exactly what he should have done in this situation. Blow it off as a baseless allegation. Because that's exactly what it was. And if it were any big deal whatsoever, it was something that Ed Richardson should be addressing, not Tuberville.

I agree with what you say about letting Richardson handle it. But maybe PF was saying that Tubs should've made that clear, rather than trying to pawn it off and stress other topics (APR and winning) when they weren't mentioned. Basically saying "well if they ask you about the sociology scandal, talk about that and nothing else. If you don't want to respond to it, then don't say anything at all (or say Richardson will address it)." It's the fact that Tubs pulled something else out of his pocket and worked with something that wasn't brought up that PF slammed him for.

And yes I am still a student...

... and jeez get over the comment I made last month. I was pissed

I am amazed that any Auburn person listens to or reads anything this insignificant gadfly puts out let alone waste time discussing it. The drivel that comes from this twerp has about as much value as a moose breaking wind at the zoo ... surely you wouldn't be discussing that. It is embarrassing to me to know that Auburn people give a flip about anything this clown has to say. Why can't you just ignor this white trash?

I hope that I never find anything remotely entertaining that a low-life like this has to say.

I am amazed that any Auburn person listens to or reads anything this insignificant gadfly puts out let alone waste time discussing it.  The drivel that comes from this twerp has about as much value as a moose breaking wind at the zoo ... surely you wouldn't be discussing that.  It is embarrassing to me to know that Auburn people give a flip about anything this clown has to say.  Why can't you just ignor this white trash?

I hope that I never find anything remotely entertaining that a low-life like this has to say.

251881[/snapback]

amen....thanks for posting....i was beginning to think that there was no intelligent life on this planet

I think I scanned most of the responses on this thread, but skimmed quickly over the ones that were mostly just arguing personalities, so perhaps these two points have beenmade:

1) Finebaum wasn't attacking Carnell's wage-earning ability, but his public speaking ability and/or intellect. Now I don't agree with his opinion of Carnell and also don't agree with attacking people for their speech or intelligence, but nevertheless, money has is irrelevent to that argument.

2) As far as Carnell making more than Finebaum, I wouldn't jump to conclusions. If Carnell has a long successful career without injuries and gets smart endorsement deals, he will earn more then Finebaum over a lifetime, I'm sure. But you don't go poor having a long-term, regionally syndicated daily radio show, a regular newspaper column, assorted speaking/appearance gigs and/or books thrown in. I'm sure Finebaum does quite well, and would not be at all surprized if his net worth is currently equal or greater than Carnell's. Carnell will probably catch and surpass him, though.

I think I scanned most of the responses on this thread, but skimmed quickly over the ones that were mostly just arguing personalities, so perhaps these two points have beenmade:

1) Finebaum wasn't attacking Carnell's wage-earning ability, but his public speaking ability and/or intellect.  Now I don't agree with his opinion of Carnell and also don't agree with attacking people for their speech or intelligence, but nevertheless, money has is irrelevent to that argument.

2) As far as Carnell making more than Finebaum, I wouldn't jump to conclusions.  If Carnell has a long successful career without injuries and gets smart endorsement deals, he will earn more then Finebaum over a lifetime, I'm sure. But you don't go poor having a long-term, regionally syndicated daily radio show, a regular newspaper column, assorted speaking/appearance gigs and/or books thrown in.  I'm sure Finebaum does quite well, and would not be at all surprized if his net worth is currently equal or greater than Carnell's.  Carnell will probably catch and surpass him, though.

251929[/snapback]

So, education/intelligence isn't related to income potential as Pondscum suggests?

Pondscum was impling that an AU degree did not represent an educated individual.

PChamp, are you still a student at Auburn?

251860[/snapback]

Is this is the same guy who said "F" Auburn?

251862[/snapback]

I hope you are referring to PChamp and not me.

251863[/snapback]

Yea, I'm referring to PChamp, the engineer major.

1) Finebaum wasn't attacking Carnell's wage-earning ability, but his public speaking ability and/or intellect.  Now I don't agree with his opinion of Carnell and also don't agree with attacking people for their speech or intelligence, but nevertheless, money has is irrelevent to that argument.

251929[/snapback]

Wow, someone else who finally and actually READ the article. I'm so glad there is some intelligence out there. But that's nice they aren't all attacking you, so I'll take the beating for ya. But watch out, if you continue with these opinions, they'll hate you too.

2) As far as Carnell making more than Finebaum, I wouldn't jump to conclusions.  If Carnell has a long successful career without injuries and gets smart endorsement deals, he will earn more then Finebaum over a lifetime, I'm sure. But you don't go poor having a long-term, regionally syndicated daily radio show, a regular newspaper column, assorted speaking/appearance gigs and/or books thrown in.  I'm sure Finebaum does quite well, and would not be at all surprized if his net worth is currently equal or greater than Carnell's.  Carnell will probably catch and surpass him, though.

251929[/snapback]

The NFL stars make all the serious money up front. Carnell has far and away surpassed paul.

yes because we all know that money is the most important thing in life and anyone with a lot of money is a winner and we should idolize them for that. Man you know what...that Ricky Williams is a real winner

251929[/snapback]

So, education/intelligence isn't related to income potential as Pondscum suggests?

Pondscum was impling that an AU degree did not represent an educated individual.

251943[/snapback]

NO! He never said an AU degree didn't represent an educated individual. He SAID that Carnell's speech is an issue and the way he represents himself does not come across as an educated person (or what you would expect from a college graduate). If anyone honestly here thinks of Carnell as educated as the next typical college graduate, then you need to open up your mind. Yea, Carnell may have a degree (does he have a degree? I keep hearing conflicting stories. He at least has some education.), which is more than we can say about some people, but to say his intelligence is that of a typical college graduate is laughable. It doesn't really matter, because he is making money at what he does best and that is best for him. No, Carnell does not represent Auburn in a bad way with his degree, nor is an Auburn degree worthless. Some people use their brain to get through this world, while others use their athletic abilities or anything else that gives them a career. Carnell is in the minority and it works for him (for now).

Basically - that its not an AU degree not representing an educating individual, like you claim, but that his AU degree is not 'good enough' to claim Carnell as an educated individual.

yes because we all know that money is the most important thing in life and anyone with a lot of money is a winner and we should idolize them for that. Man you know what...that Ricky Williams is a real winner

251989[/snapback]

You complain about people getting on you, then you post something inflamatory like this and you wounder why several people here don't like your comments ?

You aren't going to catch up. Quit while you are behind here and eventually folks will forgive and forget.

Seriously. Quit.

blah blah blah.... really did you just say anything? Because all I just read was 'blah blah blah.' What was inflamatory? Or did you not catch the sarcasm on that last one... which if you didn't - man do I feel sorry for you

blah blah blah.... really did you just say anything? Because all I just read was 'blah blah blah.'  What was inflamatory?

251995[/snapback]

You're obviously still a child and I was trying to offer some advice on how to play nice with others. You don't want to listen ? Fine. You want to play smart ass with me ? Fine.

http://www.al.com/sports/mobileregister/pf...7550.xml&coll=3

Printed in the interest of good sportsmanship.

Winners, losers in AU's saga

-- Carnell Williams: Loser ... The multi-millionaire Williams may have been the NFL Rookie of the Year and one of the great running backs in Auburn history. But instead of taking these dubious sociology classes perhaps he should have spent a little time in a speech class. Then, it wouldn't be so obvious the best education he received at Auburn was on the football field.

Wasn't Carnell basically just waiting for the NFL draft when he took this course? and didn't it basically boil down to taking a "real" course and dropping out once the draft picked him or take this course where he could finish before the end of the semester. Seems to me that Carnell was acting like a winner and taking advantage of the time he had.

blah blah blah.... really did you just say anything? Because all I just read was 'blah blah blah.'  What was inflamatory?

251995[/snapback]

You're obviously still a child and I was trying to offer some advice on how to play nice with others. You don't want to listen ? Fine. You want to play smart ass with me ? Fine.

251996[/snapback]

What advice? What was inflamatory? I'm a child? riiiiight I guess all those cuss words that you all have responded to me with "Shut up B*tch" is so adult like.

And I love how every point that I have made has yet to be responded to. Y'all just cuss me out or offer advice on my differing opinion, but you don't claim why it is wrong.

Archived