I think I've lost it.

AURaptor

I've got no feeling towards the upcoming season. Not saying I don't care, or that I'm not looking forward to Sept. 2, but I honestly have no clue what to expect from this team. I don't know if it's partly to do w/ CTT and his opening game record, or that after 20+ yrs, I've just gotten weary of looking at depth charts and starting line ups to figure out what this version of the Tigers will do. Anyone else feel this way once they hit their *gulp* 40's ? Is it just a temporary condition?

Oddly, not overly concerned, but feelin' I should be.

Anyone else feel this way once they hit their *gulp* 40's ?

Can't say for sure. I'm still at the age where I gulp 40's.

But I can't possibly be much more excited about next season.

:cheer::au::cheer:

The unexpected makes the season more fun every year. Who's gonna step up? Who isn't? The Who's Who of Auburn Football. I get nervous about this time every year, unless I'm out of state. Apprehensive is a better term.

I don't know what to expect either. It's like... I can't see a particular team defeating our boys, because there really isn't a strong team. Last year the only game I pretty much felt we would definately lose was LSU (I was so close, didn't see GT coming). This year, I don't have that feeling, but I don't see our boys going undefeated either - there seem to be too many question marks but I hope they prove me wrong. Someone will probably beat Auburn, I just don't know who or when or how.

So you are nervous?

251911[/snapback]

I can't say. Let's just say I'm not as boastful as I normally would be in facing WSU. I expect a good game, and from my perspective, Auburn should win. A convincing win might indicate that we're right where CTT thought we'd be. After the 2004 season, CTT said he thought this team would be better, overall, in '05. Despite losing Campbell. Well, we've had a full year to get folks grown up, more comfortable w/ their roles, and some of those star recruits into the system. But for some reason, I'm not sure of this team's potential.

So you are nervous?

251911[/snapback]

I can't say. Let's just say I'm not as boastful as I normally would be in facing WSU. I expect a good game, and from my perspective, Auburn should win. A convincing win might indicate that we're right where CTT thought we'd be. After the 2004 season, CTT said he thought this team would be better, overall, in '05. Despite losing Campbell. Well, we've had a full year to get folks grown up, more comfortable w/ their roles, and some of those star recruits into the system. But for some reason, I'm not sure of this team's potential.

251924[/snapback]

Ah, you are abbrasive! No worries my friend, I heard some of the same comments from many people before the 2004 season B)

Ah, you are abbrasive! No worries my friend, I heard some of the same comments from many people before the 2004 season

Abbrasive ? Not so sure how you figure that. <_< I guess part of me is a more objective type fan, while another part is still an :au::homer: . My gut tells me that we should thrash WSU, though that might not be a real measure of how good both teams can be. Last time I wanted to see :au: take care of business like this was the :gt: game, 2005. I STILL don't see how we lost to those geeks. :headshake: :brickwall:

raptor, if it makes you feel better about the situation, i'm in my mid-20's and i have the exact same feeling. i feel like this is a strong team; i feel like i know the pros and cons for basically every player on the team. i feel like we're capable of something really special.

at the same time, i have no idea if we're going achieve something great like an sec title or not. and really, i feel slightly emotionally detached from roster. it'll go away once i see these guys trotting out on the field (any detachment goes out the door when i watch us play... even on espn classic), but i don't feel like i have the pulse of this team like i did in years past.

is it a factor of how emotional 2004 was b/c of petrinogate and the number of friends i had on the team? is it a factor of my first year since graduation? is it those things and more? whatever it is, i'll be rooting on the tigers from overseas (got gameplan and my S-video cable all set for the opener), and i'll eagerly await the returns.

on a positive note, i had the same feeling toward the roster now that i had in 2004. i knew it. i didn't look at it or read tigerland as much or any of that stuff b/c i already knew what we had. i got that feel again; maybe that's a really good thing?

Well I'm heading into my senior year here at Auburn...and no I can't relate to what you are going through.

This season can't get here soon enough!! We already have our plans set for the first gameday weekend.

I think its taking longer for this september to get here than it did my 21st birthday.

The first game is still a month away. My prediction is that you will "find" it by the time Wash St comes to town.

I see the potential for greatness too, but I also see too many questions. Maybe I still have a hangover from getting Badger, Badger Badgered.

My biggest concerns are who is going to step up at both offensive tackle positions and what the rotation will look like on the interior D-line. I have zero concerns anywhere else on the field.

Tackles: King seems to be penciled in and I've seen and heard and read about a lot of potential. But, he's still an unknown quantity at this point as an every down player. And who is going to play the other side? Hart? Palmer? They may all step in and blow everyone away, but it's still an unknown and that makes me nervous.

D-line: Ends are as good as there is in the country...period. Inside though, I want to see who comes ready to play. Josh is a fireplug and will be solid...IF he stays healthy. Will big Tez take his game to the next level and be ready to start as so many have said he will? Did Sims re-dedicate himself when he came back and will be the man? Is Greg Smith even going to be on campus for the fall? How about Marks or will Ricks come in and contribute right away. Again, a lot of potential to be great but a lot of unproven players as well.

That's what makes me nervous when I look at this team. They may put my mind at ease on Sept. 2nd. :cheer::au::cheer:

I am excited for the season to get here!!!! In my 25 + years as a Auburn fan, The football team has had there up's and down's but I believe the past 4 years have been my favorite by far and It will only get better for Auburn! This years team has a chance to answer all the critics and do something special and the thought of that gives me goosebumps! WDE:big:

I've got no feeling towards the upcoming season. Not saying I don't care, or that I'm not looking forward to Sept. 2, but I honestly have no clue what to expect from this team.  I don't know if it's partly to do w/ CTT and his opening game record, or that after 20+ yrs, I've just gotten weary of looking at depth charts and starting line ups to figure out what this version of the Tigers will do. Anyone else feel this way once they hit their *gulp* 40's ? Is it just a temporary condition?

Oddly, not overly concerned, but feelin' I should be.

251910[/snapback]

It's easy for me to see some very different scenarios play out. Perhaps my biggest frustration with CTT has been that the team is often not prepared for the first game. It's like he doesn't always realize what he has and then doesn't adjust. For example, against Tech. Kenny Irons gets one carry. We keep trying the same thing over and over. This is the thing that makes me wary against Wash. St. But I'm eager to find out what we got and how they play together. There is a ton of potential on this team. It could win them all.

So you are nervous?

251911[/snapback]

251924[/snapback]

It's just a Wisconsin hangover...it'll be all right. :) It's a game we shouldn't have lost and just didn't show up for...and that can happen to anyone. Hopefully it won't happen on national TV against WSU....

:au::homer:

Until Auburn breaks the non-conference jinx, I will have a wait and see attitude as well. I am not buying in to all the preseason hype about this team or any other AU team in the future. The preseason hype machine has killed a few Auburn teams right out of the gate so I hope these guys are focused. I don't think I can stomach losing to another Pac-10 opponent. As for Wisconsin, I was there and it was totally embarrassing. That loss still lingers with me because bowl game or not, we got stomped. There was no focus or intensity and I believe until Tubby can bring that same intensity out of his boys for every game, Auburn's football program will remain good, but not great. We have our conference foes down pretty good, now it's time to go show the rest of the college football world that we are for real. I don't want to see any more Wisconsin, USC, Georgia Tech, North Carolina type games.

i turned 40 the night auburn and uga went 4 overtimes. i thought that would kill me but it didnt. and god help me, i still do love it so.

252026[/snapback]

Thank you, George C. Scott (aka General Patton).... :D

:au::homer:

Archived