When you think of Saturdays in the Fall...

DKW 86

What is it that you actually think about? What is the first thing that pops into your mind?

Mine is the first time I see the stadium.

1) From the outside of JHS first. For me, it is seeing those huge white columns on the west side of JHS. I get very excited like a kid at Christmas.

2) Then the long look I give myself as I come up the ramp and into the stadium.

3) I then take a long look after sitting down.

Cant wait for the tailgates to start with you guys....If I put the canopy up in the front yard, can we grill out and drink a few this weekend....he said in the stupor of his meds. ;)

The smell of all the BBQs and the sound of that first beer being opened. And the fact that there is not a single "hi, hello, or hey" said all day long. Just a good ole WAR EAGLE!

going to sleep at night with my windows open to the sound of victorious sportscenter highlights, and huntin

I appreciate the opportunity to be a part of the Auburn Family. I enjoy the kids as they play their version of Auburn football while tailgating. I love to see the little cheerleaders all dressed up in their cheering outfits, as they practice their cheers on the grass behind the cars. I love to see "Tiger" fly. I get all teary eyed when the Tigers take the field as a TEAM coming out of the tunnel for the final time before kick-off.

I count my blessing and say a quiet prayer when I see the leaves changing their colors, the crowd gathering around a grill, but most of all - when the sun sets over the lip of the upper deck of JH stadium and I see that last orange beam of light as darkness slips in. That is a powerful moment for me. I know that God is in the house! May God continue to bless Auburn University. I love it!

War Eagle!

Let's get busy!!

Psalm 27:1

1. Football

2. Waking up and feeling that crisp cool air in the mornings which leads me to think of .............FOOTBALL! :cheer:

War Damn Eagle! :au:

Touchdown Auburn! (dang Jim...we sure do miss ya!)

I appreciate the opportunity to be a part of the Auburn Family. I enjoy the kids as they play their version of Auburn football while tailgating. I love to see the little cheerleaders all dressed up in their cheering outfits, as they practice their cheers on the grass behind the cars. I love to see "Tiger" fly. I get all teary eyed when the Tigers take the field as a TEAM coming out of the tunnel for the final time before kick-off.

I count my blessing and say a quiet prayer when I see the leaves changing their colors, the crowd gathering around a grill, but most of all - when the sun sets over the lip of the upper deck of JH stadium and I see that last orange beam of light as darkness slips in. That is a powerful moment for me. I know that God is in the house! May God continue to bless Auburn University. I love it!

War Eagle!

Let's get busy!!

Psalm 27:1

252067[/snapback]

Yeah...that. ;)

:au::homer:

The great anticipation while loading up the van to head out for JH and the Promised Land for the BEST Football the South has to offer. As David said, walking into the Stadium and taking just a second to let it "soak" in. Arriving and getting that big WAR EAGLE from both daughters. :cheer:

I long for the NIP. :big:

Auburn Football.....Nothing better this side of Heaven. :au:

For my last 5 seasons as a student (This will be my first as an alumni :( ), it pretty much went like this.

Waking up with a hangover to my alarm that I set to go off when ESPN's College Game Day starts, and screaming GAAAAAAME DAAAAAAY!!!! loud enough that my roommate (AWK) and any friends we had passed out on our couch in the living room could wake up to it.

Then throwing on an orange gameday shirt and heading to the tailgating spot where we'd crack open the first beer far too early in the morning, especially considering the night we probably had before.

I guess this year I'll be one of those guys on the couch, but other than that it will probably be pretty much the same.

Let the games begin.

Anybody else have this one?

I dont wake up without an alarm clock EVER. But on saturdays during the fall...i could have been out until 4 am the night before, but i will wake up at 7-8am ready to hit the road to ttown (for you itd be AU...or firing up the grill to watch it on the tube). I dont know what it is, but an internal alarm clock wakes me up saying "you might be tired, you might have a bit of a hangover, but you arent gonna want to miss anything today"

I dont wake up without an alarm clock EVER. But on saturdays during the fall...i could have been out until 4 am the night before, but i will wake up at 7-8am ready to hit the road to ttown (for you itd be AU...or firing up the grill to watch it on the tube). I dont know what it is, but an internal alarm clock wakes me up saying "you might be tired, you might have a bit of a hangover, but you arent gonna want to miss anything today"

252195[/snapback]

Amen Brotha, preach on!!

1. My kids running around the house with their Auburn shakers.

2. My oldest boy insisting that we put the tiger tail on the car’s back bumper.

3. Planning my weekends around a trip to God’s Country and then listening to games on the car radio as we rush back to my folk’s house in Columbus to watch the late game.

4. The Nip.

While it would be quicker and probably a tad safer to come in off I-85, we always choose 280. Turning off at the Bottle is a mark that starts the chill--the flood of memories and the anticipation of good stuff!

Curse AmSouth for killing the Flush, but the old J&M bookstore, the church where my future bride and I were in the student choir, Tiger Walk, free dogs at the Alumni tent, getting a program, walking up the ramp (while the missus takes the wimpy elevator), settling in and sneaking the forbidden into a coke . . .ahhh!

Things I look forward to:

1. JH rising in the distance as I approach on Donahue

2. Tiger walk and the looks of excitement on all the AU faces

3. Tiger making the flight through the stadium [which I find to be the greatest spectacle in college football]

4. The band playing War Eagle inside JH for the first time.

5. The band playing the alma mater

6. Aubie doing his thing

7. The opening kick off

8. AU's first touchdown

9. If it was a very large win the crowd singing, "Its great to be an Auburn Tiger"

10. The walk back to the car after anothe AU win

WAR EAGLE!!!

252195[/snapback]

BG, you will find that, as you get older, that "internal" alarm clock works EVERY day.(DARN IT !) But, I know what you mean. :thumbsup:

Everything college football gets me going..

Here are a few that haven't been mentioned:

1) Hearing AU being mentioned on College Gameday - I hang on to each word like my life depends on it

2) When the band comes out onto the field (about 50 minutes pregame) to do their lap around the field. There's nothing like hearing the drumline and then hearing the band break out into their first song, especially when it's Bama/LSU/etc. and the stadium is already packed. The student section explodes..

3) Hearing "Slow Glory" on the road - prime example of this was 2005 LSU game. Auburn had trailed almost the entire game before Cox hit Mix on 4th and goal with under 5:00 left to give Auburn a 17-14 lead. The stunned Death Valley crowd, who had been rocking all night long, was dead silent. Meanwhile, the handful (and trust me, there were very few in attendance) of Auburn fans, throughout the TV break, sang as loud as we could to "Glory Glory to Ole Auburn" on repeat by the Auburn band. When it's the slow version like that, it's almost impossible to NOT cry when you sing "Glory.. glory.. to ole Auburn. Glory.. glory to ole Auburn. A-U-B-U-R-N!!"

4) To see our team walk out arm-in-arm pregame, pray during opponents' injuries, pray at midfield win-or-lose, smile, and with a tear in your eye, look at your friends next to you, smile again and say "That's my team."

Things I look forward to:

1. JH rising in the distance as I approach on Donahue

2. Tiger walk and the looks of excitement on all the AU faces

3. Tiger making the flight through the stadium [which I find to be the greatest spectacle in college football]

4. The band playing War Eagle inside JH for the first time.

5. The band playing the alma mater

6. Aubie doing his thing

7. The opening kick off

8. AU's first touchdown

9. If it was a very large win the crowd singing, "Its great to be an Auburn Tiger"

10. The walk back to the car after anothe AU win

WAR EAGLE!!!

252207[/snapback]

A MEN But would have to add....11. THE NIP

You guys have got to stop you are making me crazy. Bad enough hearing the high school drum line behind my house practicing

mine are as follows

-the smell of Auburn as you enter on the first game of the year

-seeing my friends from out of town for the first time in a year and knowing that they are still here and blessed for another year

-steping into a packed JandM knowing I am about to spend a ton of money and not caring

-the way that all the shakers look when shaking in unison to War Eagle

-the way your heart feels about 2 min before kickoff

-the sounds of the best crowd of any college football team

being a vid maker I would say seeing the pregame video while the team is marching through the tunnel, and if you add a little Carl Stephens over the PA I piss my pants. :D

AFTER Everything Else there's MASTER CARD

Being a student and a memeber of the AU marching band gameday for me starts early. I first start getting excited when I go to class on Wed. and seeing the RV's and people starting to show up. Sat morning we practice early at around 6 or 7 depending on kick off time. then when we play at tiger walk I get pumped and stay pumped. Pregame is really exciting getting to walk onto Pat Dye field and hearing 87+ thousand fans cheering. It makes early practices and long hot days all worth it. I can't wait for football just thinking about it. Auburn gamedays!!!!!! Nothin like it no where!!

When I think of Saturdays in the fall, I think of.....

....that six hour drive made much shorter by the promise of the beautiful Plains of Auburn.

....turning onto 280 in B'ham, it's like I'm on the last stretch home.

....after checking into the hotel and settling in, taking a long drive around campus, windows down and radio off, to feel the BUZZ!!!

.....getting my "drinking acessories" iced down and in order for the next day.

....waking up at the crack of dawn and pacing the floor while wifey takes a shower and gets ready for the long haul of gameday.

.....packing the truck up with the essentials: huge tent, cold beer & assorted other "acessories", grill and grub.

.....paying an ungodly amount to park 2 miles away, but hey, it's only money.

......spending at least half a grand at any (or all) of the Auburn stores scattered about town.

.....making multiple trips back to the truck to put on my new shirt (fat-boy sized, of course) and stow all the other goodies.

....carrying my tickets in my hand the WHOLE WAY to JH with a smile on my face, giddy at the prospect of another Auburn victory.

Good times, good times!!!!

Fall Saturdays......

1 - Georgia Tech's Band Parading down Bobby Dodd Ave behind the Ramblin' Wreck (I saw this at every Tech home game from 1990 to 2004)

2 - Tiger's Flight (My first game at JH was Sept. 2005, so it has a little while to go before it reaches my #1 reminder of Saturdays in the fall....)

3 - Praying that Corso DOES NOT pick Auburn or Tech to win that day's game (It seems when Lee picks your team to win, it's the kiss of death)

4 - Tailgaters who have their spot staked out on Tuesday afternoon for a Saturday Night game

5 - Night Games... Even though I was born and lived in metro Atlanta my entire life, I HATE humidity, especially during the day. If it were up to me, every game would kickoff at 7pm.

6 - Free food for marching band people at the Alumni Tent outside JHS :big:

7 - Thursday Night games at Bobby Dodd Stadium - A great atmosphere with the Atlanta skyline and a national TV audience

For me, it's the smell of freshly cut bermuda grass @ Jordan-Hare on a the dry, warm, late summer air.

It's the Auburn flags on the cars as they roll into town.

It's the motorhomes and campers out on the "beach".

It's the cold beer, hot food, and hotter babes in their sundresses. :)

It's "War Eagle" every other turn, and the kids playing their own little "Iron Bowls" on the lawn.

AUburn family and friends together again; all 88,000 of us!

It's the Auburn Band, Tiger Walk, smokin tunnel, and Aubie.

Are we ready for some football, or what?!!!!

And oh, the best part of it all......................ROLLIN TOOMERS CORNER! :cheer::au::cheer:

Archived