Alabama's "Traditions"

Bo Jackson34

Ever notice how Alabama Crimson Tide brags about their "traditions" But, personally I would like to see these "traditions." I think I finally figured them out. Like at every home game the release from the upper deck a baby elephant who swoops around the stadium (but not very far) and crash lands on the A. They also have the annual "elephant walk." Note: See how much Mike Shula has improved the tide. LOL

and what is the shed

252307[/snapback]

Well you have been a member since the beginning of December 05 and these are your first posts. That can only lead me to believe that you have been lurking on the board for quite some time and never posted.

I would assume that you have seen us all talk about the "woodshed" at one time or another. It is one of the forums on this bb.

The Woodshed is strictly for threads where you want to talk smack to opposing fans, opposing teams, your own fans, whatever :P

Any thread started that appears to be just a flame on a subject should be started in the Shed and forums like this at least need to have some relation to football open for discussion. Sorry for :poke: you so early. I see the post count now so you probably haven't found your way around.

Welcome Bo. And if you are the real Bo Jackson, forget everything I said. You can post whatever you want. :D

• 2 months later...

The Woodshed is strictly for threads where you want to talk smack to opposing fans, opposing teams, your own fans, whatever :P

Any thread started that appears to be just a flame on a subject should be started in the Shed and forums like this at least need to have some relation to football open for discussion. Sorry for :poke: you so early. I see the post count now so you probably haven't found your way around.

Welcome Bo. And if you are the real Bo Jackson, forget everything I said. You can post whatever you want. :D

thanks guys but i am not bo

OK seriously. What traditions do they have that are so great? I do not even know.

They have an iconic former coach who wore a houndstooth hat. How is this tradition?

They claim 12 national championships, when this iconic coach even admitted to the papers that they claimed them even if they didn't deserve them.

Other than that WHAT IS THERE? Their gameday atmosphere is bland. So bland, they had to copy Tiger Walk. Their band is bland. Their uniforms are bland. Their fans don't cheer or know the fight song....bland. Tailgating...bland.

What is this "tradition" of which they speak. Makes me want to watch "Fiddler on the Roof." TRADITION!!!

OK seriously. What traditions do they have that are so great? I do not even know.

They have an iconic former coach who wore a houndstooth hat. How is this tradition?

They claim 12 national championships, when this iconic coach even admitted to the papers that they claimed them even if they didn't deserve them.

Other than that WHAT IS THERE? Their gameday atmosphere is bland. So bland, they had to copy Tiger Walk. Their band is bland. Their uniforms are bland. Their fans don't cheer or know the fight song....bland. Tailgating...bland.

What is this "tradition" of which they speak. Makes me want to watch "Fiddler on the Roof." TRADITION!!!

The hat is symbolic of a great period in our program's history. And it's not about the hat, it's about the wins... aka the games that you usually came out on the losing side in.

Gameday atmosphere is bland? I'll give you this, it could be better. Certainly not bland though. I see no difference in AU and UA in this respect. We copied Tiger Walk? Riiiiiiiiight, b/c AU was the first school to let the team walk in I'm sure.

Our band is bland? I've been in your stands before and heard comments about how good the MDB is. I happen to think the AU band is a strong band as well. Therefore, I don't need to slam yours to build up mine. There in lies the difference...

I'm a fan. I don't cheer or know the fight song? Keep believing that.

Our uniforms are bland? Many people in the nation have our uniforms in the "top 5 lists." Our uniforms are classsic and the best in the nation IMO. If they ever changed them, I'd punch myself in the face... repeatedly. ;)

Didn't Ray Perkins tinker around with white helmets for a while when he was the ball coach at :ua: ?

The hat is symbolic of a great period in our program's history. And it's not about the hat, it's about the wins... aka the games that you usually came out on the losing side in.

Fair enough. Iconic. Has anything happened since the houndstooth hat?

Gameday atmosphere is bland? I'll give you this, it could be better. Certainly not bland though. I see no difference in AU and UA in this respect. We copied Tiger Walk? Riiiiiiiiight, b/c AU was the first school to let the team walk in I'm sure.

Most people agree that it started on Donahue Drive....not staged....just happened, and over time grew to be one of the greatest football traditions.

Our band is bland? I've been in your stands before and heard comments about how good the MDB is. I happen to think the AU band is a strong band as well. Therefore, I don't need to slam yours to build up mine. There in lies the difference...

I will give you this. Your band is classy. I should not be knocking them.

So when you talk about "tradition" what are you talking about? Or is just just some generalization like saying "school spirit" or "pride"?

So when you talk about "tradition" what are you talking about? Or is just just some generalization like saying "school spirit" or "pride"?

050823_HundredDollarBills_e.jpg

Fair enough. Iconic. Has anything happened since the houndstooth hat?

Most people agree that it started on Donahue Drive....not staged....just happened, and over time grew to be one of the greatest football traditions.

I will give you this. Your band is classy. I should not be knocking them.

We've won a NC since the houndstooth hat left our sidelines. You haven't.

Tiger Walk is a cool tradition. I can't go against that.

Tradition? See the sig. Nah, seriously... all schools have tradition. It's just that some have more.

Archived