Sears/Blackmon suspended

SouthLink02

Sears for his DUI conviction? Blackmon for the PI?

Anyone know?

AU's Rivals Site says it but of course I can't see shat

253016[/snapback]

Probably because:

Sears, DUI

Blackmon, Public Intoxication

Both happened earlier... The Sears incident happened during football season.

It is on the front of the AU Rivals site so I assumed it was something new since those previous incidents are old news.

Guest Tigrinum Major

They are suspended for an indeterminate amount of games. Steve Gandy is being moved from safety to back up Merrill Johnson at weakside LB.

If I had to guess, both will return by the LSU game.

I disagree with Sears' suspension. Hold the flames and I'll explain:

He already served a suspension last year. He was not allowed to play in the UGA game and I believe he was forced to stay home while the team went to Orlando.

Time served.

Certainly seems somewhat excessive if it is for the same crime.

Rather have it to that extreme than the other though.

Certainly seems somewhat excessive if it is for the same crime.

253027[/snapback]

Agreed on both points.

I disagree with Sears' suspension.  Hold the flames and I'll explain:

He already served a suspension last year.  He was not allowed to play in the UGA game and I believe he was forced to stay home while the team went to Orlando.

Time served.

253024[/snapback]

I disagree. He brought the program into a bad light back when he got arrested in the first place. Then later he was actually found guilty of the crime he was accused of committing. If he had been found innocent, then I would have no problem with him being allowed to play, but he was not, so let him sit.

You do anything that involves you going to the pokie, some time off. If you are actually guilty of the crime, a little more time off. I don't see the problem.

/no flame implied or meant

does this mean I have to continue waiting before I get to see Blackmon wrip people apart? In all honesty though, way to go Tubbs. Showing he won't put up with BS will only make our team stronger in the future.

Yea, I was like Wes in thinking Sears has already done the time. There has to be a little more to it for it to extend to this season. I have no problem with discipline and I'm glad to see it. I just thought missing the two games last year and having the entire off-season to punish :puke: the guy would be sufficient.

i don't remember what newspaper i saw this in, but after the sears, blackmon, pitts trifecta, tubbs was quoted as saying that all three guys' situations were going to be looked at for suspensions. pitts quit instead of serving what was rumored to be a 3-6 game suspension.

i know in the sears case he was actually awaiting a verdict, and tubbs said all the legal stuff was through, kevin would be dealt with for the last time. he was found guilty no more than two months ago, and i assume any new suspension is for that.

blackmon happened this summer. all three guys deserved it, and i hope they got the message.

253027[/snapback]

Exactly what I was thinking. I would rather be known as a coach that was too tough on discipline rather then not tough enough.

Actually, it is ironic in the way it works, but most athletes would rather play for a coach that was considered too tough then a coach that was thought to be a patsy when it comes to discpline. They know they tough coach is serious about winning and the tough discipline is a sacrifice that good players are willing to make to win. Look at all the kids that want to play for Bob Knight as a good example.

IF anyone in the NATION doesnt think CTT is in control of this program they need to wake up...

At the Auburn Club meeting the other night, Tuberville was asked about Trey. He said, "He's gonna be a special player, but he's in the doghouse right now. We're not a team that's gonna let things slide," at which point the audience cheered. Couple of games suspension probably. He'll get a shot at plowing into our SEC opponents I'm sure.

Ryan

IF anyone in the NATION doesnt think CTT is in control of this program they need to wake up...

253074[/snapback]

I dont think that was ever a concern in the court of public opinion. CTT runs a pretty tight ship. Always has. Well, i think its tighter at AU than it was at Ole Miss.

His players respect him...and he gives second chances, but doesnt let anything slide

So why is this all of a sudden on the front page of the Rivals site?

Did they do something or is this old news that is being brought up again

Guest Tigrinum Major

253095[/snapback]

The suspensions were just announced in conjunction with SEC Media Days.

Try to keep up.

I can't remember if this is true or not, but I think Sears' fled the scene of an accident plus he got a DUI, but don't quote me on that. If this is true, I figured he would at least get 2-4 games. As far as TB goes, 2 games would probably be enough. As far as MP goes, in my opinion, he dug his on hole and I wish him well in his future endeavors.

I am glad Coach Tubs is cracking down on this. He knows we are in the limelight now and anything and everything they do becomes scrutinized in the public eye. Hopefully, if TB is suspended it will open up his eyes to the real world. TB may have all the talent in the world, but if you don't have good common sense or show good judgement, the doors of opportunity will shut on you in a hurry. :au:

253074[/snapback]

I dont think that was ever a concern in the court of public opinion. CTT runs a pretty tight ship. Always has. Well, i think its tighter at AU than it was at Ole Miss.

His players respect him...and he gives second chances, but doesnt let anything slide

253081[/snapback]

I know it's friday BG but for goodness sake at least wait until Noon to start boozing.

MODS!!!!! Archive this. :poke:

I have to say BG as much as I hate Bammers you have an open invitation to watch a game with me anytime!! The rest of the Bammers on this board please sit up and take notice. BG loves his Tide but gives credit where it is due.

BG next time though type a little slower so that the rest of the bammers can keep up. :poke:

253095[/snapback]

Try to keep up.

253105[/snapback]

Hey TM, that's a great sig pic. Commentary on the uat OL: notice the Britt kid holding TJ Jackson. The other two blockers are using legal technique. #61? By spectator standards, he's got the best seat in the house. :D

Sears was suspended from the Georgia game, he missed the bowl game for personal reasons not suspension. From what I have heard, this extra punishment for him comes from him being convicted this summer for the charges he was arrested for last fall.

253074[/snapback]

253081[/snapback]

You surprise me sometimes. :thumbsup:;)

Try to keep up.

253105[/snapback]

Nah, bothering you is more fun.

Archived