Excuse me for a moment..

DKW 86

Recently AUNation was accused of hosting pics of Prothro's injuries from the :uf: game. I want to tell you all that AUNation never hosted nor encouraged those pics.

Truth: We had a pic from a remote host opened on a thread here way back in Oct. We nuked the thread after 20 minutes when a mod found it.

Truth: We recently had a poster LINK and article from SundayMorningQuarterback.com. The article was valid, but for some reason one of two pics accompanying it were of Prothro's injury. The link came with a warning for graphic pics. We nuked the entire thread as soon as a mod found it.

Truth: An Admin on the site and I acted together to get an :om: site to remove the pics way back when and they did.

Truth: I acted alone and got the pics removed from an :usc: site myself as well.

Truth: For the record: We here at AUNation are likely a more mature crowd than you will find on most of the other sports message boards. We have a very strict NO LINK-NO POST policy. It sometimes gets very tiring here talking about an issue because you better have the info to back up what you are talking about.

Truth: We also have a very strict "No Bashing the Players Rule." Probably one of the few sites on the web to have one. Some sites are now adopting it. I have been sent links to a few sites that basically parrot our "Rules" section.

Rant: I am a big boy. I can take the crap from almost anyone. I will however defend that which I have spent my time and money building. We have posters here now that are squeamish about some clearly humorous pics in this forum. That is a good gage showing that the entire membership is mature and has grown accustom to our policies. I actually like that they are squeamish. But these pics are absolutely not to be taken seriously. If you cannot laugh at yourself than you really are a little person. Check out what is up on our avatars page. Avatars We can laugh at our rivals and laugh at ourselves too.

Conclusion: to scream and curse at me about something you obviously are mis-informed of only shows your ignorance. I think that many here will see the truth in these comments.

Please believe me and this board, we may laugh at you and laugh at ourselves but we never be cruel about it nor will we be scandalously sick either. Posts here will never be to denigrade anyone on purpose, not you, not your school, and especially not an active player.

So before you slam me and this nessage board please use the search feature and do a little research. If anyone on another board had watched the NO LINK-NO POST rule on their board, there would be a whole lot less anger and acrimony than there was yesterday and today.

Thanks for your time...*Please note: I have had my say and never named an individual nor even the site as I wish and hope to maintain our relationship with them.

Man, when does football start?

So the Bammies are lying about something they know nothing about????? What else is new?

BTW David, good post.

Well said, oh exalted owner type person. This board is the one that got me hooked and after seeing and participating on a few others, there's NO COMPARISON. And I can attest to the fact that there are strict rules that have always been in place and enforced to keep this a "Family" atmosphere. You've done it right.

Tell me who's giving you crap and I'll take care of it.

So the Bammies are lying about something they know nothing about?????  What else is new?

253123[/snapback]

I heard Lance Bass was gay. Oh and some college students, some of which happen to be football players take a few easy classes.

If you dont mind me asking, where did this take place?

253157[/snapback]

On the internet... :D I just wanted to explain to everyone that David as well as the moderators are extremely fair and level headed. They stick to all of their rules and it makes this site one of the best on the net.

article from SundayMorningQuarterback

i posted the link to the above article. i didnt pay too much, or not nearly enough, attention to the pictures that were in the article, it seems. i read it and just thought it was funny. and an acurate assesment of the 2006 turd, imo. it was not posted to celebrate tyrone prothro being injured. that is one of the most gruesome injuries in the history of college football. i feel no glory at all in what happened on that play. i have no mailse toward any kid playing college ball anywhere, including alabama. hell, i'm an old man. i dont have room in my heart to hate college kids. all they want to do is play a little ball and get and education and for the really lucky ones, go on the the league and make some money. my wish is the best of luck to all of them, everywhere.

i saw that the link got deleted but i figured it was just for language. i really never realized that the pics of tyrone prothro were included until i read what DKW posted to start this thread. that was a truely unintentional mistake. i like tyrone and admire him for what he has accomplished. and wish him the speediest and most complete recovery possible. and hope to see him playing college ball asap and possibly in the nfl someday.

i'll close this by extending my most sincere apology to the alabama fans on this site and alabama fans everywhere, to the university of alabama and most importantly to tyrone prothro and his family. posting tyrone's injury, however unintentional, was dumb. and it will never happen again.

edited for spelling

article from SundayMorningQuarterback

i posted the link to the above article. i didnt pay too much, or not nearly enough, attention to the pictures that were in the article, it seems. i read it and just thought it was funny. and an acurate assesment of the 2006 turd, imo. it was not posted to celebrate tyrone prothro being injured. that is one of the most gruesome injuries in the history of college football. i feel no glory at all in what happened on that play. i have no mailse toward any kid playing college ball anywhere, including alabama. hell, i'm an old man. i dont have room in my heart to hate college kids. all they want to do is play a little ball and get and education and for the really lucky ones, go on the the league and make some money. my wish is the best of luck to all of them, everywhere.

i saw that the link got deleted but i figured it was just for language. i really never realized that the pics of tyrone prothro were included until i read what DKW posted to start this thread. that was a truely unintentional mistake. i like tyrone and admire him for what he has accomplished. and wish him the speediest and most complete recovery possible. and hope to see him playing college ball asap and possibly in the nfl someday.

i'll close this by extending my most sincere apology to the alabama fans on this site and alabama fans everywhere, to the university of alabama and most importantly to tyrone prothro and his family. posting tyrone's injury, however unintentional, was dumb. and it will never happen again.

edited for spelling

253244[/snapback]

It's ok DB, I took one for the team...You made it apparent to all that the link was questionable. The article was ok, the pics were crazy.

If you dont mind me asking, where did this take place?

253157[/snapback]

On the internet... :D I just wanted to explain to everyone that David as well as the moderators are extremely fair and level headed. They stick to all of their rules and it makes this site one of the best on the net.

253180[/snapback]

Do you have a link for that? :lol:

:au::homer:

But seriously...this is a favorite board of MANY of the AU family for a reason! Good job guys....

I remember when the pics where on this site...I thought you guys handled it with the sensitivity class it deserved...No appoliges needed as far as I'm concerned...You guys are alright for Aubies :thumbsup:

Well, I guess I'm a different sort of bird, but if that had happened to me or my kid on TV, I'd have a tape of it and show it when relatives or friends come to visit. I can't even imagine how a pic of a broken leg is so offensive. I understand that if he was disemboweled then that truly is hard core disgusting, but breaking a leg? I didn't see the post or link - maybe it made a joke of it which would be very poor taste.

It's cool to be politically correct, but to get blasted for a link to a pic that was played over and over on TV is more offensive than the posting of the link. This place is so nice and squeaky clean already that I surely have a hard time fitting in.

I guess if we just post bad things about AU here and openly worship Bahr and UA, these complainers will see no wrong.

As I say, I don't see the problem. I think your noble apeasement effort is okie dokie, but you shouldn't fret or let your blood pressure get up over some Bama whiner.

The best part of your post DKW, is the insight on what a pain in the butt doing something which benefits others can become. You're doing a great job. Don't let 'em get you down.

It's cool to be politically correct, but to get blasted for a link to a pic that was played over and over on TV is more offensive than the posting of the link.  This place is so nice and squeaky clean already that I surely have a hard time fitting in.

I guess if we just post bad things about AU here and openly worship Bahr and UA, these complainers will see no wrong. 

253517[/snapback]

Coming from an ambulance chasing lawyer ;) I guess that is a complement...

Archived