Tuberville the Bear?

Boonan

Please, the comparison I guess is in regard to influence. CTT is a positive

influence, not sure about the other guy.

As soon as I read that in the paper, I knew some Turd's wife was about to get the smack down. Melick is going to get a death threats and the Crimpson Turd Nation is going to riot. They are not eucated enough to comprehend the actual comparison, only that their "allah" has been spat upon being compared to an Auburn Coach. There will be an infinite number of responses of how CTT doesn't have even 1 NC and The Bahr has 42 of them and 666 SEC Championshps, etc. They just don't get it.

Just sit back and enjoy the show. It promises to be amusing. :cheer:

There is no comparison. Bahr could drink tubby under the table even if bahr was drunk when he started. Everyone knows that!

There is no comparison. Bahr could drink tubby under the table even if bahr was drunk when he started. Everyone knows that!

253356[/snapback]

There was also never an attempt to run Bahr out of town either. How soon do we forget that if Carnell and others didn't make threats to leave, TT wouldn't even be given the chance to be compared to Bahr....He would have been the next Terry.

253356[/snapback]

There was also never an attempt to run Bahr out of town either. How soon do we forget that if Carnell and others didn't make threats to leave, TT wouldn't even be given the chance to be compared to Bahr....He would have been the next Terry.

253361[/snapback]

If ifs and buts were nuts and candy we'd all have a Merry Christmas wouldn't we?

253356[/snapback]

253361[/snapback]

If ifs and buts were nuts and candy we'd all have a Merry Christmas wouldn't we?

253362[/snapback]

I hope someone a little more knowledgeable can come up with something better than that.

Whatever dude. You're the idiot who came out with the "if"s.

Who cares about ifs? Ifs are irrelevant. Hard to come up with a good comeback for an irrelevant statement.

Fact: 1 SEC loss in the last two years and fully reloaded with talent .

Fact: you guys are stuck with a wimpy, wormy looking coach who can't recruit his way out of a paper bag and is settling for rif-raf recruits that will soon bury your program once again.

Who cares about ifs? Ifs are irrelevant. Hard to come up with a good comeback for an irrelevant statement.

Fact: 1 SEC loss in the last two years.

Fact: you guys are stuck with a wimpy, wormy looking coach who can't recruit his way out of a paper bag who is settling for rif-raf recruits that will soon bury your program once again.

253367[/snapback]

Hmmmm...See my statement above. I really don't think you know what you're talking about, but feel free to keep rambling about using "ifs". IF you like.

While most coaches tended to drive or fly in the night before their scheduled appearance, Tuberville arrived in Birmingham on Tuesday night - to attend an annual Jefferson County Auburn Alumni program - but started making himself available to the media Wednesday....

with everybody but Finebaum.... :big:

Fact: 1 SEC loss in the last two years.

Fact: you guys are stuck with a wimpy, wormy looking coach who can't recruit his way out of a paper bag who is settling for rif-raf recruits that will soon bury your program once again.

253367[/snapback]

Hmmmm...See my statement above. I really don't think you know what you're talking about, but feel free to keep rambling about using "ifs". IF you like.

253373[/snapback]

Call me when you have something concrete to talk about. Or don't.

There was also never an attempt to run Bahr out of town either. 

No, they had to drag him out of town on a stretcher after the magic had already disappeared.

Actually, I have heard that after the 1970 season there was a big uproar over whether or not the Bahr had anything left and if he should be replaced. He went 6-5 and 6-5-1 in '69 and '70. There were those that were ready to get a new coach. Especially because he lost both of those years to Auburn on their home field...er, I mean in Birmingham. ;)

There was also never an attempt to run Bahr out of town either.  .

253361[/snapback]

You're right MDM.

In the late 60s, many in the UA establishment thought the game had passed Bryant by. UA went 8-3 in 1968 and 6-5 in both 1969 and 1970. By the end of the 1970 season, a number of wealthy and influential UA boosters were ready to make a move. There was a serious push to bring in a younger, more innovative coach at that time. The only thing that saved his job was the fact that he had just enough goodwill to get one more season because he'd played there. Had Bryant not installed the wishbone and "turned the corner" so to speak, 1971 would probably have been his last season as head coach.

Several people on one side of my family were Alabama fans and even though I was pretty young at the time, I can still remember their sputtering rage that the "washed up old man" was allowed to stay.

To sum it up, CT? In addition to all the OTHER things you need to work on, perhaps you should brush up on your own history as well.

You guys are forgetting the 0-7-1 bowl trips. From 1968 to 1975 Bear Lost 7 and tied one.

Remember the ole joke: "Why does the Bear eat his Cheerios from a plate? Because if he put them in a bowl he would lose them."

He would never have survived the Internet with that record.

He also never won a bowl game running the Wishbone but yet it is still the Legendary blah blah blah Offense. Damn near got him fired. Damn near got Dye fired.

253356[/snapback]

... How soon do we forget that if Carnell and others didn't make threats to leave, TT wouldn't even be given the chance to be compared to Bahr...

253361[/snapback]

I can't forget something that didn't happen. Do you have a link for that rumor or did Carnell & others tell you that in person?

Yeah, I read one of his biographies and remember him taking heat after the two 6-5 campaigns.

Also recognized that uact's original post was pretty much crap afa facts go.

Didn't see much need to waste the breath though.

Yeah, I read one of his biographies and remember him taking heat after the two 6-5 campaigns.

253410[/snapback]

Next thing he'll tell us that Timothy Leary graduated from Alabama and that two members of Steely Dan attended UA. :D

253410[/snapback]

You're right I made it all up

http://www.tennessean.com/sports/vandy/arc...ent_ID=55296335

253410[/snapback]

253428[/snapback]

It was the stupid way you put it. You made it sound that Caddy made threats towards the program and thats the only reason why Tubberville kept his job.

Wake up and smell the coffee idiot. He kept his job because the fanbase was in an uproar over the Petrino mess. Everyone in the SEC knows that.

Dont spin stories for your own good, it only makes you look like a fool.

There was more than the wishbone that saved Bryant--he went on the wagon. I believe it was after the '68 season, he collapsed in California and was hospitalized. He had drunk himself into a fatigued stupor.

Insiders were talking about how he would berate his coaches after some player would make a bad play: "What #$!!# coach recruited that *%##!!@ ?"

To his credit, he got control of himself and straightened up.

As far as comparisons to Bryant regarding Tuberville, the only thing so far is years to winning them all. It took Bryant 17 years as a head coach; Tuberville did it in 10.

Their in-state rivalries after 7 years are the same: 5-2.

253428[/snapback]

You said "Carnell & others" made threats to leave and insinuated that those threats were the reason CTT was retained. The link says nothing about a Carnell threat:

Had Tommy Tuberville been run out on Auburn after last season, Carnell Williams wouldn't have been far behind him.

The Southeastern Conference's premier running back said he could not see himself remaining a part of a program that would have ''stabbed my coach in the back the way some people tried to do.''

And Williams' departure would have thrust a dagger in Auburn's hope of competing again for the Western Division crown.

Instead, Williams is back with one eye on becoming the school's all-time leading rusher and the other on helping the Tigers return to the prominent position they held at the brink of last season when several preseason publications picked them to finish as the nation's No. 1 team.

''I came in with Coach Tub, I know what kind of guy he is, an outstanding guy,'' Williams said. ''So pretty much if he was going to leave, I would have left.''

Carnell simply says he would have left if CTT had been fired. Pretty straightforward sentence & logic. Where's the proof that he threatened anyone and that his threat contributed to saving CTT's job? bammie logic :thumbsdown::no:

253428[/snapback]

You said "Carnell & others" made threats to leave and insinuated that those threats were the reason CTT was retained. The link says nothing about a Carnell threat:

Had Tommy Tuberville been run out on Auburn after last season, Carnell Williams wouldn't have been far behind him.

The Southeastern Conference's premier running back said he could not see himself remaining a part of a program that would have ''stabbed my coach in the back the way some people tried to do.''

And Williams' departure would have thrust a dagger in Auburn's hope of competing again for the Western Division crown.

Instead, Williams is back with one eye on becoming the school's all-time leading rusher and the other on helping the Tigers return to the prominent position they held at the brink of last season when several preseason publications picked them to finish as the nation's No. 1 team.

''I came in with Coach Tub, I know what kind of guy he is, an outstanding guy,'' Williams said. ''So pretty much if he was going to leave, I would have left.''

Carnell simply says he would have left if CTT had been fired. Pretty straightforward sentence & logic. Where's the proof that he threatened anyone and that his threat contributed to saving CTT's job? bammie logic :thumbsdown::no:

253431[/snapback]

Ok let me clear the air. Maybe saying "threaten" didn't sit well with alot of you. I didn't mean the entire 2004 team kicked in the door and held Howsell at gun point and demanded their beloved Tubby be vindicated of the 2003 season or all would be lost if he were not to return. Carnell, practically told everyone that he would not return his senior season at Auburn if TT didn't return. I see that as a threat made by a player in order to help his coach keep his job. I'm sorry if most of you don't see it that way but who cares, that's what happened. It was widely thought that alot of the other 2004 seniors would do the same...So, flame away I don't care.

In reguards to Coach Bryant, I gave a link, now let's see what you guys have. I think that alot of you have made worse accuations that I...

253356[/snapback]

253361[/snapback]

He never got a brick thrown through his window either...irrelevant! :big:

:au::homer:

Archived