Tuberville the Bear?

Boonan

There is no comparison. Bahr could drink tubby under the table even if bahr was drunk when he started. Everyone knows that!

253356[/snapback]

There was also never an attempt to run Bahr out of town either. How soon do we forget that if Carnell and others didn't make threats to leave, TT wouldn't even be given the chance to be compared to Bahr....He would have been the next Terry.

253361[/snapback]

He never got a brick thrown through his window either...irrelevant! :big:

:au::homer:

253435[/snapback]

Or a Hayride through town for 2nd place :rolleyes:

You're right I made it all up

http://www.tennessean.com/sports/vandy/arc...ent_ID=55296335

253428[/snapback]

You said "Carnell & others" made threats to leave and insinuated that those threats were the reason CTT was retained. The link says nothing about a Carnell threat:

Had Tommy Tuberville been run out on Auburn after last season, Carnell Williams wouldn't have been far behind him.

The Southeastern Conference's premier running back said he could not see himself remaining a part of a program that would have ''stabbed my coach in the back the way some people tried to do.''

And Williams' departure would have thrust a dagger in Auburn's hope of competing again for the Western Division crown.

Instead, Williams is back with one eye on becoming the school's all-time leading rusher and the other on helping the Tigers return to the prominent position they held at the brink of last season when several preseason publications picked them to finish as the nation's No. 1 team.

''I came in with Coach Tub, I know what kind of guy he is, an outstanding guy,'' Williams said. ''So pretty much if he was going to leave, I would have left.''

Carnell simply says he would have left if CTT had been fired. Pretty straightforward sentence & logic. Where's the proof that he threatened anyone and that his threat contributed to saving CTT's job? bammie logic :thumbsdown::no:

253431[/snapback]

Ok let me clear the air. Maybe saying "threaten" didn't sit well with alot of you. I didn't mean the entire 2004 team kicked in the door and held Howsell at gun point and demanded their beloved Tubby be vindicated of the 2003 season or all would be lost if he were not to return. Carnell, practically told everyone that he would not return his senior season at Auburn if TT didn't return. I see that as a threat made by a player in order to help his coach keep his job. I'm sorry if most of you don't see it that way but who cares, that's what happened. It was widely thought that alot of the other 2004 seniors would do the same...So, flame away I don't care.

In reguards to Coach Bryant, I gave a link, now let's see what you guys have. I think that alot of you have made worse accuations that I...

253434[/snapback]

So basically, your saying that it was because of Carnell that Tuberville kept his job right?

Again, you know nothing of what you speak. It was the fanbase that was in an uproar over petrinogate. Even YOU know that.

But why argue with an idiot.

There is no comparison. Bahr could drink tubby under the table even if bahr was drunk when he started. Everyone knows that!

253356[/snapback]

There was also never an attempt to run Bahr out of town either. How soon do we forget that if Carnell and others didn't make threats to leave, TT wouldn't even be given the chance to be compared to Bahr....He would have been the next Terry.

253361[/snapback]

He never got a brick thrown through his window either...irrelevant! :big:

:au::homer:

253435[/snapback]

Or a Hayride through town for 2nd place :rolleyes:

253440[/snapback]

13-0 and 2nd place is better than 6-6 and being serinaded by the Minnesota band with "Rocky Top." Sometimes this is too easy....

253428[/snapback]

You said "Carnell & others" made threats to leave and insinuated that those threats were the reason CTT was retained. The link says nothing about a Carnell threat:

Had Tommy Tuberville been run out on Auburn after last season, Carnell Williams wouldn't have been far behind him.

The Southeastern Conference's premier running back said he could not see himself remaining a part of a program that would have ''stabbed my coach in the back the way some people tried to do.''

And Williams' departure would have thrust a dagger in Auburn's hope of competing again for the Western Division crown.

Instead, Williams is back with one eye on becoming the school's all-time leading rusher and the other on helping the Tigers return to the prominent position they held at the brink of last season when several preseason publications picked them to finish as the nation's No. 1 team.

''I came in with Coach Tub, I know what kind of guy he is, an outstanding guy,'' Williams said. ''So pretty much if he was going to leave, I would have left.''

Carnell simply says he would have left if CTT had been fired. Pretty straightforward sentence & logic. Where's the proof that he threatened anyone and that his threat contributed to saving CTT's job? bammie logic :thumbsdown::no:

253431[/snapback]

Ok let me clear the air. Maybe saying "threaten" didn't sit well with alot of you. I didn't mean the entire 2004 team kicked in the door and held Howsell at gun point and demanded their beloved Tubby be vindicated of the 2003 season or all would be lost if he were not to return. Carnell, practically told everyone that he would not return his senior season at Auburn if TT didn't return. I see that as a threat made by a player in order to help his coach keep his job. I'm sorry if most of you don't see it that way but who cares, that's what happened. It was widely thought that alot of the other 2004 seniors would do the same...So, flame away I don't care.

In reguards to Coach Bryant, I gave a link, now let's see what you guys have. I think that alot of you have made worse accuations that I...

253434[/snapback]

So you say that had it not been for CW threatening to leave, CTT wouldn't be around MEANING: Carnells threat kept CTT's job. Then you crawfish and say it wasn't a real threat. But stand by the CW saving CTT's job. Your support is an article written 8 mos. after Petrinogate happened in which CW states, ''I came in with Coach Tub, I know what kind of guy he is, an outstanding guy, So pretty much if he was going to leave, I would have left.'' How is that any sort of concern 8 months ago. You got a link from 11/03 or 12/03 that states what Carnell told those around him?

In reguards to Coach Bryant, I gave a link, now let's see what you guys have.
"It was widely thought that alot of the other 2004 seniors would do the same."

Hey, while you find a link for that, I will see if I can find that newspaper article online from 1970 :blink: .

253356[/snapback]

253361[/snapback]

Wrong, it wasn't the players that got the pull. I know what the response sent to my mother was from the university when she wrote them and withdrew donations........ your very very wrong.

Funny how all of you Alabama posters know all the inside workings of Auburn, even more than my family members that have worked at high administrative positions for Auburn.

253428[/snapback]

253431[/snapback]

... Carnell, practically told everyone that he would not return his senior season at Auburn if TT didn't return. I see that as a threat made by a player in order to help his coach keep his job. I'm sorry if most of you don't see it that way but who cares, that's what happened. It was widely thought that alot of the other 2004 seniors would do the same...So, flame away I don't care.

253434[/snapback]

By whom -- the dirt road uat alumni? I'm sure that's what they wanted to believe. That doesn't make it fact, though. Beliefs based on unsubstantiated rumors are still delusional opinions. You're going to have to do better than what you posted to support your claim. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you just posted the 1st thing that you could find (and didn't bother reading the content.) Find another link please and we can debate if the threats made by "Carnell and others" were the real reason why CTT kept his job. Your "who cares, that's what happened" summation is looking weak as Ole Miss. :big:

As soon as I read that in the paper, I knew some Turd's wife was about to get the smack down.  Melick is going to get a death threats and the Crimpson Turd Nation is going to riot.  They are not eucated enough to comprehend the actual comparison, only that their "allah" has been spat upon being compared to an Auburn Coach.  There will be an infinite number of responses of how CTT doesn't have even 1 NC and The Bahr has 42 of them and 666 SEC Championshps, etc.  They just don't get it.

Just sit back and enjoy the show.  It promises to be amusing.  :cheer:

253355[/snapback]

As far as comparisons to Bryant regarding Tuberville, the only thing so far is years to winning them all.  It took Bryant 17 years as a head coach;  Tuberville did it in 10.

Their in-state rivalries after 7 years are the same: 5-2.

253430[/snapback]

lol

253356[/snapback]

253361[/snapback]

This shows that you really don't know the reality of what goes on. That's not criticizing because I'm sure you are too young to know and there is rarely recorded history of behind the scenes events. Others have posted examples of bama alumni unrest above. But reality is that Bryant almost didn't last beyond his second year.

My Dad worked at the B'ham News and I hung out there a lot. I knew most of the sportswriters, even played on the same softball team with one of the better known ones. I can tell you that as the 1959 FB season came to close, many influential bama alumni were unhappy with Bryant and he was going to be fired after the season. The guys at the paper knew this and were already writing their stories. Then bama, in a mild upset, beat Auburn in the last game and his job was saved. The rest is well recorded history. But if bama hadn't beat Auburn in 1959, Bryant himself was history.

Yeah, I read one of his biographies and remember him taking heat after the two 6-5 campaigns.

Also recognized that uact's original post was pretty much crap afa facts go.

Didn't see much need to waste the breath though.

253410[/snapback]

253428[/snapback]

Okay, this is the last breath I will waste on the turd nation today.

All this article says is that carnell says he would have left if tubs had. It was said after the fact. Would carnell have actually left after he settled down? Who knows? Kids say all kinds of things when these coaching things happen and few follow thru on what they say. Hell, this is even after the fact when tubs was definitely back so it is too easy for someone to say, "I woulda left".

It is nice to know our players feel this way about tubs though. If droola were to leave most players would probably be happy, lol. Especially if they got a good coach in there.

Anyways, you said in your original post that the reason tubs wasn't released is because carnell and others threatened to leave and this article does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to back up that statement. I'm guessing that maybe after your pubes grow in you will be able to figure that out.

I'm sure there were MANY factors that led to Tubs staying and players threatening to leave played a very small role in that if any. Players always threaten to leave when someone might get fired, ESPECIALLY when the coach is as beloved as Tubs. When people found out what was being attempted by a powerful few the sheeet hit the fan and that was the biggest factor of all.

Listen ct, I would never call you a typical stupid blinded turd. It's against the rules here to name call. However, if you don't stop acting like a stupid turd people are going to assume you're one and then people everywhere are going to say, "Oh, Jesus, here comes the pain in the a## turd again". Then you'll begin to be ignored by people with the sense not to play with turds and you can spar around with who's left.

Like I said before, come back when you have something concrete, OR DON'T. Turds come and go all the time around here and we forget there names quite quickly. We do have a few who are cool and hang with us and we like them, well kinda lol.

[There was also never an attempt to run Bahr out of town either.

253361[/snapback]

During the later 1960s early 1970s Bama people placed "For Sale" signs in Bryant's yard because of their discontentment with him.

253356[/snapback]

253361[/snapback]

This shows that you really don't know the reality of what goes on. That's not criticizing because I'm sure you are too young to know and there is rarely recorded history of behind the scenes events. Others have posted examples of bama alumni unrest above. But reality is that Bryant almost didn't last beyond his second year.

My Dad worked at the B'ham News and I hung out there a lot. I knew most of the sportswriters, even played on the same softball team with one of the better known ones. I can tell you that as the 1959 FB season came to close, many influential bama alumni were unhappy with Bryant and he was going to be fired after the season. The guys at the paper knew this and were already writing their stories. Then bama, in a mild upset, beat Auburn in the last game and his job was saved. The rest is well recorded history. But if bama hadn't beat Auburn in 1959, Bryant himself was history.

253527[/snapback]

You're right I wasn't around during Coach Bryant's second season, but I was fortunate enough to witness,"personally" him coaching in his last National Championship game. I think alot of the man, he wasn't the cheating drunkard most on this forum makes him out to be. So, if it's justifiable to simply think of Coach Bryant as a drunkard then I feel pretty justified in calling Carnell, Tubby's savior. That's Bammer logic for ya :big:

Yeah, I read one of his biographies and remember him taking heat after the two 6-5 campaigns.

253410[/snapback]

253428[/snapback]

All this article says is that carnell says he would have left if tubs had. It was said after the fact. Would carnell have actually left after he settled down? Who knows? Kids say all kinds of things when these coaching things happen and few follow thru on what they say. Hell, this is even after the fact when tubs was definitely back so it is too easy for someone to say, "I woulda left".

It is nice to know our players feel this way about tubs though. If droola were to leave most players would probably be happy, lol. Especially if they got a good coach in there.

Anyways, you said in your original post that the reason tubs wasn't released is because carnell and others threatened to leave and this article does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to back up that statement. I'm guessing that maybe after your pubes grow in you will be able to figure that out.

I'm sure there were MANY factors that led to Tubs staying and players threatening to leave played a very small role in that if any. Players always threaten to leave when someone might get fired, ESPECIALLY when the coach is as beloved as Tubs. When people found out what was being attempted by a powerful few the sheeet hit the fan and that was the biggest factor of all.

Listen ct, I would never call you a typical stupid blinded turd. It's against the rules here to name call. However, if you don't stop acting like a stupid turd people are going to assume you're one and then people everywhere are going to say, "Oh, Jesus, here comes the pain in the a## turd again". Then you'll begin to be ignored by people with the sense not to play with turds and you can spar around with who's left.

Like I said before, come back when you have something concrete, OR DON'T. Turds come and go all the time around here and we forget there names quite quickly. We do have a few who are cool and hang with us and we like them, well kinda lol.

253553[/snapback]

I don't even know where to start with you. So, I guess I'll just take the cowardly way out and just say you're a very excitable young man, and your pubes and constant references to fecal matter in place of tide is just too damn hillarious. Keep up the potty humor you're going to go places I'm sure. :thumbsup:

...  So, if it's justifiable to simply think of Coach Bryant as a drunkard then I feel pretty justified in calling Carnell, Tubby's savior.  That's Bammer logic for ya :big:

253596[/snapback]

Yep, ignoring facts & substituting opinionated bias is classic bammie logic. One question for ya, ua-CT: is your first name Shane? :lol:

253356[/snapback]

253361[/snapback]

253527[/snapback]

You're right I wasn't around during Coach Bryant's second season, but I was fortunate enough to witness,"personally" him coaching in his last National Championship game. I think alot of the man, he wasn't the cheating drunkard most on this forum makes him out to be. So, if it's justifiable to simply think of Coach Bryant as a drunkard then I feel pretty justified in calling Carnell, Tubby's savior. That's Bammer logic for ya :big:

253596[/snapback]

I didn't say anything about the Bear being a drunk. You said no one ever tried to run him off. You have been given several examples. Why not just admit you were wrong?

253410[/snapback]

253428[/snapback]

253553[/snapback]

I don't even know where to start with you. So, I guess I'll just take the cowardly way out and just say you're a very excitable young man, and your pubes and constant references to fecal matter in place of tide is just too damn hillarious. Keep up the potty humor you're going to go places I'm sure. :thumbsup:

253597[/snapback]

Apparently, you're not too sure where to start with grammar and the English language judging by this post. I'd say proofread next time if I thought it would do you any good.

Apologies to shane for auloggerhead comparing you to him.

:thumbsup::rolleyes:

253410[/snapback]

253428[/snapback]

253553[/snapback]

253597[/snapback]

Apparently, you're not too sure where to start with grammar and the English language judging by this post. I'd say proofread next time if I thought it would do you any good.

Swishhhh from half court....

Ouch :lol:

253410[/snapback]

253428[/snapback]

253553[/snapback]

253597[/snapback]

Who needs grammar with smart a** kids like you around?

253356[/snapback]

253361[/snapback]

If ifs and buts were nuts and candy we'd all have a Merry Christmas wouldn't we?

253362[/snapback]

I hope someone a little more knowledgeable can come up with something better than that.

Certainly. How about this....

Four in a ROW and the THUMB to go! ! ! :au::big:

Archived