McFadden hurt?

BamaGrad03

That could be very interesting for the season. McFadden is the man if he comes back like he played at the end of the season. He could better than Darby or Irons before he is through.

"Turf Toe" can be a BIG hinderance to a running back. I would think this is considerably worse than that and could affect his running ability to some degree for most of the season.

I imagine that something like this takes a great deal time to heal. I fractured a toe once and it took months to heal.

If mcfadden plays vs USC they have a chance, if he doesn't, they don't. I for one really want them to beat USC, but jones is not even close to mcfadden. if they get wooped by USC again, and then he comes back and they beat a couple good SEC teams with him, then all we will hear is how the SEC is overrated. nobody will acknowledge the fact the ARK with him is different than ARK without him. he better be ready for the opener or i will be pissed.

An football team without leaders is like a foot without a big toe. And McFadden was always gonna be here to be that big toe for Arky. I think that we owe a big round of applause to our newest, bestest buddy, and big toe... Darren McFadden

Original word was that he was trying to stop his brother's car from being stolen.

Seems the car was just driven off while everyone was distracted by the fight already in progress.

Arkansas's backfield is still pretty good. Dont they have a hoss at fb? And that other guy.... Felix?

Losing McFadden will be a big blow, but they still have the tools on that side of the ball to get it done... just not as well.

yes, they do have two other studs at running back. the fullback in question (and by far the best one in the conference) is peyton hillis. that guy's a personal favorite of mine. he averaged almost 5 ypc and led the team in receptions last year. the other tailback is felix jones, a super sophomore just like mcfadden. he averaged over 6 yards per carry on 100 attempts last year. needless to say, they still have options in the backfield, and the qb questions are still bigger than anything else on offense.

USC is a 25 to 30 pt. favorie.I can't remember exactly, but it's somewhere in that range. You're dreaming if you think they have any chance to beat USC.

As everyone has said this is a big blow for the pigs! I think they will have to go to the pass with there new pass happy oc, this may lead to playing Mustain early!

He ism expected back by the first of October. Just after Bama and just in time for us. http://aunation.net/images%20V/2006helmets...es/image002.jpg

253514[/snapback]

But he probably won't be in "football" shape...and we should beat them with or without him anyway.

:au::homer:

I don't care how great Arkansas backups are...losing McFadden hurts tremendously

253508[/snapback]

Absolutely. There goes 99% of my hopes for a SC loss.

USC is a 25 to 30 pt. favorie.I can't remember exactly, but it's somewhere in that range. You're dreaming if you think they have any chance to beat USC.

253487[/snapback]

i don't know where you are getting your info but i haven't heard anything in the neighborhood of 30 points.

this article was written friday and says to expect USC to be a 10 point favorite.

http://www.covers.com/articles/articles.as...6779&tid=30&t=1

if you do know somewhere online to get early lines i would be interested to hear about it.

Guest Tigrinum Major

The toe was practically torn off (about 330 degrees, from discussions at woopig) and a pin placed in it.

I had my accident last year in late May and started running again in early August. I can't imagine playing football in two months.

The toe was practically torn off (about 330 degrees, from discussions at woopig) and a pin placed in it.

I had my accident last year in late May and started running again in early August.  I can't imagine playing football in two months.

253653[/snapback]

If it was the big toe, you are talking about the balance of the body. This kid was just a frosh last year. Let him sit out a year and come back with a vengence next year. He was the only piggie that scared me last year. Dude was awesome.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Actually (and I am living proof of this), the big toe will not affect your balance as much as you would think. Your eyes and your inner ears compensate, especially in younger people.

It will keep him out, just because of the pain and the conditioning, but it shouldn't affect him in the long run. I could see him coming back this year, especially if the Hogs start losing.

Everyone forgets that they still have Felix Jones, who wasn't too shabby himself last year.

This is from a piggie booster buddy of mine. Usually has pretty good info. But take it at face value.

"The best I can make out from all kinds of different reports, he was fighting with a guy who was trying to steal his brother's car, went to kick the guy, lost his shoe, and busted his toe on either the guy, the asphalt, or something else nearby. Then, apparently while the police were questioning him, they let the thief drive off in his car. Talk about adding insult to injury."

Archived