David Ortiz is the man!!!

Ranger12

Anybody catch the Red Sox/Indians game on ESPN tonight? If you didn't:

Red Sox down 8-6. Bottom of the 9th and 1 out with two men on base. David Ortiz is up. Once again David Ortiz hits one out to dead center to win the game. Big Papi is the freakin' man. I am with Rick Sutcliff and saying he may be arguably the best clutch hitter in the history of baseball. It blows my mind how many times I have watched this man win the game for my Red Sox.

On a bad note, the leaer of the team and one of my favorite all time Red Sox players, went out in the third inning with a twisted knee. We need the Captain healthy. He is the heart and soul of our team.

What do you Cubs fans think about losing Greg Maddux to the Dodgers?

Anybody catch the Red Sox/Indians game on ESPN tonight? If you didn't:

Red Sox down 8-6. Bottom of the 9th and 1 out with two men on base. David Ortiz is up. Once again David Ortiz hits one out to dead center to win the game. Big Papi is the freakin' man. I am with Rick Sutcliff and saying he may be arguably the best clutch hitter in the history of baseball. It blows my mind how many times I have watched this man win the game for my Red Sox.

On a bad note, the leaer of the team and one of my favorite all time Red Sox players, went out in the third inning with a twisted knee. We need the Captain healthy. He is the heart and soul of our team.

What do you Cubs fans think about losing Greg Maddux to the Dodgers?

David Ortiz has carried the Red Sox nation on his shoulders. It was an amazing come from behind win.

However, a bigger concern is that we didn't trade for a pitcher. Wells, atleast in my mind, didn't look good at all tonight. I know, he has to be rusty after being on the DL for so long, but he just doesn't look as sharp as I've seen him in the past. Wakefield is on the DL and hasn't had the type of season I was expecting from him. Schilling has even announced that he will retire in 2 seasons. I think we really wasted these past weeks not addressing some of our needs. Meanwhile, the Yankees picked up Abreu for next to nothing, helping their needs in OF (Matsui and Shefield on DL).

I hope this doesn't come back to haunt us, especially since we don't know the status of Varitek (catcher) or Trot Nixon. I don't see us in the lead much longer. The way the Tigers and White Sox have played this year we might not even get a Wild Card.

I hope Ortiz can keep it up, because his constitancy is about all we have. Ortiz is the man!!

Archived